PDA

View Full Version : What does the public see???

deebra
08-12-2014, 08:08 AM
When I dress to run errands such as WalMart, Mall, etc. I wear panties, bra, hose, boots with a 3 inch heel that tapers down to about one and one half inches wide (not stiletto) and long boot cut girl jeans that cover just about all of the boot. Also a light jacket to cover the bra straps. Before leaving when I look in the mirror I am very pleased with the feminine look I see. So as I run my errands do certain eyes "out" me or does everybody have blinders on and only see what they are there for. On this forum I have seen it expressed both ways, some never miss a thing and others couldn't see an elephant coming at them ????????

Wildaboutheels
08-12-2014, 08:20 AM
Wittle kids - waist high and shorter - always notice heels and will almost always share their "find" with their parents.

JD public likely won't notice and/or won't care as long as you don't skulk around with your head on a swivel looking like you just robbed a bank.

The way to "pass"? Act normal and treat people right.

Not surprisingly, it's the same formula to "pass" when dressed and "presenting" as a male.

celeste26
08-12-2014, 08:20 AM
90% of people are just into their own thing and just wont notice. "Blending in" is making your look not much different than anyone else so it takes more effort to detect those minor differences. Its never so much that people cant tell, just wont bother to spend the effort to tell for sure. Its the kids who do notice mostly.

noeleena
08-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Hi,

Wild about heels

Oh Dear,

So Joe Blow, likley wont notice and wont care,,,,okay...that will depend on who said person is, i,d agree for many here youd be right, yeap you know whats coming next ,and youll know what ill say . im the case in point, oh and by the way dont come out with me then because theyll pot you and ignore me , now if im on my own who is not looking at me .

This feminine look oh yes, i must remember that , oh yea , it ant going to happen ,as it is i look better in uniform funny that as iv been told , now thinking about that a bit more id be better in our NZ Navy uniform come to think of it, and it lends itself far better to my body shape , being female , very smart too.

...noeleena...

Katey888
08-12-2014, 09:31 AM
I think a few people are observant... those - like us but probably for different reasons - who take an interest in people may notice...

Most sheeple see the woolly butt of the sheeple in front and little else - generally, society today emphasises selfishness and so most are too wrapped up in themselves until the elephant actually hits.. :)

I have some autumn boots with a small block heel I am dying to get out after summer, so I'll let you know... ;)

Katey x

Kate Simmons
08-12-2014, 10:05 AM
Basically people see what they want to see Hon. :)

Sarah Doepner
08-12-2014, 10:56 AM
There are, what, around 6 billion people on the planet? Maybe a few thousand have seen me out presenting as female. Of those, 90 percent blended me into the background or didn't care. So overall, why am I still worried about the .00000001% of the world who may see me as a guy wearing a skirt? I guess I'm worried that the 1% of that final number finds some irrational threat in my existence. Or maybe I'm just concerned that it will put me in a position where I can't defend or explain what and why I'm out. I'm hoping it's not the latter. But as Kate says, they will see what they want to see. And they will interpret it how they want, not how you want them to.

CynthiaD
08-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Most people won't notice, those that do most likely won't care. Those that do care won't do much more than give you a dirty look. Remember that the people you encounter are pretty much the same as you. Of the last 100 random people you encountered, how many do you even remember?

sometimes_miss
08-12-2014, 04:51 PM
some never miss a thing and others couldn't see an elephant coming at them ????????
It's not whether people see it or not; they all see it. It's whether or not they feel it necessary to comment on it TO YOU. Many don't really care what you do, as long as you don't involve them in it. More DO care, but are polite enough not to say anything. It's only about maybe what, 1% that feel strongly against any gender transgressions that open their mouths about it or actually physically attack us.

Emi_
08-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Does it matter? I mean, we're going to do what we're going to do regardless of what others think, so why so much concern about what others see?

Ineke Vashon
08-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Sheeple. :D

Ineke

Marcelle
08-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Hi Deebra,

I have run quite a few social experiments which I have recounted on this site regarding this phenomenon. From a cognitive perspective most people (not all) have a finite amount of attention and we tend to focus on the salient . . . what is important to us at the time. If you take a random day in your life as you are walking around a crowded mall, you may focus on one or two individuals in your field of attention but because you have stuff important to you on your mind you process these quick glimpses in gross detail . . . size, shape, look. However I doubt you can recall with any true detail all the people you saw, only those who managed to shift your focus and give you greater time to process. So if you take the average CDer out and about in a crowded mall most people won't give a second look if there is nothing glaringly off . . . they see long hair, girl clothes, girl mannerisms . . . process girl and move on. However, if the CDer is wearing a bright colour say neon pink and it contrasts with what is around the person then a second look is possible because it draws the attention from other things. So in this case you may get read. It really depends on the person, what they have on their mind and how well the CDer blends. :battingeyelashes:

However in the end I have come to learn it really doesn't matter because at some juncture you will have to interact with others and except for a small (miniscule) percentage none of us truly survive first contact. :) So, my take on this if you are prepared for being read, having a few finger point and giggles at your expense . . . who really cares what others see.

Hugs

Isha

BLUE ORCHID
08-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Hi Deebra, Unless they are also a crossdresser they are probably not going to try and dissect your look.

lingerieLiz
08-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Blending in is meeting expectation of what people expect to see. Even my wife and friends don't realize what I'm wearing always. You didn't tell if you were passing as female or male. I wear the same as you describe, but no makeup or wig. I pass as a guy who wears fem clothes, but don't try to pass as female.

docrobbysherry
08-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Most crack up when they see me, an old man in a dress.

But, when they see Sherry? They generally shut up and get out of my way. Or, ask for a photo!

visualkei
08-12-2014, 09:41 PM
However, if the CDer is wearing a bright colour say neon pink and it contrasts with what is around the person then a second look is possible because it draws the attention from other things. So in this case you may get read.

And bright blonde hair. This is why I'm happy being brunette. XD
Great breakdown, Isha.

Walkintallnheels
08-12-2014, 09:52 PM
Answer to the question? Not too much, I try all sorts of things and get no recognition.