PDA

View Full Version : Bra marks

monica.nice
08-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Hi

I have a doctors appointment next week and may have to undress. I was planning on going there in drab. But was planning on dressing earlier in the day. Any idea as to how long it may take for the bra lines to disappear from your body. Just did not want to bring attention to unrelated things during the visit. Or best way is not to drees at all before the appointment.

Monica

Stephanie Michelle
08-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Depends how tight the straps are. Fo r myself, it can take several hours. Is okay it safe and not do a bra before if your are worried about bra marks

Beverley Sims
08-08-2014, 12:47 PM
If you are twenty or so the marks should disappear in about two hours.
If you are older say forty, then allow about three hours.
If you have been wearing a bra for a number of years you may have indents on your shoulders that are permanent.

Chari
08-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Sometimes your weight can also effect the bra strap impression. Although the Doctor probably has "seen it all", it is best to NOT wear a bra for 24 hours - just to be certain you don't create other "medical issues". Enjoy.

CynthiaD
08-08-2014, 01:04 PM
I have some more-or-less permanent bra marks. Bra marks of any kind won't cause any issues, so don't worry about it.

texasm31
08-08-2014, 01:56 PM
How long the marks last also depends on how hydrated you are. More hydrated and they will disappear faster.

Teresa
08-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Monica it depends if your doctor knows about you CDing ! Besides you could say you're in play and its part of your costume !

Ashley Wray
08-08-2014, 02:03 PM
Monica,

I really wouldn't worry these Doctors see all kinds of stuff much less worried about Bra marks. If all he's concentrating on is your bra marks you may need a new Doctor or hey maybe you'll get a date Ha Ha

I mean these guys stick their fingers in Butt's and look at nasty rashes, probably wont even notice :)

Daryl
08-08-2014, 02:19 PM
I've got one coming up in a couple weeks. I'll just leave mine off that morning after my shower. The nurse will pull
up my tee shirt though for an EKG. If there any marks there sobeit. I've done the samething before and nothing was
said. I will have my panties on though.

Candice Mae
08-08-2014, 02:58 PM
please get a correctly sized bra and loosen your straps, I wear a bra all day and any trace that I was wearing one is usually gone by the time I'm out of the shower.

Sarasometimes
08-08-2014, 03:43 PM
What they all said is true. hydration, how tight it is, your age...All effect it. You could always do a test. Wear your bra, take it off and time till the marks are gone. I would just skip the AM dressing if it worries you. Docs see it all, but why distract from the goal at hand. Hope the appt. goes well.

MissTee
08-08-2014, 06:42 PM
A timely thread as I faced this dilemma this morning. The night before a visit I usually don't wear one because it leaves bra tracks that seem to last the better part of a half day or so. Last night I forgot and wore one to bed. Upon awakening I realized what I had done and that I had an early appointment with a new dermatologist. I undressed and checked for bra tracks. Yep.

Showered, readied myself and before dressing checked again. Bra tracks.

As I suspected, I had to take of my shirt for the checkup. The doc was a mid-30ish (and quite attractive) young lady. Very professional. No way could she have missed the tracks as she did a very thorough exam. Plus, she's a girl and girl's know bra tracks, right?

So, I'm thinking with the shaved legs and bra tracks she's got this figured out. But, wait, there's more! I had used an electric shaver to shave my armpits a few weeks back and had a nasty little rash. She noticed, and she recommended how I could shave without causing that and gave me a prescription to clear it up. Sweet!

Never a word about the bra tracks, or even an expression to indicate she cared. I love my new dermatologist.

BLUE ORCHID
08-08-2014, 08:41 PM
Hi Monica, go ahead and don't worry about it , it will give the Doctor some to talk about at dinner that Evening.

Monica, the bra marks are your badge of courage.:daydreaming:

Tracii G
08-08-2014, 08:49 PM
If you are afraid of being found out by the Dr then don't wear a bra all day before the appointment.
Sounds like you want to be outed.Am I right?

Desirae
08-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Mine usually go away within a half hour or so. Definitely within an hour. And that's after being in it all day. To me, it sounds like you're wearing too tight of a bra.

Sissy_Michelle
08-09-2014, 01:08 AM
Monica,
Unless you want them to find out don't wear the bra. The strap marks will last longer than you think. Unless you're doing some physical exercise before the appointment. Just count on the marks being there, or don't wear the bra.

@--}-----

Krisi
08-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Have you worn a bra before? How long did it take the marks to go away that time? It will be about the same next week.

It really depends on how long you wear the bra, how tight the straps are, and your own body and skin. If it bothers you, don't wear a bra the day of the appointment.

andreanna
08-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Well, you have a week to find out. Wear one for a day. then time how long it does take,

susan54
08-09-2014, 05:01 PM
I spend a LOT of time in an underwired bra. The problem is not so much the strap marks as the line on the breast - it persists even after a week with no bra. Not prepared to test no bra for longer than that!

Stephanie47
08-09-2014, 05:12 PM
I'd suck it up and forget wearing the bra if you're concerned about outing yourself. Sure the doctor may have seen it all, but, that does not negate you feeling uncomfortable outing yourself.

When I was a teenager I had a medical appointment for a job with United Parcel Service. I had spent the morning wearing my mother's pull on girdle. I was horrified when I took it off. Every seem of the garment was shown. I was petrified the doctor would see those marks. I really don't remember whether all the marks disappeared. This was in the 1960's, when cross dressers and gays/lesbians were not well received.

devida
08-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Your doctor will pay no attention and even if he or she does nothing will be mentioned. It would actually be unethical for the doctor to mention anything unless you brought up the subject of being transgender. Believe me no doctor wants to be anywhere close to an issue that is not directly related to your medical condition especially one that might have anything to do with civil rights.

I saw my cardiologist a couple of months ago. It is not relevant to him that I am trans. His nurse gave me an EKG. I shave my chest and I have bra marks and strap marks from the shapewear body suits I wear. I could see his nurse saw this. She, of course, did not mention anything and was entirely professional.

Really, what could she have said? Stop yourself when you start to worry about things like this. Your coworkers, your family members and other people might care about you wearing a bra. Your doctor does not.

sometimes_miss
08-10-2014, 02:37 AM
I mean these guys stick their fingers in Butt's and look at nasty rashes, probably wont even notice :)
Don't kid yourself. Doctors are trained to notice EVERYTHING. That's their job.

Monica, just do the right thing. You can go without a bra for a day. Overnight any overt signs it was ever there will be gone (other than, say, a suntan line anyway). I always look at it as boy clothes are my work uniform; no different really from millions of other people who have to wear special outfits for their job. So I just go to doctor's visits in my uniform from work.

Of course, if you intend on wearing panties anyway, then whether or not you're wearing a bra really won't matter.

amander-
08-10-2014, 04:11 AM
Hi there monica
If i was you i wood be a man and not dressup un till you have been to the dr. and then he will not see the lines. By the way i am a full women

Kate Simmons
08-10-2014, 06:10 AM
A lot of times I will wear a bra to bed the night before an appointment. There may be bra marks on my chest and back when I get there for the exam. Do I care? Not really as my Dr. knows I CD anyway. :battingeyelashes::)

Teresa
08-10-2014, 06:40 AM
Kate you have the simple answer tell your GP ! My more recent doctor had to go back through my old notes and asked about my Prozac medication, it was quite funny when I told him about my CDing, his mouth opened and closed like a goldfish but no words came out ! So now I don't have to worry about bra marks or shaved legs. He wants me to go back for an update so I might take my avatar picture with me to show what he's dealing with !!

jeanine38
08-12-2014, 07:31 PM
I've had bra marks of a different sort. I am an active cyclist and runner and I wear a sportsbra under my shirts and cycling jerseys. By the middle of each summer I get tan lines from my bras. They are faint, but 8 hours in the sun on a bike every weekend takes its toll. No one has ever said anything, but the lines are there!

lingerieLiz
08-12-2014, 09:49 PM
And the answer is! Playboy used to tell their playmates not to wear a bra from when they got up until they had their photo shoot. Now they don't worry they photoshop everything. I wouldn't wear one after bedtime the night before. If you do you won't be the first time they have seen bra marks on a guy. Mine has suggested things that I could do to give me even more of a fem appearance. Although not bad, I have permanent bra lines from 50 years of wear. We were talking about fat one day and I said I would like to move what little I have up. She responded what size would you like to be.