PDA

View Full Version : The nightmare/dream became reality

JamieOH
08-07-2014, 02:07 PM
So there is was on sunday night. Slipping into my mint green short nighty with white lace trim. Matching panty. And mint green nails. So cute. Any who. I slip under the covers and fall to sleep.

2:30am I hear my 17yo son yelling something about fire and smoke. And awake to big flames and thick black evil swirling about me. I jump up get the people and dogs out. And there I am. Wearing an entirely too revealing outfit as the firemen arrive. Luckily my work truck keys were in my purse and I had a spare uniform in it. So I slipped into it before the news arrived. But many firemen got a good look at my goodies before hand.

All my clothes are now gone. Though I might be able to salvage my new knee high boots. Not sure. Sigh...

At least my house is getting a makeover. Maybe me next? A girl can dream

jessica2009
08-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Wow, So sorry to hear. that is scary stuff though!, hope everyone is okay and you are able to get some stuff back! if not, a good excuse to go shopping :). Make good of a bad situation haha. anyways hope all is ok!

CynthiaD
08-07-2014, 02:53 PM
That really is a nightmare. It sounds like everyone's OK? Getting out alive is the important thing. You can always buy new stuff.

Laura in NC
08-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Having been through a house fire once so far in my life, I can relate. Lost pretty much everything, and even any items not any where close to the fire, pretty much ruined. The smoke and water damage took everything the fire didn't. Sorry for your loss, but at least everyone made it out.

Beverley Sims
08-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Jamie,
As long as you are okay, new clothes can be bought.

LelaK
08-07-2014, 06:27 PM
What caused the fire? Next time, prevent it.

giuseppina
08-07-2014, 06:55 PM
The fire shouldn't have gone that far before your son came to rouse you. Were all the smoke detectors working? They are the law where I live. Not having functional detectors is punishable by fines and/or jail time.

Now that the sermon is over ;) , I'm glad you got everyone out safely, even if only with the clothes on your back.

Lela, that depends on the fire marshal's (or local equivalent) investigation. Electrical problems, for one, are usually difficult to solve without gutting a building for replacement of the wiring.

kimdl93
08-07-2014, 08:20 PM
You and your loved ones survived. Everything else is dispensable and replaceable. Now you have another excuse to shop!

lingerieLiz
08-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Glad to hear that you are OK. Been there! As would happen it was the night the fire department was having training. Sooo instead of a single truck we had the entire department (small town USA). It wasn't bad and the chief told everyone to get out and quit tracking in. It did relieve me from worrying about be outed. Between neighbors, VFD members, and the curious many saw me with a very fem figure. The good part the fire guys have seen a lot and I don't worry much any more.

Kristine_NEPA
08-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Wow....thats a scary story....glad your ok!

Edyta_C
08-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Wow that sure makes you think! I hope you are able to recover with insurance etc. At least you are all safe. Stuff can be replaced.

Hugs Edy

JamieOH
08-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Insurance is taking care of us pretty good. And we will be back to normal in a few months. In the meantime i just need to keep my head up and remember it could have been worse.

Katey888
08-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Glad to hear that you're OK Jamie - like others have said, while it may be painful losing things of sentimental value, most possessions can be replaced, but you and your family and the dogs are OK which is THE most important thing.. :cheer:

I hope everything gets sorted quickly for you.. :)

Katey x

Renee Elise
08-08-2014, 12:45 PM
Wow that really is a nightmare scenario...glad you're all OK.

~Renee

Pat
08-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Wow! So sorry to hear about your stuff but glad everyone seems to be OK.

Persephone
08-08-2014, 05:09 PM
So sorry to hear what happened, Jamie! Very glad you and yours are O.K.

Hugs,
Persephone.

BLUE ORCHID
08-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Hi Jamie, I'm never going to bed dressed ever again.

Krisi
08-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Sorry to heat about this.

This is a good reminder to us all that the unexpected can and does happen. Not often but it can happen.

Eringirl
08-09-2014, 08:38 AM
Wow! Soon sorry that this happened. Just glad everyone is fine. Take care of you!!

Hugs,

Erin

AnneC
08-09-2014, 09:11 AM
Very sorry for your problems. But you sound like you are taking it as best you can.

JamieOH
08-09-2014, 09:56 AM
I keep telling my wife that even though we did lose some precious items like videos of dusty as a little kid. We are alive. And we are getting a brand new house out of it. One that we get to design. So it isn't all bad.