PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for pick me up

cdrachael
08-07-2014, 06:40 AM
Was just wondering I had a really bad day yesterday, seemed to be every where I turned someone wanted money from me. So to resolve this I went down to the shops and purchased a new pair of jeans and two pair of underwear oh and some new winter nighties. 30 dollars later I felt so much better about it. Just wondered how many others enjoyed a shopping trip to feel better.

Tina G
08-07-2014, 06:45 AM
I do but i do a lot of window shopping so i can see what will go with what i have. I do enjoy it thought and it brightens my day.

Tina

Lynn Marie
08-07-2014, 08:39 AM
The "shopping to feel good syndrome" is one of those traps of our modern world that I assiduously avoid. I've recently moved into a small house from a small apartment and I like an open and uncrowded environment. I also live a simple life that feels good pretty much all the time. It even amazes me!

Teresa
08-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Rachel just got back from buying two Tshirts in a sale , funny thing was there was a really old couple in the shop and overhearing what was said the guy was buying a chiffon scarf for himself, the SAs were so sweet with him !!

CynthiaD
08-07-2014, 09:30 AM
I sometimes go shopping to cheer myself up, but I almost never buy anything. Buying stuff doesn't really cheer me up, but looking at stuff does.

Cheryl T
08-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Shopping is of course a high ... if ... I find something that's a bargain and IT FITS!

How often do we shop and find that perfect item only to realize they don't have our size, or worse yet it doesn't even come in our size. Talk about a Buzz kill.

Jodi
08-07-2014, 10:49 AM
That is known as Retail Therapy.

Jodi

Suzanne F
08-07-2014, 10:53 AM
Yes I use shopping to help with my gender dysphoria. It seems to calm me down when I can spend some time focusing on Suzanne's needs. I don't do it as much now since I am able to be out on a regular basis. I think that is how I came to have 15 skirts!
Suzanne

Sarasometimes
08-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Shopping as therapy is not my first choice. I prefer an appointment at a nice salon to get my hair styled (actually my human hair wigs while it's on my head). My first choice is a shampoo and roller set with some nice quiet under the dryer time. A blow out is a close second.
Shopping is therapeutic for me even if I don't buy anything.
I also have regular therapist appointments and a sign they have addresses the cost of retail therapy versus what they have to offer. The one thing they don't really stress is that with shopping, you get to take something real home.

bridget thronton
08-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Shopping is not always buying - but it is nice to buy once in a while

joeb145
08-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Dont all women do this? Have a bad day so they go spend money? I do it once a week!

Laura in NC
08-07-2014, 03:29 PM
I am guilty of retail therapy too. Most often I just window shop (or better put, browse the internet), but every now and then I see a deal to good to pass up. I do make sure I have a budget set aside just for this purpose. Even if I do not buy, it still is therapeutic in a way. Gives me something (else) to look forward to.

Eryn
08-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Retail therapy can be helpful, but, like many therapies, can be taken too far.

As others have said, shopping is not always buying.

I've also found that a cute set of $5 earrings from Charming Charlie's gives me a nice pick-me-up and are a lot easier to store than a new dress or shoes!

Beverley Sims
08-07-2014, 05:42 PM
I have had a similar experience many times.
It is called retail therapy. :)

MissTee
08-07-2014, 06:57 PM
I do. Use to be out of control. Anymore, only the cutest of the cute make it with me to the checkout counter :battingeyelashes:

UNDERDRESSER
08-08-2014, 12:03 AM
That is known as Retail Therapy.

JodiAnd there is nothing better if you can afford it!