PDA

View Full Version : Meeting GG girls from CL. Seeking advice

leonal123
08-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Hi,
I posted a few message on CL about dating a crossdresser and I got couple of replies from girls who are mainly stud lesbians but liked the offer. I like one of them very much after exchanging texts but she mentioned that she only likes to be in charge her partners never the other way. i am a straight guy but I have started liking her very much. I dont know what to do here :(

flatlander_48
08-02-2014, 11:14 AM
To me, one of the things that crossdressing does is create a new paradigm. We get to look at ourselves in very different ways. We get to uncover some of what may have been sitting in the background. It's possible that we may opt to do something unprecedented without the weight of tradition and convention. Who knows?

And, I agree with tammie. Our basic orientation does not change solely due to with whom we have sex. Certainly in is a significant part, but there are many facets to be included when we think of our sexual orientation. Things like who we relate to for support and relationships, how we align ourselves in terms of community and politics, etc. It's NOT about just with whom you happen to be sleeping.

MissTee
08-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Sorry, but Craigslist people give me the creeps. It's like looking for a date in a dumpster. Don't mean to offend, just sharing what I feel. Be careful.

Andy66
08-02-2014, 01:05 PM
she mentioned that she only likes to be in charge her partners never the other way.
Maybe you like that sort of thng, but if it were me, I would run, not walk the other direction. Sounds to me like she might be a bit insecure or a control freak.

Jean. Ann
08-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Just like any relationship
Give a try
See how it develops
Better to have given it a try
Than to have regrets for the rest
of your life

Jean Ann

AllieSF
08-02-2014, 01:22 PM
I agree with Jean Ann. Give it a cautious and curious try. Being in control in a relationship is not new, nor delegated to the fringe community in life. It means different things to different people. Plus, as in any relationship, face to face meetings and adventures is the only way to find out if you may be attracted to her, or her to you. I also agree with what Flatlander said. We tend to fit our lives based on our culture, community, friends and family. Crossdressing really does give us a great opportunity to explore other aspects of life that we may have never considered before. Good luck.

IMkrystal
08-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Sorry, but Craigslist people give me the creeps. It's like looking for a date in a dumpster. Don't mean to offend, just sharing what I feel. Be careful.

Crossdressers looking for accepting GGs is a crap shoot "If wishes were horses beggars would ride" But than again If you don't play you cannot win! Good luck?

Vickie_CDTV
08-02-2014, 02:44 PM
For goodness sake, meet this person in a public place first and get to know her well first before you are alone with her in a private space and vulnerable. You are setting yourself to be mugged or otherwise injured, it happens to men who hook up on craigslist all the time.

kimdl93
08-02-2014, 03:52 PM
A few messages, doesn't tell you much. Really. If you must meet this person, do so in a public place and have an exit plan. Then, give it a few months before you even think about getting privately involved...t. CL is a great venue for meeting predators. Beware!

Wildaboutheels
08-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Meeting another person from ANY website demands 2 things. [UNLESS you have had several conversations on the phone and/or cammed with them]

1] Meet them in a very public place like a mall. The more people the better.

2] Meet them during the daylight.

Your risks go up exponentially if you fail to practice both of these especially for females unless they are Black Belts and carry tazers.

allisonagain
08-02-2014, 05:18 PM
I've met a couple people from CL and done it like recommended. One worked, the other didn't. No harm done but be careful.

BLUE ORCHID
08-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Hi Leona, Be careful what you wish for , Be very careful with anything on CL.

Ashley Wray
08-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Hello Leona,

I have recently posted on CL and can tell you this I never give a phone number or text until we have had several conversations via messages and there is some sort of comfort to take it there. I assume you two have exchanged pics and there is interest on both parts?

The public place is the best way to go for an initial meeting as there are a lot of people portraying something there not and looking to lure or take advantage of you.
I understand you like her but its about protecting yourself and setting guidelines for yourself like don't be quick to give out personal information at least till after you meet in public and hit it off.
Also think about what kind of info they may have if things go south after you meet and they know where you live can harass you on your phone or your job.

I'm not saying this will happen but there are a lot of flakes on there and I'm very careful to screen them and thank god after several messages the weirdness has come out and I could cut it off easy as they don't have my number or personal info. I have gotten so creeped out from some of these people that started off good just messaging and then had it take a creepy turn and I literally ran to delete my ad and said I'm done with that crap.

Not saying this will happen to you! Also be careful if they get a little pushy wanting your address or if they don't agree to the public place that will tell you something right there.

Good luck but screen real well and take the safe route if they are not ok with that I'm sure you don't want to meet them anyway!

Beverley Sims
08-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Leona,
The decision is yours, you can go as far as you like or not at all.