PDA

View Full Version : A Driving Question

Rarity
08-03-2014, 08:16 PM
For me when i'm dressed "normal" (a guy) I notice my driving is more aggressive I speed more, tend to cut people off more, and I drive more or less one handed. While i'm dressed it seems my driving style does a complete 360 degree turn I drive the speed limit, I don't cut people off, and I drive with both hands at the 10 and 2 positions.

So do you notice a difference in your driving style?

Leslie Langford
08-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Yes, it's known as "not doing anything that would attract any undue attention from the local constabulary" while en femme and hence, result in my being pulled over for some perceived traffic infraction. Could make for a very awkward moment...

brandyred166
08-03-2014, 08:24 PM
I've never been out of the house en femme. I do underdress and when I do I do notice a difference in my attitude. I tend to be more relaxed.

ArleneRaquel
08-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Ny driving days are over. WhenI'm in a car these days I'm with a male or another CD. So far no pullovers..THeaven !

Rarity
08-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Yes, it's known as "not doing anything that would attract any undue attention from the local constabulary" while en femme and hence, result in my being pulled over for some perceived traffic infraction. Could make for a very awkward moment...

I understand what you are saying but it's not necessarily what I meant. I've never worried about getting pulled over while en femme.

Joni T
08-03-2014, 08:34 PM
Jon and Joni definitely have different driving habits.
Joni

Genny B
08-03-2014, 08:41 PM
I would like to add with the addition of airbags 10 and 2 are no longer recommended, but 8 and 4 instead.

Genny B

Kate Simmons
08-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Not really Hon. I curse at the other idiots on the road equally in both modes.:battingeyelashes::)

Phillypa
08-03-2014, 08:54 PM
I have only driven once en femme.....certainly a scary proposition but I had my most problem with my heels.....they only lasted a block:-)
Ash

Diane Smith
08-03-2014, 09:36 PM
I try to drive carefully, slowly and by-the-book in all modes of dress. I've never felt comfortable exceeding the speed limit.

- Diane

kimdl93
08-03-2014, 10:44 PM
No, but if it affects you in that way, the rest of us would encourage you to drive en femme!

MissTee
08-03-2014, 11:57 PM
Nope. There is me in guys clothes and me in girl clothes. Aggression level never varies.

Paula_Femme
08-04-2014, 01:01 AM

Nope. There is me in guys clothes and me in girl clothes. Aggression level never varies.

I agree with you both, although I do lighten up on my lead foot for the same reason that Leslie stated; "I" have had WAY too many speeding tickets over the years, but "Paula," not a one!!! :heehee:

The closest I've come to being busted en femme was last year; I was driving back from a club on the freeway in the early hours when all of a sudden then was a "flash" from directly behind me and a voice boomed out, "Black Honda... turn on your lights!" You can bet those lights went on in a heartbeat!!! :eek:

Eryn
08-04-2014, 01:21 AM
I've noticed that other drivers will act somewhat differently when they perceive me as a woman than they do as a man. I'm not going to play any sort of dominance game with them so I tend to drive more conservatively. Let them go get the ticket!

Andrea Payer
08-04-2014, 01:49 AM
when driving en femme i drive slowly and with both hands on the steering wheel. i think that's the appropriate driving style for women and that's exactly how i like it.

Alice_2014_B
08-04-2014, 01:52 AM
I definitely drive more careful in girl-mode because I do not want to get in an accident or pulled over.

Hell on Heels
08-04-2014, 02:55 AM
Hell-o Rarity,
I feel my driving is pretty much the same, I may be a bit more cautious while en-femme.
While I'm more afraid of being pulled over while en-femme, I don't EVER want to get pulled over.
Hell, that could make me late for the party!
Plan ahead, drive carefully, and arrive early. You'll have time to fix your makeup!
Much Love,
Kristyn

Teresa
08-04-2014, 04:06 AM
Rarity I have driven out at night a few times and find I'm far more cautious, I stick to the speed limits and take extra care at junctions, the last thing you want is a minor shunt but serious enough to have to stick around to wait for the police ! Driving in my boots with 4" heels would not go down well in a report !

BOBBI G.
08-04-2014, 04:26 AM
My driving style it pretty much the same as it has always been. I have never, except as a teenager, and that was long ago and far,far away, intentionally sped, except to pass a vehicle interfering with the flow of traffic. And though some may irritate me enough to want to wave at them with a single digit, I try to refrain, as Blood red is not my color, and they may be having a bad day. I have lived to 71 years of age this way and now that I have come out to the world as transgender I am a little more cautious and courteous when on foot.

Bobbi

Marcelle
08-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Hi Rarity,

Can't say I do as I have always been a defensive driver (beat into me by the military). I think a lot of folks here who go out dressed and drive to venues tend to be more cautious in their driving to ensure they don't wind up having a face to face with the local police. My recommendation to all . . . even when "en boy" treat your driving like you are "en femme" and the roads will be a lot safer (IMHO).

Hugs

Isha

Linda E. Woodworth
08-04-2014, 07:32 AM
My driving habits are distinctly different depending on whether I'm in guy or girl mode.

Why? I'm with all those others who don't want to get stopped and explain things to a cop.

Jill_cd
08-04-2014, 07:36 AM
I'm not a very aggressive driver while en drab, but I'm VERY conservative while en femme. I'm a hands on the wheel at the 10 and 2 positions, speed limit abiding, polite and very defensive driving woman.

heellover
08-04-2014, 09:19 AM
I have noticed that I too have very different driving style from male to femme mode.
I tend to fracture the speed limit a little in male mode...but barely get to the speed limit in femme mode.
I drive very relaxed with one hand most of the time in male mode..but in femme mode I am very attentive to the road and surroundings and always drive with two hands on the wheel and my back very rarely touches the seat back.

Melissa_59
08-04-2014, 09:43 AM

Have to agree with Leslie on this one, it would be very awkward in my little West Texas town. I notice that GGs driving around town don't have the same inhibitions as I was almost t-boned the other day by one running a red light and flipping me the bird as I slammed on the brakes and blew the horn to get the dumb ---------------'s attention. Was probably on her cell phone so that was more important...

I'm not blaming GGs on all wrecks in this town though (and so many wrecks recently too), in case someone is thinking that. Most of them are caused by guys in their pickup trucks not paying attention to traffic or the road. I'm just saying that maybe it's only "us" that drive safer when dressed, for stated reasons.

~Mel

Stephanie47
08-04-2014, 11:25 AM
I would think most of us modify our driving habits or at least become more conscious of the rules of the road while en femme. I've been out en femme and do not want to be stopped for a traffic violation or be involved in an accident. I would not want to be wheeled into an emergency room en femme. I think most police officers would interact in a professional manner. However, even if one is given a reminder or warning, the officer has the ability of entering information onto your driving record.

I also do a thorough check of my car. I check the headlights, brake lights, turn signals.

carhill2mn
08-04-2014, 12:36 PM
I am not an overly aggressive driver in male mode but I do get impatient at times. When driving while en femme I am much more patient. I also am careful to observe the traffic laws.

KaceyR
08-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Eh-with me there's really not much difference. I drive aggressively but very level keeping very aware of surroundings. Mainly due to motorcycle training..But I have all my life. Rarely keep at or below speed limits.
I will 'mash it' at times but will let others into my lane ahead of me whe I can tell they're the one with an urgency about them...rather keep them in my view upfront than have them riding my tail.
Been ~25 years since last speeding ticket, 7 years last accident (downtown Detroit drunk baseball game goer rammed me from behind at stoplight when I was on my motorcycle...cops there did nothing to him)
About the only thing I do different driving en femme is keep windows rolled up more... Otherwise makes my hair a mess :)

sometimes_miss
08-04-2014, 01:33 PM
So do you notice a difference in your driving style?
Could also have something to do with how you feel in general while dressed as a girl. Some of us use a lot of self control holding back the desire to crossdress during every day interactions with the world; it's stressful to do that. So being stressed, you might be a bit more quick tempered while in boy mode. Then when you dress as a girl, which feels normal to you, that stress goes away, so you're more relaxed and less aggressive.

AKADonna
08-04-2014, 01:37 PM
I drive the same regardless of dressing mode. But I DID GET PULLED OVER while fully dressed a couple of months ago. I pulled out of my garage fully dressed except for wig and earrings so the neighbors wouldn't suspect anything. Then I pulled into a shopping center parking lot and put on my wig and earrings just before pulling on to the expressway. While accelerating onto the freeway, I was checking out my hair in the mirror and failed to notice a wrecker on the side of the road with a motorist. About 1/2 mile later, there's the blue lights in my mirror and I almost made a mess in my panties! The trooper came up, asked for my license, registration and proof of insurance, which I gave him. He said that I had failed to move to the center lane and slow down for the emergency vehicle - and he was correct. I apologized and he returned to his car to write me up. When he came back, he handed me a warning citation and told me to be careful about those emergency vehicles - and "Have a nice day, Ma'am!" Now, he obviously could tell from my license that I am a guy, but he handled it most professionally - without so much as a smile or a snicker.

Now, I drive far more cautiously in femme mode! I do not wish a repeat as the next Alabama State Trooper may not be quite so nice!

Tina G
08-04-2014, 01:44 PM
I have honestly now the same either way i'm dressed, I stopped caring what others thought if they see anything. I have to be me.

Tina

flatlander_48
08-04-2014, 01:47 PM
I don't think there is much difference as a function of how I am dressed. I'll admit to usually being 5-8 mph over the speed limit unless it is a residential area. I've always had quick cars; not shake-the-ground fast, but quick. Every now and then I'll light up the tires on an expressway on-ramp, but these days I'm more conscious of fuel mileage than I used to be as related to how you drive.

CynthiaD
08-04-2014, 03:40 PM
My natural inclination is to drive like an old lady: ten miles under the speed limit, waiting forever at a stop sign before pulling out, etc., etc., etc. When I'm in male mode I have to consciously force myself to drive more aggressively. But when I'm en femme I say to myself, "It's OK to drive like an old lady, because I am an old lady." I love driving en femme.

reb.femme
08-04-2014, 04:31 PM

Oh you cynic Leslie! :heehee: But a fair shout.
I have to admit to being more aware of myself when driving and it is all down to feeling exposed....if that's the right term.

Rebecca

LRoberts
08-06-2014, 08:02 PM
When in male mode I'm an aggressive driver. No tickets so far! While enfemme I'm much more careful. I still enjoying presenting as female. In the old days they called it "profileing". I enjoy the attention a female gets from other drivers and from pedestrians when driving through the city. I know, crazy right? Anyway, Lisa is very safe driver.

SO1Adam12
08-06-2014, 09:04 PM
I agree with you both, although I do lighten up on my lead foot for the same reason that Leslie stated; "I" have had WAY too many speeding tickets over the years, but "Paula," not a one!!! :heehee:

The closest I've come to being busted en femme was last year; I was driving back from a club on the freeway in the early hours when all of a sudden then was a "flash" from directly behind me and a voice boomed out, "Black Honda... turn on your lights!" You can bet those lights went on in a heartbeat!!! :eek:

I think both of these answers are the most accurate. As a GG who was taught to drive by one of her 5 brothers, I think sometimes many of you over-think/analyze things. Some of the most aggressive and dangerous drivers I see on the road these days are teenage girls and soccer moms driving an SUV filled with kids. I for one can be very aggressive when I'm PMSing, pissed at my SO, my boss or my kids.:) Other times I am "granny in the fast lane" and don't care.

Beverley Sims
08-08-2014, 03:03 AM
Who wants to get caught by the police wearing lipstick. :)

Drive carefully.

Janet Bern
08-08-2014, 01:03 PM
keep thinking you have a dress on when you drive and dont cut people off

BLUE ORCHID
08-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Hi Rarity, You really don't have any inter action with the traffic police so you are being on your best behavior.:daydreaming: