PDA

View Full Version : Sunday mornings

DonnaG
08-03-2014, 07:44 AM
So here I sit in my best outfit and wishing that I could go to church. It's a situation that occurs most Sundays. When I was a lad I couldn't wait to get to church, not for the religious reasons, but because I wanted to watch all the beautifully dressed ladies coming in and making their way to their pews. That was in the late fifties to the mid sixties. The pretty dresses and nylon clad legs made me ache because I wanted to dress just like them. The heels, make up, and the wonderful perfumes... I live alone now and can dress as I want when I want and should be satisfied but for reasons that I cannot understand I want to get dressed to the nines and head for town. My height, 6'2", and build make that a wonderful unfulfilled dream.

Shelly Preston
08-03-2014, 08:01 AM
Donna why don't you go attend a church that is accepting ?

Kate Simmons
08-03-2014, 08:11 AM
I have attended accepting churchs before as Shelly suggested.:)

Lena
08-03-2014, 08:22 AM
No offense but the last few times I went to church, you'd be over dressed and stick out if you're in your Sunday best.

chelyann
08-03-2014, 08:59 AM
donna
dress to fit in and go to a church in another town and sit in the back.

stefan37
08-03-2014, 09:13 AM
The only thing holding you back from going out is you!. I have many transitioning friends that are over 6ft. We have many members that are over 6 ft. Fear is a powerful paralyzer. Enjoy life and get out there. Truly the world is not as scary as we think it is.

Tina B.
08-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Every year at our local Pride parade, it seems like half the churches in town come to say your welcome in our church. I think they mean it?

CynthiaD
08-03-2014, 10:45 AM
I see lots of ladies dressed up at Walmart on Sunday morning. Perhaps you could go shopping.

stephanie203
08-03-2014, 01:23 PM
I completely understand Donna and used to do the same thing as well as weddings, funerals, parties etc. It was incredibly frustrating, though wanting nothing more than to just be one of the girls. Now many, many years later I still remember some of my favorite outfits some of the ladies were wearing as though it was yesterday. Most really dressed like ladies.

Beverley Sims
08-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Donna,
Some dreams just persist don't they.

Nikki A.
08-09-2014, 10:05 PM
I go to a MCC church dressed and am totally accepted.

Julie Denier
08-09-2014, 10:07 PM
I remember quite well admiring the ladies at church in their dresses, skirts, hosiery and heels ... ahhh, memories ;)

Butterfly Bill
08-10-2014, 08:22 AM
GO! Many churches are now accepting of LGB and trans people and would love to add you to their diversity. Some good denominations are Unitarian-Universalist, Unity, Episcopal, and United Church of Christ (aka Congregationalist).

Vale
08-10-2014, 11:18 AM
I guess I have to be honest and admit it is not the religion I miss. It's the dresses and skirts, and the subtle tension between feminine sensuality and modesty that those women and their fashions seemed to radiate.

Terri Semes
08-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Yes indeed ,I agree with you Vale ,many of the ladies at the churches that I attended in the past would be dressed beautifully and some were very sensual ,and often wondered if this was intentional or just my mind wandering ?