PDA

View Full Version : mixed feelings

karenj79
08-14-2014, 03:46 AM
A few nights ago I went out for the first time as Karen and made sure I wouldn't run into anyone. Tonight Karen went out again but this time taking more risk. I went to Walmart and the gas station. There were many people around. I realized I was truly scared that I would be discovered. I tried acting as though nothing was wrong. As my luck would have it my ex was shopping she saw me but didn't recognize me. It was then I began to realize that most people don't really pay attention tothe people around them. On the way out of the store I saw my reflection in the glass I didn't see a man dressed as a woman. I saw a woman where a man once stood.

Kate Simmons
08-14-2014, 04:05 AM
I'd say that if the experience filled you with genuine joy, then you accomplished something positive Hon.:battingeyelashes::)

Marcelle
08-14-2014, 04:13 AM
Hi Karen,

You have discovered what many have written about. Unless people are actively seeking you dressed as a girl, it is unlikely that most would recognize you at a glance as the transformation for most is quite amazing (see the boy vs girl thread in the pictures forum). Now I wouldn't show up at work function to test that theory unless you are planning to out yourself at work :). However, most people get so busy with their own lives that while they may see a guy dressed as a women, they most likely don't have time to care or worry about it.

Hugs

Isha

Katey888
08-14-2014, 04:15 AM
:cool:

I think you've confirmed again what many folk here do on their initial outings... most muggles don't give a flying ferret what's going on around them... you could be wrapped in tin foil and wearing a ginger cat on your head and people might just notice something different...

And that's a nice piece of personal affirmation for you, Karen - getting that accidental look in a window or mirror is something I only get around the home and, pleasant enough as that is, I look forward to the time when I can also see my femme reflection in... well... perhaps Marks & Spencer or Harvey Nicks window over here rather than Walmart... ;)

Thanks for sharing...

Katey x

deebra
08-14-2014, 06:16 AM
Karen if you passed the Xwife and reflection tests and this was only your second time out you're definitely "good to go". Continue on your new journey of pleasure, do it often, it's better than ice cream.

stephNE
08-14-2014, 06:18 AM
I think you've been bitten by the bug - no stopping now.
We have some neighbors, where the wife is a good friend of my wife. Once I was out shopping and the husband walked right down the aisle past me. I was scared to death. We've seen each other many times, been to cookouts, school events, etc, but he didn't recognize me.

Krisi
08-14-2014, 07:12 AM
If we get away from places and things we are normally associated with, the chance of recognition go down. Walking out your front door dressed as a female, neighbors will probably recognize you. Driving around in you 1957 Corvette, people you know will probably recognize you.

Get a few miles from your normal hangouts and out of that recognizable car and you're probably safe, depending on how well you present yourself. Six inch heels and overdone makeup cause people to examine you more closely than flats and jeans.

CynthiaD
08-14-2014, 07:24 AM
Sounds like a great experience. And there really wasn't anything to be afraid of, was there?

Jamie Hugs
08-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Congrats on your outings what an exciting time for you, before you know it you'll be shopping en-femme and spending way to much money ;)

bridget thronton
08-14-2014, 08:48 AM
Nicely done

Eringirl
08-14-2014, 09:35 AM
That is awesome Karen ! Sooo happy for you. :) So, now, you can relax a bit and I bet with your new found confidence, outings will get better and be more fun!

Hugs,

Erin

Stephanie47
08-14-2014, 10:36 AM
You passed the test when a neighbor asks you who that good looking woman was who was driving your car.

Emi_
08-14-2014, 05:18 PM
Okay, now that that's out of the way, perhaps you can get on with living the rest of your life. We've all wasted an amazing amount of time needlessly worrying about getting out when all we really needed to worry about is whether we need to pick up some milk while we're out there.