PDA

View Full Version : Which public restroom in SC

Ricki Dove
08-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Another question has come up. Does anyone know about the law in South Carolina in reference which public restroom a cross dresser is allowed to use or supposed to use, men or women?

Jenny Gurl
08-16-2014, 07:22 PM
Looks like they have a web site with TG information for SC. I don't see an answer there, but some contact information to some organizations that may be able to help you.

http://www.scequality.org/knowyourrights/transgender/

sabrinaedwards
08-16-2014, 09:07 PM
I can tell you that I use the restroom that reflects the clothing that I am wearing. I have not had an issue using the ladies restroom while "en femme" I have used the ladies room at fast food restaurants and at places like Target or Walmart. I can say that I do not know the law here in SC but again I have not had an issue.
Love, Sabrina

Krisi
08-18-2014, 06:31 AM
You would have to consider state laws and local county, city or town laws. Your best answer would come from the local police department because that's who will arrest you or leave you alone, depending on the law. If you write or e-mail them, you will get your answer in writing and you can put a copy in your purse just in case there's a misunderstanding.

That said, you might have issues with private citizens who don't know the law and object to you sharing a restroom with their wives or daughters. Think about this.

Linda E. Woodworth
08-18-2014, 07:31 AM
Hi Ricki,

When traveling in the state I've always used the Restroom for the Gender that I am portraying.

If I am enfemme and out and about I use the ladies room.

This has been a common question in the past and as I remember the answer there is no South Carolina state law against a crossdresser using the ladies room.