PDA

View Full Version : getting in and out of your car

marsha leanne
08-14-2014, 06:00 PM
first to the moderators, if this is in the wrong box please move, i mean no disrespect to the site. It just seems that this fits here.

How do you ladies get in and out of your vehicles? Not just if you are in a dress or skirt, but all the time. I have been watching other gg's as well as my wife, and there is a very distinctive way the get both in and out.

It would be one of those un-thought of 'tells' that would out us to others.

my wife, basically backs into and sits, then swings her legs around, keeping her legs together as much as possible. i on the other hand, find myself sliding one foot in, then siting and bringing the other leg in. this creates a moment where i am 'spread wide' both getting in and out.

any other observations or thoughts?

Tina G
08-14-2014, 06:10 PM
I swing my legs depending on what i am wearing honestly. I watch others as well and had seen it so i do try to emulate these things.

Tina

mechamoose
08-14-2014, 06:17 PM
Keep those knees tucked, hon!

Us GMs like some room between the thighs, those without junk, not so much.

- MM

AllieSF
08-14-2014, 06:23 PM
I have done the sit and then swing both legs in. Then a TS friend of mine showed me how to do a modified and acceptable crouch, one leg in, sit and then swing in the left leg, all very lady like. I use that method most of the time and have seen other women do the same. It also depends what type of bottom, slacks, full or tight dress or skirt that one is wearing at the time. Normally the good views happen when one is actually getting out of the car from that low seat and turn the hips and body to face outward when all other eyes are facing inward!

CynthiaD
08-14-2014, 07:00 PM
I do the one-legged swing to get in and the two-legged swing to get out. Regardless of mode. At my age, it's just easier that way.

Jonithan
08-14-2014, 07:28 PM
That would all depend on which car. The Porsche, a bit tricky. The high lift truck, even trickier. I suppose I have some homework to do.....

joni

Dukes of Hazard style......I'm just sayin

cdinmd206
08-14-2014, 07:28 PM
I have a Malibu and I do the sit then swing the legs in. I also just bought a Mazda Miata and I have not figured out how to get gracefully in and out of it in the guy mode or or less in the gurly mode. At 6 foot and 275 it is quite the sight to see as I get in and out.

Leslie Langford
08-14-2014, 07:30 PM
marsha, I've gotten into the habit of doing it the same way your wife does, and it seems to work well for me while preserving my "modesty". :eek: :heehee:

But on that same note, how do you ladies try on your shoes - and more specifcally - your heels when you are in a shoe store?

(a) Standing up while hanging onto the nearest shoe rack, display or other solid object with your free hand for balance? ;)

(b) Sittng down with your legs demurely together, or

(c) Sitting down with one leg crossed over the other (at the knee, GG-style)?

My first choice is always (c), conditions permitting...

Kate Simmons
08-14-2014, 07:35 PM
What you describe is the way women are told to graciously enter and exit cars. I've done it but pretty much prefer the method you use. I guess I would flunk that part of Crossdressing 101. no?:heehee::)

Brandie.n
08-15-2014, 01:13 AM
i also sit down then swing legs in.then reverse getting out

Marcelle
08-15-2014, 03:36 AM
It really depends on what I am wearing. I drive a low to the ground car so with a skirt I tend to do the butt in first and swing legs in. If I am wearing jeans or slacks I have a bit of latitude in getting in or out.

Hugs

Isha

noeleena
08-15-2014, 03:56 AM
Hi

Male or female is no different when your truck to the seat is 4 ft high you climb up ,

And our waggons you get in the best way you can as that too is to high for some of my women friends my self leg it sit then slide in or just bum in slide around then both legs in and depends on what im wearing skirts or longs or a dress, or climb in . dont care so long as i get in,

...noeleena...

erickka
08-15-2014, 05:03 AM
I do the sit and swing thing....really easy and it can be done very gracefully when wearing skirts of minimal length.

Teresa
08-15-2014, 05:10 AM
Marsha I think you're about right ! It also depends on the style of the vehicle, a low slung sports job is different to a big 4x4 !
What a good excuse to go buy a Porche , I only bought to see how to get in !!

mariehart
08-15-2014, 08:02 AM
Don't know myself but I get out quite delicately because of back problems. I don't want to aggravate that.

On the other had if I'm wearing a skirt I am very careful in case the paparazzi are waiting for the money upskirt shot.:devil:

NicoleScott
08-15-2014, 09:36 AM
I climb in my truck, get in my minivan, and fall into my Civic.
The methods depend on what I'm getting into/out of and what I'm wearing (and if anyone may be looking).
I once dated a petite woman who got in by putting both feet on the floorboard (one at a time, of course), then rotating 90 degrees to sit down.

UNDERDRESSER
08-15-2014, 11:12 AM
Hah! You think it's tricky getting into/out of a car in a skirt? Try a bicycle!

carhill2mn
08-15-2014, 12:34 PM
If you are wearing a dress or skirt definitely do the same as your wife. Even if you are wearing slacks you can enter the car with a little more grace than if you were trying to impress your buddies as to how "macho" you are

stephNE
08-15-2014, 04:16 PM
When I am out with my wife, she continually points out ..."a lady would never sit like that/ get out of a car like that"...
Oh well, still learning.

Cheryl T
08-15-2014, 04:56 PM
In a skirt or dress I "sit and swing" getting into my car. My SUV is different as it's a bit higher so sometimes I can just put a leg up and slip in.
In jeans, shorts, etc it's slip in a leg and glide into the seat.

bobbimo
08-17-2014, 12:54 PM
I have a Vette and a BMW 323. Doing the girl entry and exit is much easier on my hips by far!.
So now I doing in every car unless I'm in a hurry.
Bobbi

Lorileah
08-17-2014, 01:10 PM
:idontknow: wonders who watches people get in and out of cars. I must have other things to do

AllieSF
08-17-2014, 01:24 PM
Lorileah,

For us healthy male souls here, that is a great past time. It is not so much sitting and waiting for it to happen, but the art of knowing when it might happen and glancing in that direction at the correct moment when our timing is on. Yes, I have done that many times and have had many of those momentary glimpses of some very beautiful legs! Nothing wrong with that. I think that in your case, maybe your internal thoughts and needs were significantly different from mine.

Julie 29
08-17-2014, 08:16 PM
When getting into my car I make sure that my dress/skirt is at the length it needs to be. I first sit own gracefully with my self facing sideways. then I shift myself in my seat to face forward. I would hold onto the arm rest and steering wheel while doing this. It does take time to find what works out best for you.

Hugs, Julie

BLUE ORCHID
08-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Hi Marsha, Right leg in set down and left hand under left knee and lift and twist it in.

Ms Deidre
08-18-2014, 06:37 AM
At of how one gets in and out of a car is a matter of the car and what you have on. I have a Mustang and an Explorer, let me tell you neither is graceful to get into or out of in a short tight skirt! One just has to be careful and do ones best. MY BF has a Chrysler 300, much easier to get into, but then again I am always on the passenger side and not having to wrestle past the steering heel. The sit and spin method is still the best for retaining some modicum of modesty in a skirt. In slacks or jeans just put your right foot in then sit down, easiest way I have found.

GenieGirl
08-18-2014, 06:44 AM
Getting in and out of my car is good enough as it is literally sitting on the ground....but it is the best handling car I have ever been in so its worth it to me. My mom struggles to get out of my car very very badly. Its not good for old folks! All I can say is getting out with a short dress and heels is quite the challenge!!!

Paula Siemen
08-18-2014, 06:57 AM
When entering or exiting my car...I usually make sure my skirt is pulled down to its length and get out as I usually do as in guy mode but I hold my hand or my purse down in front of myself to be modest. It usually works pretty well but the car door sheilds my privates pretty well anyway.

BillieAnneJean
08-18-2014, 06:59 AM
In the Ferrari, sit and swing. In the Lotus fall and swing. In the Lear climb, walk, and sit.
Oh wait! This isn't about dreams is it?!?
In reality sit and swing in everything but the van which is climb, sit, and then swing.

Clodagh
08-18-2014, 08:09 AM
It is something I never thought about until I was actually faced with the situation. Lots of little things to worry about including do I pick up my handbag before I get out, or do I bend over and reach in for it. I am mainly focussed on not knocking off my wig!

Kiltie
08-18-2014, 01:56 PM
The same problem exists for kiltwearers and my method is to sweep the pleats of the kilt then sit on the carseat and swing my legs in. Knees together of course lol. Exiting is the reverse.

Jane G
08-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Us girls just don't talk cars enough. I love my cars too. :daydreaming:

I get in and out the same way dressed or not. In my favorite car, being 6' 4", I get the roof down, before I get in, then step through and slide down into the seat. If I have to get in or out, while it's parked in the garage, with the roof up, it's not at all lady like. :o

janetcgtv
08-18-2014, 08:24 PM
I get in a car like a man, but I always get out of one like a woman

Sometimes Steffi
08-18-2014, 10:37 PM
I never ran into the problem until I went out in my mid-calf jean skirt.

There is no give, so sit "side-saddle" and swing legs is the only way to get in.

What's the hardest is when you're wearing a long flowing skirt like I was Saturday night. Then it's sit, swing legs, and then grab the part of the skirt still hanging out the door before you close it. I also have an almost ankle length leather coat that needs the same treatment.

Eryn
08-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Dukes of Hazard style......I'm just sayin

Best post today! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w0m0hTrtlWM#t=20

I enter and exit cars in different ways depending upon what I am wearing. In a short or slim skirt it's the sit and swivel with knees together move. With longer and fuller skirts I can be more casual. I just have to be sure to arrange my skirts property before closing the door.

Martha G
08-18-2014, 11:09 PM
I have always had bigger cars. Now I have a smaller one ( not a compact)

Trying to get into it like the larger cars caused me to sprain a toe and pop my knee twice. So I now sit down and swing my legs in as well as push the seat back as far as I can and the steering wheel up.

So whether I am dressed as a man or a woman I do the same procedure!

But the fun comes when I am going to a costume party dressed in a large hoop skirt or a midieviel gown. Then the fun starts! LOL!