PDA

View Full Version : Misery Loves Company

LelaK
08-09-2014, 01:22 AM
Not to share misery with company, but to have company while in misery.

My misery ain't that bad. Just moved to the Bay area, but not finding a suitable place to live yet (Don't have a car either). Haven't even been in the mood to dress yet. Lucky I have net access though. Been staying in touch here at least. I'm counting my blessings, and also my cursings. That's more holistic. Right? Oh, I almost forgot, I have a migraine too.

Marcelle
08-09-2014, 04:36 AM
Hi Lela,

Sorry to hear about your domicile issues. Hopefully something will present itself soon and you will have a place to explore Lela again . . . I feel your pain with migraines (long time sufferer).

Hugs

Isha

Eringirl
08-09-2014, 08:03 AM
Hi Leia: ya, it can be tough to fit a place in San Fran. I am sure you will find something soon though! Migraines do suck, as I am like Aisha, long time sufferer.

Erin

Melissa18
08-09-2014, 09:16 AM
Hi Lela,
Goods luck with the house hunting.
I know your pain, also a life long suferer of migraine ,had a woozy yesterday!
Adelaide

Beverley Sims
08-09-2014, 12:35 PM
I feel for you lela,
I do not suffer from headaches, about one a year and If I have one I become concerned.
The bay area can be lonely like any new area without friends.
It should come together after a while.

CynthiaD
08-09-2014, 01:10 PM
I used to get migraines from time to time when I was younger, but I haven't had one in a long time. I think that they're the closest thing to hell. Hope you're feeling better.

Jodi
08-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Lela, I just read an article stating that the San Fran area is one of the most expensive places in the world for housing.

Good \luck.

Jodi

Desirae
08-09-2014, 09:55 PM
Hopefully, the place to live thing and the car thing resolve themselves quickly. As for the migraine, I used to get a lot of headaches. Not sure if they were migraines really, but they were really bad, at least to me, and oftentimes I had to lay down when I got them and go to sleep to get any relief. Anyways, I don't get them anymore (knock on wood) and what ended up working for me, and it was entirely accidental, was that I stopped eating beef. I changed my diet and cut out about 99% of the beef from my diet. Now, I only eat beef about 3 or 4 times per year. I haven't had any headaches in about 8 years and it 100% coincides with when I changed my diet and stopped eating beef. Just some food for thought.

LelaK
08-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Thanks, everyone, for commiserating and caring. Desirae, thanks for the remedy idea, though it doesn't apply to me, since I haven't eaten beef since 1973. Regular beef is said to have lots of toxins from antibiotics and other drugs etc, so organic beef may not cause headaches. I think my periodic headaches started a bit over 20 years ago, when I first started using computers. If I find a cure, I'll try to pass it on. I found online suggestions for these herbs and nutrients: butterbur, feverfew, Mg, CoQ10. Water is also mentioned, but I've been drinking a lot of water for several years.

I'll also try to get back here with any news if and when I get settled in somewhere. That would be the happy ending to this thread.

LelaK
08-11-2014, 11:36 PM
Things are looking up, I believe. I just met someone who's trying to help me find a good cheap place to stay here in or near Silicon Valley. It turned out he/she is a crossdresser, so we even discussed attending a local CD group together some time. Lucky her, she has an accepting wife too.