PDA

View Full Version : Go West Young (!) Wo(Man)

StephanieC
08-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Well, I've decided to accept the job offer and move from Wisconsin to California...should be there within two weeks. I still have to select a city but I have 4 weeks to do that. (I'm leaning towards Sonoma.)

This appears to be one more step in my journey that I could not have predicted even one year ago.

Should be an adventure.

-stephani

steftoday
08-06-2014, 05:33 PM
beautiful country there. best of luck on your journey.

Cheryl123
08-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Go for it Stephani. It should be a wonderful adventure and I wish you well.

Edyta_C
08-06-2014, 06:59 PM
The weather will seems strange to a Wisconsiner. That maybe the best part of CA.

Edy

AllieSF
08-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Good for you. Let me know if you pick Sonoma. SuzanneF is just a city or two away and I have a friend who lives in Healdsburg. Coming from Wisconsin and assuming that you may just prefer the more milder Winter's, Spring's and Fall's, you will like either place. Sonoma will be a little less hectic than your SoCal option. The downside is the high cost of living and hopefully you will be able to work through that too.

PretzelGirl
08-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Good luck on this leg of your journey Stephanie! I hope you get all the fulfillment and peace that you wish for.

StephanieC
08-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Well, I made it! I'm now a Californian. Well, more exactly, I'm working in Santa Rosa and looking for permanent housing.

A big step for me

-stephani

Kimberly Kael
08-22-2014, 01:31 PM
Welcome to the coast, and good luck in finding housing that suits you. I have a sister-in-law in Rohnert Park just South of you, though we never do get up that way to visit.

Kaitlyn Michele
08-22-2014, 02:55 PM
Congrats on making the decision and doing what you think is right for yourself!!!

Isn't a great feeling to actually feel like you are working on your life in a way that feels right to you?!

Rachel Smith
08-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Glad to hear you had a safe trip. Enjoy yourself, I did when I was there many moons ago in the USAF, though I wasn't in Santa Rosa.

Kimberly Kael
08-24-2014, 02:35 PM
What did you think of your first earthquake? Evidently we saved a big one to celebrate your arrival, which seems to be semi-traditional. Two of the larger quakes we've been through here were within the first day or two after moving into a new home.

AllieSF
08-24-2014, 04:40 PM
Kimberly, I was thinking the same thing this morning. How in such a wonderfully California authentic way has the new resident been welcomed to the State! Now, Stephanie, please do tell us how you enjoyed the special welcome?

Suzanne F
08-25-2014, 09:44 AM
Stephani
Welcome to California. I live in Novato, which is just about 30 minutes south of Santa Rosa. Let me know if there is any way I can help. Once your settled in we can meet Allie in San Francisco and treat you to a special night. You are going to love it here!
Suzanne

Connie D50
08-25-2014, 11:07 AM
I wish you all the luck in the world. And say good bye to wonter how nice is that. Connie

StephanieC
08-29-2014, 08:49 AM
Apparently, I slept through my first earthquake. I got a text from my family in WI asking if I was ok and suggesting I turn on the tv. Clearly, I'm ready for the big one. However, the quake was a topic of conversation for a couple of days.

An update. I'm currently hoteling in Santa Rosa and have an apartment lease pending. I've decided to stay in NoCal

Suzanne F
08-29-2014, 10:37 AM
Stephanie
Welcome to Northern California! When you are ready for an outing in the city let us know. You are going to love it here!
Suzanne

celeste26
08-29-2014, 01:25 PM
Stephanie I grew up in So Cal and slept through innumerable quakes, one does get used to them. But the San Andreas goes right through Santa Rosa and the "big one" is just around the corner...

Carmen
08-29-2014, 01:38 PM
Apparently, I slept through my first earthquake. I got a text from my family in WI asking if I was ok and suggesting I turn on the tv. Clearly, I'm ready for the big one. However, the quake was a topic of conversation for a couple of days.

Welcome to California Stephanie!
Sleeping through your 1st quake...awesome! You already fit right in!

Wish I could be there for your welcome party!
Carmen

StephanieC
10-14-2014, 01:10 AM
I finally have my stuff that was moved from WI and last week was able to sleep in my own bed. I came to CA Aug 19 and had to find temporary lodging until now.

Another step on my journey

Jean 103
10-14-2014, 01:27 AM
Welcome to California, sleeping thru an earth quake - what earth quake? very Californian It is beautiful country up are. I am sure you will happy.