PDA

View Full Version : Southern Decadence

MissTee
08-07-2014, 11:06 PM
Labor Day weekend brings the Southern Decadence Festival (LGTB) to New Orleans. Wife and I will be staying in our New Orleans place that weekend, and were thinking about checking it out. Anyone ever been to it?

PaulaQ
08-07-2014, 11:38 PM
Yeah, I've been before. It was 14 years ago, and quite by accident. We went to New Orleans over the Labor Day weekend, we had no idea there was an event in town. I just wanted some vacation time away from my job, and we'd picked New Orleans for our get away.

So at the time, I wasn't CDing, I was in denial over my gender. We were just a couple of straight folks surrounded by all these queer people. It was a totally different experience than we'd ever had. It really was a lot of fun though. You can have some crazy fun there. Gay people, drag queens, lesbians, BDSM practitioners, leathermen, bears, CDs, trans*.

For the weekend my wife and I were in the minority. It was eye opening, to say the least.

I'll go back again someday. The next time I go back, I guess I won't be in the minority when I return.

Anyway, you'll have fun.

Beverley Sims
08-08-2014, 02:23 AM
I have heard it can be "verrry interesting". :)