PDA

View Full Version : How much fun?

Kate Simmons
08-10-2014, 04:00 AM
Seriously, how much fun do you have when you make the effort to go out en femme and what do you do? My main thing is getting dressed up nice, going to the local LGBT club and dancing, usually all night. I have also performed en femme at times and it's fantastic. It really gives me freedom of expression. For myself it makes little sense to make the effort unless I'm going to have fin with it and have a good time. Life is just too short to go around being serious or stressed all the time. So, how do you have a good time and fun with your CDing?

mariehart
08-10-2014, 06:58 AM
That's what I would like to do. Go out and dance and have fun. It's not an option at the moment but I think it's something I'll have to try soon.

Jillian Faith
08-10-2014, 07:55 AM
I'm not the club scene kind of girl. I prefer to dress and go shopping with my SO or another GF, do lunch or coffee with some girl talk and then do more shopping.

kimdl93
08-10-2014, 08:09 AM
Not much of a club person either....really not at all. I'm fairly reserved, in fact. I am happy just shedding the male facade and experiencing things I'd enjoy anyway, like a cup of coffee on the patio, dining in a nice restaurant, cooking a holiday meal, or walking the dogs. For real excitement, I enjoy visiting museums or historic sites.

CynthiaD
08-10-2014, 08:32 AM
I seldom go out at night, but I absolutely love shopping en femme.

Beverley Sims
08-10-2014, 10:48 AM
I go out with an open mind and ride along with the mood of the evening.
I make my own amusement and usually enjoy myself.

Jenniferathome
08-10-2014, 10:57 AM
... I am happy just shedding the male facade and experiencing things I'd enjoy anyway, like ....

Kim hit it. I don't become a different person. The only thing I can't do while dressed that I love to do is bike riding. Makeup just won't hold up and I'd sweat out my wig!

Persephone
08-10-2014, 01:25 PM
This first ten days of the month I've ...

Gone to the Steve Allen Theater in Hollywood with my spouse, Eryn, Mimi, my son and his girlfriend, and a cousin who is our houseguest at the moment. Afterwards we went out for dessert at the House of Pies.

The next evening my spouse and I went to the Cheesecake factory with two GG friends. Lots of conversation and giggles.

This past Sunday it was off to a matinee concert at the Disney Hall with my spouse, my son and his girlfriend, our guest, Eryn and Mimi. One of our friends was performing and afterwards, he and two of the women from the choir joined us for a light dinner at Philippe's, a Los Angeles landmark restaurant.

Since it was still daytime, after the performers left, the rest of us walked around the area, looking at the WPA mural inside the Terminal Annex Post Office and then Union Station. My son and his girlfriend headed off and the rest of us went out for dessert.

A couple of days later it was Trivia at the gastropub with my spouse and several others. We have lots of friends on other teams so there is always a lot of greetings, hugs, and conversation.

Two nights later was the monthly dinner meeting of one of my women's groups, about thirty of us (29 GG's and me!) get together for dinner and conversation.

The next day was a doctor's appointment (she's sending my for my first "routine" mamogram!) that was in Eryn's neighborhood so we had lunch with Eryn and Mimi.

Last night my spouse and I had dinner with one of our GG friends at a vegan restaurant, followed by dessert at Menchie's. Our GG friend has a new boyfriend so we got to hear all about him. As we were finishing up, my son texted to see if we'd like to join him and his girlfriend for a 3-D IMAX showing of Guardians of the Galaxy so we said goodbye to our friend and raced across the valley (about 14 miles) to meet them at the theater. Really liked the movie!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Cheryl T
08-12-2014, 02:46 PM
I just dress and do anything. It's all fun to me, whether I'm doing laundry, dishes, shopping or whatever.
I'm just happy to be expressing the real me.

suchacutie
08-12-2014, 03:50 PM
Seriously, this has been the problem with Tina. We still don't understand her, or how she will nor how she will respond. She really is a free spirit and generally prefers quiet dinners or formal events such as symphony concerts or opera. No one in these venues would have the nerve to be anything but polite.

Dianne S
08-12-2014, 03:57 PM
I'm pretty boring... mostly when I dress up, I do ordinary things like go to the mall, go for coffee, go out for a meal or go for a walk. I have gone dancing once en femme and really loved it. I hope to do that again sometime soon.

Emi_
08-12-2014, 04:06 PM
I can't really say that I am having fun when I'm dressing. I dress this way because it fulfills a specific need in me and because it is my preferred expression of myself. Sure, there is fun in wearing nice things, but the point is to be the best me I can be - that is the real fun part - I could be sorting broccoli for all I care as long as I am being genuine about myself.

sometimes_miss
08-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Seriously, how much fun do you have when you make the effort to go out en femme and what do you do? <snip> Life is just too short to go around being serious or stressed all the time. So, how do you have a good time and fun with your CDing?
For me, it's not about fun. It's about feeling normal. The fun I have while crossdressed isn't connected to what I'm wearing; it's about the activity such as my computer games or watching good movies, or even building a new computer with the latest, greatest parts and seeing how far I can overclock it, then sit back and let it help search for ET or fold proteins, knowing I'm helping someone, somewhere while having fun at the same time, watching the lights glow and blink, and hearing the subtle whirring of the fans.

jjjjohanne
08-13-2014, 06:37 AM
Historically, my going en femme means going to another town and going shopping while dressed. That gets boring pretty quickly. I like meeting people. There were some times I have attended meetings that were non-CD related while dressed. That was OK because I was getting to meet people. I did some volunteering while dressed, that was pretty good. Being dressed while flying one time made it more fun (and more stressful) than flying en drab! I think that I would have fun while dressed doing the same things I have fun doing while en drab.

Kris Avery
08-13-2014, 09:22 AM
I can't really say that I am having fun when I'm dressing. I dress this way because it fulfills a specific need in me and because it is my preferred expression of myself. Sure, there is fun in wearing nice things, but the point is to be the best me I can be - that is the real fun part - I could be sorting broccoli for all I care as long as I am being genuine about myself.

This totally hit home for me. It doesn't matter what I'm doing. It's a feeling of being completely at peace that brings me so much joy.

Princess Chantal
08-13-2014, 10:11 AM
I'd say most often my dressing up fun is to socialize with friends or to experience something that may be cool to do enfemme with my partner. There are rare occasions where I'd venture out with the goal strictly being a solo outing in which I believe the most recent venture of this sort was my walk around the town of Annapolis Royal last summer. Sometimes I may go out for a coffee after a fun socializing outing just to wind the joy down a touch.
I notice that most fun adventures tend to satisfy my want to physically crossdress for a longer period of time than the less fun that was had. My vintage dressed outings seem to be the most successful in giving the fun that is so satisfying, especially when it includes socializing with friends.