PDA

View Full Version : packing to travel - an observation

PamelaMiller
08-05-2014, 08:14 PM
I noticed something funny/interesting this week.

When I travel for 5 days of business travel, I pack the usual - 2 slacks, 5 shirts, etc. Then I pack all of my femme stuff. I don't filter my femme stuff - I grab it all because I never know what my mood will be. It turns out that I pack much more femme clothing than I do male clothing. But I spend much less time en femme.

I thought that was interesting when I noticed.

Pamela

AnnetteC
08-05-2014, 08:51 PM
I can absolutely see myself doing the same. Women have a lot more choice than guys, and so much more fun with their clothes, right? I wish I had a reason to travel and pack my girly stuff. No such luck.

Maybe some day, I'll attend a Southern Comfort or something, and I just know I'll overpack! :)

BLUE ORCHID
08-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Hi Pamela, That sounds pretty much normal to me.

RADER
08-05-2014, 09:10 PM
A few weeks ago, I went to Springfield Illinois for a convention; I was gone for 4 days.
2 guy slacks, 4 shirts, socks.
Now for girl stuff; 6 pair of panties, 4 bra's 2 skirts, 2 tops, 4 nighties, 1 one piece swim suit,
1 full length dress.
I never left the room dressed, but I had fun in my room.
Fellow convention goers where wondering why I did not spend much time in the Hospitality room.
Rader

grace7777
08-05-2014, 09:15 PM
In the past I had I a tendency to overpack my femme clothes, since I had trouble deciding what I was going to wear on the trip. I had to change my ways though when I started flying an airline with a 40 pound weight limit for a checked bag, and also charged for a carry on bag. Wanting to keep my baggage fees down, I learned to make choices when packing.

On 2 recent I flew pretty and was enfemme the whole trip, so no need to pack male clothes. Now that I am dressing enfemme more often, and finding my feminine style, deciding what to pack is easier.

RenneB
08-05-2014, 09:15 PM
I agree..... packing for drab consists of one pair of pants, a shirt, one pair of shoes, socks and it all fits in a carryon. Packing to get dressed in the "comfy" clothes consists of a full size suit case packed full with several pairs of heels/shoes, forms, pads, etc...
Then a tackle box for makeup and top it all off with an 18 gal tote for misc stuff that couldn't fit into the suitcase. This usually leaves me with a choice of four or five outfits depending on mood and event for the evening.... And that's just for a weekend trip....

Renne......

Rebecca Cross Bracer
08-05-2014, 09:21 PM
It's so easy to over pack on female clothing! The heels, bras, and pantyhose alone can take up more space than my male clothes!

Edyta_C
08-05-2014, 09:23 PM
It would take me an extra case or two to get pretty during a trip. Wig, forms, underwear, nightwear, shoes, and several outfits. You must really decide before going what to wear I guess. My SO always has more luggage than I do unless I'm dressing.

Edy

mechamoose
08-05-2014, 09:37 PM
'Expected' vs 'Want'

It is SO limiting to wear the 'uniform' of one's genetic gender. I just did a series of interviews for a new job, and I had to eff'in cut off my ponytail to do it.

Suit. Tie. Nice haircut. *grumble*

I just want to be ME, dammit. I hate having to to meet other people's expectations in order to be accepted.

(No painted nails, no earrings. Just a wool business suit, white shirt and a tie. *&^%(^$&)

- MM

Julie Denier
08-05-2014, 09:39 PM
I force myself to limit my femme gear when I travel, to keep my luggage weight down, but also to make sure I relax and enjoy being dressed, rather than just spending all night changing outfits ;)

Adriana
08-05-2014, 10:03 PM
I will pack as much as possible when I travel. I pack the usual male clothes for the day meetings...but as soon as I get back to my room it all out fem. I haven't built up the nerve yet to step out of my room in full fem, but I do enjoy walking around in 50% fem clothes (much of if underdressing) :)

kimdl93
08-05-2014, 10:15 PM
I manage a 50:50 balance, only because I am often expected to be male at my destinations. En route, I'm all woman, and my extra suitcase reflects that.

CynthiaD
08-06-2014, 08:48 AM
I pack one suit, two shirts (an extra for backup) and the rest femme stuff. I wear male pants and a sport coat on the plane. One checked bag, and a carry on for the femme stuff that didn't fit. I use a cloth briefcase for the carry on. I don't really need a briefcase because all my stuff is in the cloud.

Jessica S
08-06-2014, 12:02 PM
I used to over pack also. Now I am more like what Julie Denier packs.

Michelle (Oz)
08-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Seems a common 'problem' - minimum drab for business and max femme. I end up with a very large suitcase plus a smaller one (my frequent flyer status is accommodating). Just never know what will feel right at the time.

Paula_56
08-06-2014, 06:09 PM
me too bare minimum for guy stuff, the slacks I am wearing two shirts one pair of pant in the suit case and the rest girl clothes

samantha rogers
08-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Im going to SCC in a few weeks and thinking about flying pretty (pretty sure I will). I am really worried about how to carry enough gear in my bags for the whole week. The worst part is shoes. They take so much space, especially when your feet are as large as mine. I may still ship some things, not for cost but simply to avoid carrying the extra bags...ha ha.

Beverley Sims
08-08-2014, 02:56 AM
I am a minimalist packer and If I leave something out I just have to buy replacements.