PDA

View Full Version : Driving while dressed as a female while your name & picture is male on licience

Ricki Dove
08-16-2014, 08:00 AM
Has anyone been stopped by the police while driving as a female? As a female I look very different from my picture on my drivers license. And of the name would be a mans name. How did the police officer react when he stopped you dressed as a female? A question from a new cross dresser. Ricki Dove

I Am Paula
08-16-2014, 08:08 AM
I have been stopped at DUI checkpoints many times(15?), and once for speeding. I had no problems whatsoever. The officer looked at my DL, looked at me, looked puzzled for a moment, then carried on his business. They have always been as professional and courteous as can be, and used the correct pronouns, no matter what my DL said.
I'm sure this varies from area to area, but remember, you are not doing anything against the law.
Good luck!

Ricki Dove
08-16-2014, 08:13 AM
Paula, Thank you so much for your answer. It gives me comfort to know! Ricki Dove

sami1952
08-16-2014, 09:49 AM
Been stopped once by a park ranger and he wa courteous above the whole thing.

Jackie7
08-16-2014, 10:04 AM
I've been stopped twice, both times late at night, once in urban New York State and once in rural Pennsylvania. No issues with being dressed and no tickets either. The police, at least here in the northeast, seem to have been trained to know it is not illegal for a man to wear a dress while driving.

Dannigirl
08-16-2014, 10:08 AM
Yup, got stopped driving my sisters car while dressed, was a little insurance mix-up but turned out it wasn't an issue, treated me just like they would have treated me had I not been wearing a skirt, heels and full makeup.

Nadya
08-16-2014, 10:08 AM
That's good to know. I will say that just be careful about using restrooms. Depending on the state (Utah has this law but not sure if others have it), it can be illegal for the someone to use a restroom of the opposite sex. Some of the more conservative states may have similar laws.

AZashleemarie
08-16-2014, 02:41 PM
I was stopped one time at night for allegedly crossing the center line. Which was a bunch of BS, as I always drive totally sober and drivers ed type style where you follow every law as it is written when I drive dressed. The first cop who came was an ass and accused me of swerving which I simply stated I did not - he was however very professional about the fact I was dressed fully with make up and a wig. The second car that came - a male and female were way more relaxed about things when it became obvious I was not intoxicated and they ran my record and saw that I have no warrants, no unpaid tickets, or history of criminal activity. I was then told to go about my way - wear a seatbelt and obey speed limits. Only thing that annoyed me is I was doing all those things already - just think it was a cop who wanted to pull a random person over and see if he could find drugs, alcohol, or something to write a ticket on. But whatever I just went about my way and chalked it up to a cop who wasa little overzealous on his shift that night.

sabrinaedwards
08-16-2014, 03:41 PM
I have never been stopped by the PoPo while dressed, but typically I do have a glass of wine before going out. I have always worried about that. I love to drive while dressed; it is so much fun.

Karen_Ski
08-16-2014, 03:50 PM
I have been stopped a couple of times while dressed both the CHP as well as LA county sheriffs. Generally it is late at night and they are feigning any excuse to stop someone and get them on a DUI. I have never been treated anything but respectfully and with courtesy ad generally got maam'ed, they are careful to use female pronouns while stopping someone regardless of gender. Now that I have had my name changed I have yet to be pulled over. Wonder how they would react with the license reading Karen Renee and the big "M" on it?

Lucy Lou
08-16-2014, 04:30 PM
This is something that I have thought about many times. It will happen one day and I hope that the police will be OK. Lucy Lou.xx

Clodagh
08-17-2014, 06:25 AM
I have never been stopped but I have worried about it many times. One time I was approaching a checkpoint and instead of facing it I pulled in and got changed. It was broad daylight in a very busy area so I could not afford a scene.

CarlaWestin
08-17-2014, 11:28 AM
Oh yes. I've recounted this story a few times. Way back in the seventies when us crossdressers had to sneak around in the moonlight and the legality of our activity was questionable, I was stopped by two police officers. One male and one female. They were curious as to what I was doing out by myself driving around at 2 in the morning. The male officer asked me why I was wearing women's clothes?

I looked right at his identically dressed female partner and said, "I'm not the only on crossdressing here!"
Ah, that wonderful pregnant pause right before the three of us burst into tearful laughter.

Julie 29
08-17-2014, 05:26 PM
No I've never been stopped by an officer while en femme. I got around to thinking though I would like to get a State ID with my femme photo. It would be a good idea.

Hugs, Julie

mariehart
08-17-2014, 05:43 PM
It's never happened to me but being stopped here in Ireland is rare enough. If it did I'd expect there would be a bit of banter and as this is a pretty liberal town no big deal. One of my friends is a lesbian and a cop. A sergeant. If someone hassled me. I'd call her. But I doubt I need to. I would never drink drive or speed en femme or drab anyway so unless I got swept up in a routine stop it's a non issue.

Suzanne F
08-18-2014, 12:13 AM
I have been through a DUI checkpoint and also was stopped for speeding. The officer at the checkpoint laughed and waved me through. The other officers were polite and called me mam. However,they did give me a ticket.
Suzanne

Sarahwithanh11
08-18-2014, 03:19 AM
It's been 3 or 4 years ago but I got pulled over for speeding, and it was even in a small central valley town (I live in the LA Area...everybody speeds here!). i let the officer know right away that I was male despite how I was dressed. Sorry but you're not going to fool a cop! Anyway he was very professional and it was no big deal except that I did get a ticket. I guess I'm not as cute as I'd hoped!

Amymonroe
08-18-2014, 06:06 AM
as a former police officer of 2 years, i have only pulled over one person i was not sure about what gender he was. as police officers we are trained to be professional as possible. it is your attitude and domineer that will determine the outcome of a traffic stop. Oh and the person i was not sure about the gender, i remembered later on after he had left who he was. he owned the local nail salon in town.

Amy

Kate Simmons
08-18-2014, 06:29 AM
I've been going out driving en femme for some forty years and have yet to be stopped for anything. I'm mostly figuring there would be a WTF? from the officer as my male presentation looks nothing like my female presentation. I'm prepared to take off my wig to prove who I am :heehee:. Some TG folks go to the point of getting their license pic taken en femme even though the license reads "male" or others will make the effort to get an additional State ID with a femme pic on it. Personally I don't see the need to do that other than perhaps self satisfaction.:battingeyelashes::)

Deborah2B
08-18-2014, 09:12 AM
Do not worry about being stopped by a police officer. They are trained professionals and the overwhelming majority act that way. If you get one that acts unprofessionally, ask to see their supervisor but do not argue with them. Their first concern is going home to their loved ones at the end of the shift. Once they can establish that you are not a threat to their safety, the rest will go easy. You may or may not get a ticket as that is officer's discretion. With some of the horrors that police officers deal with, they really do not care that they are dealing with a male that is wearing female attire. Just act like normal, not like you are trying to hide anything because that will make the officer suspicious and prolong your encounter.

Here is a YouTube link where Paul Harvey explains what a policeman is. Paul Harvey was a very wise man and is on point with this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUUZ2fKVqcs

Helen_Highwater
08-18-2014, 11:43 AM
I have never been stopped by the PoPo while dressed, but typically I do have a glass of wine before going out. I have always worried about that. I love to drive while dressed; it is so much fun.

Sabrina,
While it may not be enough to put you over the limit the smell on your breath is enough to give the officer reason to question you further. Not a problem if you're not bothered about being stopped enfem but if it bothers you then I would not have that tipple.

Krisi
08-18-2014, 12:03 PM
Keep in mind though, you might well end up on an episode of COPS (the TV show) or one of the similar shows.

StarrOfDelite
08-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Although there are some things about the modern police presence which scare the blue bejesus out of me, including the militarization of routine search warrants and arrests by SWAT teams instead of two guys in blue uniforms, by and large police officers are better educated and much better trained than they were a generation ago. I am still phobic about small town Sheriffs and Constables in the deep South and the far reaches of the Midwest, but almost every state highway patrol officer you will meet in the line of duty nowadays is well versed in gender politics, and with rare exceptions the same applies to most municipal policemen in medium to large cities.

The thing you have to remember is to keep your drinking and driving down to the bare minimum if you are driving en femme. In almost every jurisdiction if you are stopped and test over the legal blood alcohol content limit (.08% in most places) your vehicle will be towed and impounded. In most places you will also be invited to become a guest in the local drunk tank at the jail until you can get a bondsman to post bail for your release.

For routine traffic violations, unless you have warrants for unpaid fines or non-appearances, the standard procedure almost everywhere is the issuance of a summons to appear in traffic court, and release of you and your vehicle if it is not patently unsafe to drive.

Remember: If you take a field sobriety test, take off the four/five inch heels. :-)

Caden Lane
08-19-2014, 09:08 AM
I was a cop for fifteen years. for about five of that, I was a shift supervisor on the street. I pulled over a good number of TG's over the years, and of course with my leanings, they were all treated fairly, and may even got a warning when one might not have been justified. (Hey, if cops can expect professional courtesy, so can my sisters...just saying!)

But there was one instance where one of my troops did not act professional towards a CD he had pulled over, had used the wrong adjective towards her, and essentially gave her a ration of crap for the way she was dressed. Normally I didn't correct my officers in front of civilians or even each other. I'd had a supervisor who was notorious for that. But I felt it prudent to correct him in front of her so she would feel she had been vindicated, since all too often when a person complains to police departments, they aren't told corrective action was taken because its a "personnel matter."

I reamed him from one end of that roadway to the other, and told him that under no uncertain terms, he would be respective of people's sexuality or gender, natural, selected, or otherwise. She was smiling, his smirk disappeared. He had the gall to accuse me of being gay or CD myself later that night to one of my other officers, thinking I was out of earshot. I told him in front of that officer, that if he believed that, that he could expect to be called into the human resources office for harassment. I told him I had no compunctions against ruining his career if that was the sort of disrespect he would show people, even under the watchful eye of his supervisor. If he would do that, we could only speculate with what he might try to get away with out of eye or earshot. Needless to say, he was respectful towards me for the rest of my tenure there. Once I was gone, he was later dismissed for excessive force. Seems his supervisor after me wasn't as vigilant.

Ashlynn Marie
08-19-2014, 01:11 PM
We present our license when flying pretty which would be the same as when driving pretty.
There is no problem with the TSA why would there be with the Police.
I was nervous about driving pretty, but not so much now that I have flown for the first time a few weeks ago.

Ashlynn