PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing and the moon

Jamie Hugs
08-13-2014, 09:09 AM
For the longest time my desire to be feminine has come and gone, thankfully it always comes back, but I am trying to figure out if it has any correlation to the moon and its cycles? It does seem to always come on strong around my birthday as well? Is this the norm?

Kris Avery
08-13-2014, 09:27 AM
For me, it's a 24/7 desire, the only issue is how long I can abstain from doing it.
Thankfully, it appears to be as long as is required.....

I keep it isolated and do NOT go outside and do not - therefore - meet others - I think this helps keep a lid on it.
The good news is that I don't have a desire to do that and don't think I ever will.

Katey888
08-13-2014, 09:32 AM
Chantell - intriguing thought... :)

I guess you'd have to carry out a long study charting how you feel over a period of time - perhaps get some other members to chart their feelings too... add in birthdays... cross-correlate to moon cycles... and then... we might have a clue... :facepalm:

Doesn't for me - I just get a real urge when I know I've got an opportunity, but... I did have this Sunday and that was a Super Full Moon... so, does that explain why I had a good day..? Maybe...

Some will say that lunar cycles don't affect anything but the tides, but I'm not so sure... there are a lot of unknowns around the way our physical world impacts our behaviour... why shouldn't gravity waves impact that too... funny thing, gravity... It's come a long way since a bewigged man sat under a tree and got clocked by a Granny Smith... perhaps Newton was one of us as well...? :D

Katey x

Andy66
08-13-2014, 09:47 AM
Surveys have been made that more stuff happens during full moons. I chalk alot of that up to the fact that its lighter out and easier to see where we are going, also works well with our diurnal animal instincts to be out when it is light out.

As for birthdays, maybe you are in good spirits, or maybe feeling the ticking of time and the need to make your time count. My birthday is two days before Halloween, so its a given that Im going to dress up.

This is a pic I took of that super moon the other night. Does anybody suddenly want to slip into a pair of heels?

Teresa
08-13-2014, 09:47 AM
My father was sometimes unbearable to live with, eventually we had to joke about it coinciding with a full moon !! No he didn't start howling just breathed fire out his nostrils !

I might dress more if I thought I could take a walk in the moonlight, shame I'd be doing it by myself !

Cheryl T
08-13-2014, 09:53 AM
The Norm??
What ever is the Norm??

We all are so varied I don't think that anything but our desire to express our femininity is common to us all. Some prefer just lingerie, some sissy outfits, some little girl clothing, some high fashion, and so on. There certainly is no norm here.
Perhaps it's related to something in the Mayan calendar, or is it the Julian calendar or maybe the Hebrew?? High tides, strong gravitational attractions from passing comets, a black hole yet undiscovered beyond Jupiter or Neptune?
When someone finds the Rosetta Stone to our secret they will indeed make a billion $$$ selling us the answer.
I for one don't really care. This is me and being me is all I want.

Angie G
08-13-2014, 10:00 AM
Not for me I'm always in the zone.I rear something for at least some part of every day.Even it it's just underdressing.:hugs:
Angie

Anna H
08-13-2014, 10:06 AM
This is a pic I took of that super moon the other night. Does anybody suddenly want to slip into a pair of heels?

Hmmm, yes. Yes, i certainly do. I'm going to print that and put it on the wall here.

Generally, if I can see the moon, I'll get dressed for it. If I can't see it, I'll
get dressed and wait for it to come back.

Not counting sleep time...naturally. But I do dress appropriately for that too! lol!

:)

Isabella Ross
08-13-2014, 10:12 AM
I haven't noticed any dressing urges and correlation to lunar cycles. My fem side is always present and ready to take over at a moment's notice. But I do notice that solar cycles dictate things a little for me...it's been so bloody hot here in BC that the thought of wearing a girdle and wig makes me break out in a sweat...

Kate Simmons
08-13-2014, 10:14 AM
If you are asking if we are Lunatics, i guess it depends on who you ask. :battingeyelashes::)

Teresa
08-13-2014, 10:17 AM
Kate there's a guy in a pink straight jacket sitting next to you maybe he'll give you a sensible answer !!

avant1465
08-13-2014, 10:18 AM
Throughout our lives, we may seek - and find - all sorts of corrolations between our C/D-ing and other things which are going on in the world around us.... The Moon, the tides, what we had for breakfast..... As for me, when it comes to crossdressing, I take a cue from Edie Gorme, and "blame it on the Bossa Nova... the dance of love."

Kylee-Blackstad
08-13-2014, 10:37 AM
If you are Pagan, particularly Wiccan, you can chalk it up to the Goddess's influence and look at it through a spiritual lens.

Being Pagan myself (nontraditional) I often wonder if She has been trying to get my attention as of late. In some ways to me, expressing and feeling feminine energy is a result of honoring the Goddess being within all people. It has little to do with the moon in my mind though.

Certain desires and interests wax and wane much like the moon. Demonizing or seemingly worrying about them I think makes them worse. Just go with it.

CynthiaD
08-13-2014, 10:41 AM
Careful research has shown that the phase of the moon does NOT correlate with human behavior. But you may be the exception. Who knows?

Wildaboutheels
08-13-2014, 02:33 PM
Easy to deny that the moon has no influence whatsoever on us "so highly advanced" Humans...

But it does have a rather PRECISELY predictable habit of moving huge bodies of water sometimes 2 or 3 times a day that cover about 70% of the planet. And the average Human body just happens to be about 70% liquid. The moon IS on a 28 day cycle. Women "in good health" also just happen to be on a 28 day cycle, give or take a bit. Mere coincidence........................I'm sure.

I could go on...

Merely food for thought.

Emi_
08-13-2014, 03:21 PM
So, we're all just lunatics then? Seriously, actions affected by phases of the moon (luna) make one a lunatic.

I'm sorry, but I am not willing to be reduced to the helpless pawn of some cosmic force or to be thought of as wrong in the head somehow. It feels like being thrown back to the days when cross-dressing was considered a mental disorder and people like me were put in asylums and institutions or forced to undergo torturous "cures" for our "illnesses."

audreyinalbany
08-13-2014, 03:58 PM
so we all have a 28 day cycle? Hmmm…sounds pretty womanly to me

AKADonna
08-13-2014, 04:10 PM
I recently asked Phoebe Cross, who has operated a M2F transformation service in Atlanta for more than 30 years, what her busiest times are. She said that, without a doubt, she can expect to get twice as many calls, from new and returning clients, on the days just before and during a full moon. She said that it is so predictable that she has come to schedule her vacations around it. She also expects to get more calls in the Fall and Winter than in the Spring and Summer. (Don't know why) But, then, its only 30 years!

Ashley Wray
08-13-2014, 04:19 PM
Interesting Kylee as I practice some of the Wiccan traditions I was thinking along the same lines as you :)

Beverley Sims
08-13-2014, 04:19 PM
Chantell,
Only time and tide will tell.
No I do not believe that, nor does it come under any other four week cycle in my opinion.
It does come and go on occasions though.

BLUE ORCHID
08-13-2014, 09:21 PM
Hi Chantall, If that was so we would have a full moon everyday in my neighborhood.

suzy1
08-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Your getting mixed up with werewolves dear. Its easily done. :heehee: