PDA

View Full Version : HRT Letter

ellieparsons
07-31-2014, 09:04 AM
I just found out yesterday, that my therapist will be writing me my HRT letter this week, hope to have it a week or so. I'm really excited and a big nervous at the same time. I cant wait for this part of the journey to begin. I say bring it on. :)

LeaP
07-31-2014, 09:42 AM
It's always an emotional ride for so many reasons! Do post where and when you take that first dose!

What are your thoughts beyond hormones?

Angela Campbell
07-31-2014, 09:52 AM
I remember getting that letter a little over 14 months ago. It was so exciting at the time. I am still so glad I did start and have every intention to continue all the way.

I Am Paula
07-31-2014, 10:05 AM
It was a big day for sure. I began to feel better immediately, just knowing I was finally doing something positive.
Congrats, and best of luck. Keep us informed.

ellieparsons
07-31-2014, 10:41 AM
It's always an emotional ride for so many reasons! Do post where and when you take that first dose!

What are your thoughts beyond hormones?

My ultimate plans is to completely transition with the SRS Surgery, but theres many factors that i have to deal with, my job being the biggest one, I work for a General Contractor as a Project manager and i make decent salary, if for some reason i leave or lose my job, i would lose my house and more. So i'm very cautious with what i do, but i need to do this for myself, i've had enough of being upset and pretending to be someone else.

StaceyJane
07-31-2014, 03:34 PM
I remember I read my letter over and over and over. It was a big moment.

Kathryn Martin
07-31-2014, 07:20 PM
I am wondering why you are nervous. Did you want to begin a hormone regimen or did this just fall in your lap? Did you go through informed consent form with your therapist and are fully aware of all of the potential consequences and potential side effects?

It is great when you get the letter but apart from elation there are matters that you need to attend to and one of them is inform yourself. Once you have done so there should be nothing to be nervous about.

BOBBI G.
07-31-2014, 08:01 PM
Unlike the majority, I did not receive a letter from my Psyc. I have been using the VA for mine and she gave me the phone number of the Endo in Miami to set up an appointment. I am hoping to get a letter fr0m my endo allowing me to have my gender marker changed at the DMV.
My initial thrill came when I actually made the call and she came on the line. I was certain I was on the road needed traveled.

Congratulations on having your letter sent to you.

Bobbi

Leah Lynn
07-31-2014, 08:45 PM
Congaratulations! I never saw my letter; it was emailed straight to the endocrinologist.

Hugs,

Leah

PretzelGirl
07-31-2014, 09:47 PM
I think it was the most single calming thing to me as I felt I was on my path. That in spite of my therapist saying it and I got it a month later because I went on vacation, then he did. He wrote a book too. I think I got a hernia carrying it to the doctor!

Francine
07-31-2014, 11:32 PM
Congrats and good luck!
Francine

FurPus63
08-01-2014, 01:43 AM
My ultimate plans is to completely transition with the SRS Surgery, but theres many factors that i have to deal with, my job being the biggest one,

Words to think about: I began my transition in May 2012 and have not looked back. Well o.k. maybe I look, but will never go back! I had a good job making pretty good money, bennies....the whole shot. I figured I'd work there, get BC/BS insurance (at the time they had a policy that covered SRS now that policy doesn't exist and can't be purchased). I figured a year or so and my transition would be complete, I'd work there for 20 years, retire, live happily ever after. You know. "The American Dream." Nine months into full-time transition working as a woman, etc..... they fired me for stupid reasons. Now life is hard as hell.

But I'm not giving up. I'm not going back. Just trying to figure out a way to make it happen..... Good luck to you and congrats on the HRT letter!

becky77
08-01-2014, 01:49 AM
It was a big day for sure. I began to feel better immediately, just knowing I was finally doing something positive.

That's exactly how I felt!

I have a very similar job Ellie and feel also that my house is on the line. It won't stop me but at the same time, transitioning at work feels like such an enormous challenge.
Take your time and try plan it out as best you can.

Congratulations on getting your letter.

ellieparsons
08-01-2014, 06:27 AM
I am wondering why you are nervous. Did you want to begin a hormone regimen or did this just fall in your lap? Did you go through informed consent form with your therapist and are fully aware of all of the potential consequences and potential side effects?

It is great when you get the letter but apart from elation there are matters that you need to attend to and one of them is inform yourself. Once you have done so there should be nothing to be nervous about.

Its not being scared, just a bit apprehensive. This is a huge life change, that i cant wait for. I have to say if someone isn't the bit apprehensive about was is going to change in their life with starting HRT, then they are lying to themselves that everything is going to be just perfect. I have been seeing my therapist since the beginning of the year and we have been working on more then the Gender issues, both others.

LeaP
08-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Tomorrow is two years to the day that I took that first pill. It seemed almost mundane ... "Well, there it is, after all that"

By that point, no nerves at all. It was a foregone conclusion. The last bit of nerves disappeared abruptly on the way to the doctor's office for the prescription. Knowing the path is one thing. Resolving to take it is another. The final hesitation went of its own volition, overcome by the simple act of moving.

Melodie
08-04-2014, 12:08 PM
Hi ellie!
I just got my e-mail from my therapist and he told me will be sending my letter into the mail by today!
I can't wait myself!!! I have been waiting toooooo long for this.