PDA

View Full Version : (Re)Discovering Bra

LeslieSD
08-07-2014, 04:08 PM
As all of you who has gone out dressed, we all realize that women's cloth are very different from men's functional wise. It usually stays closer to your body, and there are not much pocket space to hold stuff. That is one of the reason women are so much into the handbags. The handbags are very helpful and it holds so much stuff (you will be amazed what women carried in their bags with them all the time). In male mode, every morning I just put on my sweater and jeans (from the day before), and I am ready because I am pretty sure all my essentials are in my pocket (wallet and keys). In female mode, I will have to do the checklist every time I walked out of the door. So much difference.

Anyway, as some of you may know, I have been walking my dog dressed recently. I have been trying to duplicate a casual look (shorts, tank tops) as everyday women would do. As most women don't carry their hangbags when they walk their dogs, I have been trying the same. But every time I was in the park, I really got a handful: there is car keys, phone, sun glasses, hat, dog leash, and poop bags. Oh, as CDs we have to carry our ultimate tool: camera. Not just a camera, but a camera with a little grabby base (I don't know how it is called) that can be set on stuff for the obligatory selfies.

As some one who is constantly looking for improvement, I have been trying to find a way to make life easier. A few tries here and there, and pretty soon a light bulb went on on me. It is the bra! Why not, there isn't much other options. Women do it all the time. And as a CD, I have even more advantage, because I have much more storage space there. :-) With a little practice, I can fit keys and phones there easily. So all I need to worry about these days is the camera. Oh, and my dog occasionally.

Crossdressing is really a game between your ears, isn't it?

ArleneRaquel
08-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Leslie,
Thank you for a great post. All of us who love to CD, in my case I dress as a lady 24/7, know your feeling. I love your take on a bra's extra uses. But I, for one, won't did it. but it is a idea that needs a little thought.

Good Luck & Best Wishes.

hope springs
08-07-2014, 04:21 PM
My wife uses her bra almost as a second purse. She is a G cup and so has lots of material to work with. Its very entertaining once her bra comes off because all sorts of stuff falls to the floor she forgot was in there.

AllieSF
08-07-2014, 04:26 PM
I regularly carry my cell phone tucked between my pocket bra (forms in the pocket) and my natural chest. If I am not expecting any phone calls or text messages, then it is in my purse, otherwise it works great and I never miss a call and the vibration .... well its a nice vibration!

Eryn
08-07-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm only a 38B, so there isn't a lot of extra room in there. Very occasionally I'll stick my phone in there if I don't have anywhere else for it and I need my hands free.

My solution in both modes is to carry a medium sized shoulder bag. It's big enough for wallet, phone, and any other reasonable-size object I want to carry. It normally stays on my shoulder, but can go cross-body if I do something more active. My male-mode purse is khaki ballistic nylon, built like a small messenger bag. My female mode purses are somewhat more creative in color and style.

karenj79
08-07-2014, 04:54 PM
You might try a small fanny pack buckles around your waist and easily accessible

Andrea Payer
08-07-2014, 05:18 PM
this reminds me of these old cloak and dagger movies where the lady hides an important message between her breasts

Beverley Sims
08-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Okay as long as no one feels you up. :)
One lumpy breast.

CynthiaD
08-07-2014, 07:58 PM
I carry all sorts of stuff in my bra when I'm not carrying my purse. I like to carry my keys that way when I go for bike-rides en femme. I wear a sports bra which leaves a lot of space between the forms.

lingerieLiz
08-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Since I don't wear forms, I seldom use my bra as a storage area. My wife has hid money in hers and occasionally I used mine for a key. I carry my phone when I walk as do most of the women I walk with. Don't know of any women carrying cameras on our walks.

Sometimes Steffi
08-07-2014, 09:44 PM
In male mode, I've almost reached the limits of my pockets:

Right Front: Keys and pocket change
Right rear Wallet
Left front Spare keys, hearing aid supplies, chap stick and a tailor's tape measure in case a shopping trip appears
Left rear Handkerchief
Shirt pocket Pens, notepad.
Clipped to my belt Cell phone

En femme, I usually carry a small shoulder bag / cross body bag.

Almost all of these things come with me en femme, except lipstick replaces chap stick, tissues instead of handkerchief, and spare keys stay behind. No use in having keys and spare keys in the same handbag. Plus I add all the other feminine accouterments: Make-up bag, hair clips, hair brush/comb, mirror, girl cards, etc.

Have you thought of women's "cargo pants"?

Lauren Richards
08-08-2014, 12:19 AM
Ummm.. trying to fit your dog in your bra has got to be quite the feat! May need to step it up a size or two...

Lauren

bridget thronton
08-08-2014, 12:34 AM
You donot want to carry your phone there too often - there are documented cancer event in girls who regularly do this for several hours each day.

chris80
08-08-2014, 12:47 AM
Only last week my wife lost her house keys. After an hour of searching the handbag, the car and drive and returning to a house she had been visiting, guess where she found the keys.

LeslieSD
08-08-2014, 02:23 PM
You donot want to carry your phone there too often - there are documented cancer event in girls who regularly do this for several hours each day.

I'd worry about the health impact when I get to that level of dressing time. :-)

mariehart
08-08-2014, 03:00 PM
I'm wearing a summer dress now which has very sensibly got pockets in which you can place a phone or a purse or whatever. It's rare to ever see that. Even in man mode I carry a lot of stuff and I really need a handbag.

JohnH
08-08-2014, 05:11 PM
I also carry a cross body bag all the time except when I walk the dog, even when I am in a sort of male mode (men's clothes but with my shoulder length hair, light makeup, and my natural breasts). The only things I carry in my pants pocket are my keys and handkerchief.

I have not gotten into the habit of using my "chest bank" - i.e., stuffing things into my bra.

I got sick and tired of picking up my pants in the morning and having things fall out of them. The last straw was when I washed and ruined my cell phone that was in a pants pocket.

Johanna Anna

Dianne S
08-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Huh... I've never used my bra as a purse. In guy mode I carry a small knapsack and in gal mode, I carry a purse. I generally have too much stuff to fit unobtrusively into a bra anyway.

Persephone
08-08-2014, 05:30 PM
I really got a handful: there is car keys, phone, sun glasses, hat, dog leash, and poop bags. Oh, as CDs we have to carry our ultimate tool: camera. Not just a camera, but a camera with a little grabby base (I don't know how it is called) that can be set on stuff for the obligatory selfies.

Check out the other women walking/running on your route and see what they're doing with their miscellaneous items.

Putting stuff like keys in your bra can be very uncomfortable! I generally use a fanny pack when running. But, if you don't like that, then maybe try the following.

Your keys can go on a little dangled bracelet

Sunglasses on your head or slipped into the neckline of your top, not only holds glasses but accents your breasts.

Hat on head or clipped to your waistband - if you wear a belt it can run through the back of something like a baseball cap..

Dog on leash.

Poop bags on belt/waistband.

Camera in pouch clipped to waist, in pocket or in bra.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Sarah M
08-08-2014, 06:23 PM
I carry my cellphone in my bra I got a call an my left boob went to ringing :D

CherylAnne
08-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Thanks to a generous and loving wife, I wear nothing but designer cross body bags all the time. Bruce Makowski, Coach, Kathy Van Zealand. always have everything I need, and if nothing else, in boy mode, a guy wearing a designer bag is a great conversation starter.

BLUE ORCHID
08-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Hi Leslie, I often see women pull a small coin purse or a cell phone up out of there.

HelenR2
08-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Sorry but there has never, ever, been a proven case of someone developing cancer through carrying a cellphone in their bra. You are more likely to die by a malfunction in a Star Trek transporter.

Annaliese
08-20-2014, 04:24 PM
This morning I saw a add for a sport bra, with pockets, it is made in Utah, it was on the Kutv station in Salt lake if you went to there site they would have contact info, it was on the morning new show http://kutv.com/news/features/guests/stories/vid_2931.shtml http://www.swoob.com/

ReneeTX
08-20-2014, 06:05 PM
Sorry but there has never, ever, been a proven case of someone developing cancer through carrying a cellphone in their bra. You are more likely to die by a malfunction in a Star Trek transporter.

It hasn't been proven, but then there haven't been any true studies either. I would rather err on the side of caution...

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/news/expertvoices/post/2014/05/13/cell-phones-bras-and-breast-cancer-risk.aspx

Claire Cook
08-21-2014, 05:49 AM
I'd go with Persephone's suggestions and maybe use a small tote bag. Girls with real boobs can stuff stuff in there if they like, but I'd worry about chafing my forms (maybe a loose bra would help?). And putting a cell phone in there doesn't sound very comfortable!

I regularly carry my cell phone tucked between my pocket bra (forms in the pocket) and my natural chest. If I am not expecting any phone calls or text messages, then it is in my purse, otherwise it works great and I never miss a call and the vibration .... well its a nice vibration!

... and that's a new take on "getting a buzz"!!

Krisi
08-21-2014, 07:57 AM
My wife used to carry her cell phone in her bra but she got hot and sweated and ruined the cell phone so she doesn't do it any more. If your breasts are silicone, you don't have to worry about this.

I think a small purse or fanny pack is more practical.

JohnH
08-21-2014, 08:19 AM
I have posted on this thread. However, there are denim skirts that have pockets. The ones I have even have watch pockets on the right. When I go out in the morning to walk the dog I wear a denim skirt with pockets. I don't take my cell phone but I put poop bags in one of my back pockets, and keys and handkerchief in a front pocket.

Johanna Anna

Joeleen
08-21-2014, 08:35 AM
Last night I was at Ihop having dinner fully dressed and when I got up to pay I reached in my pocket to get my money and the waitress told me I should put my cash in my bra. she said a lot of women do and if I was going to play the part I should play it all the way. She was very nice and accepting.

Linda E. Woodworth
08-21-2014, 08:49 AM
In all the years I've been married, 32 and counting, I have never seen my wife stuff "anything" in her bra. If she is doing something athletic she'll switch to a smaller purse or even a fanny pack.

I think you may need to rethink everything you're carrying. Do you really need to be holding your phone in your hand all the time? Keys can go on a wrist band as Persephone suggested. I've seen dispenses for "poop" bags that attach to a dog leash. I think you can lighten the load without having to resort to other locations.

phylis anne
08-24-2014, 05:20 PM
Hmmm Might get interesting if yo put your phone in your bra , zi can imagine the looks one would get seemingly talking to their breast ,sorry everyone but it has been a long work day and this thread kinda hit me funny phylis

Laura Collette
08-24-2014, 08:05 PM
A black friend of ours once told us that she keeps her money in her bra when going home after dark. She called her bra "the First National Bank of Africa" -- we thought that was the funniest thing and still remember it.

Paulette
08-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Be careful if you work up a sweat your phone will be ruined and it is just the same as dropping it in a puddle.

Judith96a
08-25-2014, 12:27 PM

Sorry Helen, but it's a microwave radio transmitter whose power increases the further it is from the nearest base station! I don't care whether it's been proven or not, I'm keeping that thing as far out of range of my ticker as I practically can. So my mobile is deformed NOT going into my bra!

HelenR2
08-26-2014, 06:44 AM
Perhaps I may suggest a happy, (happier?), medium. By all means keep your cellphone close to you but take it out when making a call.