PDA

View Full Version : Random Thought Of The Day

Aly Cat
08-14-2014, 05:48 PM
So I had this random thought...

What would happen if we were in the Matrix? In the movie, they discuss residual self image. That is why they all look badass when "plugged in". It would be funny if I got plugged in and ended up being a GG. I can only imagine the looks I would get from the Matrix group... (I'd still look badass though :daydreaming: )

If you were "plugged in", what would you look like? Would you be male/female? How would your appearance be?

Emi_
08-14-2014, 05:51 PM
If we are in the Matrix, then our current images are our residual self images and we have appeared as... ...cross-dressers. That's got to be the makings for a really deep psychological phenomenon of some kind.

Brianna_H
08-14-2014, 05:53 PM
OMG, I'd be Trinity or another badass lady in a heartbeat, probably with long dark hair and mad Kung Fu skillz :). Hope I live long enough to see true VR.

I play a lot of roleplaying games. The most famous is Dungeons and Dragons, but the hobby has come a long way since then. In games like Fate, Monsterhearts, and Apocalypse World characters of any sex, gender or orientation are available. I mostly play female characters and this scratches a certain itch for me. I probably should have realized much longer that I really wanted to be a woman, not just play one. Still, it's a fun creative hobby.

So yes! Sign me up for the Matrix Angels brigade.

Katey888
08-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Aly, I think I could do a lot worse than end up looking like you... :D

But as that look's already taken... (presumably you'll stick with it...?) I think I'd just keep the Katey look but trim off about 25 years - but no badass black PVC for me... just something chic and classy...

Oh - and when they say: "Operator - I need to download a.... dance programme..." That would be coolest... :cool:

Katey x

Tina G
08-14-2014, 06:08 PM
If i were in the Matrix i would have a ton of fun if i knew that i was in it. :)

Tina

PaulaQ
08-14-2014, 06:48 PM
True story - the Matrix is really about coming out to yourself / transition. Larry Wachowski is credited as one of the creators of that movie - she's now Lana Wachowski. If you look at that movie, you'll see so much of it is a metaphor for transition.

CynthiaD
08-14-2014, 06:56 PM
Hmmm ... I'll have to watch it again.

Kate Simmons
08-14-2014, 07:37 PM
Why I would look like Trinity of course. No doubt on my Matrix mind whatsoever.:battingeyelashes::)

Brandie.n
08-15-2014, 01:15 AM
i would be the woman in the red dress