PDA

View Full Version : Slipping Slips .... Is there a remedy?

flicka
01-19-2006, 10:55 PM
I have taken to wearing slips, but am irked by the teeny straps constantly fally down my arms. Any remedies please?

Paula Rae
01-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Crazy Glue,

Seriously I use small safety pins when needed. I always keep a few in my purse for emergency's

Ricky B

Billijo49504
01-19-2006, 11:29 PM
I have the same problem with the straps on cami's. I tuck the strap under my bra strap. But I guess if you don't have a bra on, you could use scotch tape.:)

Angela Burke
01-20-2006, 01:56 AM
There is a "bra strap supporter".
I remember buying one.That was name, I can't remember the maufacturer.
It would certainly hold up your falling slip straps. As it's nothing more than an adjstable piece of knicker elastic, I'm sure you could cannabalise a bra or a suspender belt and come up with something just as good.
It really is annoying having to spend most of the day hiking up your slip straps.

christine55
01-20-2006, 02:20 AM
I used to have this problem alot, both with slips and bras. Properly adjusted the straps don't slip nearly as much. I've found that the straps should be a little tight and both straps exactly the same length. If one is longer it will slip down. Hope this helps someone
Hugs, Christine

Dana
01-20-2006, 02:34 AM
From Bubba's Hardware Store! Two Words! Duck Tape! Don't leave home without it! LOL!:D

sweeting
01-20-2006, 09:16 AM
hi flica i have the same problem shortning the staps helps laurie

DonnaT
01-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Some of us have shoulders that won't hold up straps no matter how well adjusted the straps are.

I use a 3M clear medical tape. Adheres to the skin much better than scotch tape, and is more flexible.

Georgette
01-20-2006, 10:11 AM
I have taken to wearing slips, but am irked by the teeny straps constantly fally down my arms. Any remedies please?

I use (IT STAYS ) it is water solubule and it does work if you are not a perspiree. Hope this helps.
Oh yes you can get this product at any Lingere store.:rolleyes:

flicka
01-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Thanks ladies for the varied suggested remedies - most of which I'd previously tried without success. DonnaT recommendation of Medical Tape sounds just right and I'm sure it will do the job. I can now also wear my flighty nighties without wakening to find the strap ripped off. Bless you all.

mistunderstood
01-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Hello Flicka and welcome to the world of woman hood. When I was wearing dresses with slips this happened alot to me. Now I am a F2m. Good luck on finding the secret to slip straps. If you find it I bet women every were would pay you for it. :)

Julie York
01-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Ooh!..ooh!..ooh! pick me pick me!

How about....sewing a small piece of elastic half way up the shoulder straps (from one to the other) at the back so they pull in slightly.

Damn I'm a genius!!!! Must patent that quickly! "The JY shoulder strap thingy thing."

:thumbsup: