PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Day Out in Chicago

Barbara Ella
08-18-2014, 11:58 AM
Saturday was simply a wonderful day spent en femme. Wife and I drove up to OakBrook Friday night for a Chi Chapter meeting the next day at the Doubletree. Saturday morning we both dressed and went to Arlington Heights to Transformations by Rori for some shopping. Spent several hours in the shop and got some lovely things and two new wigs. Wife almost bought more things than me....ALMOST. Had a wonderful lunch out, and then went to hotel to change, put new makeup on and attend the meeting at 6 pm.

The Chi Chapter meeting was absolutely fantastic. What a wonderful group of girls of all ages. first two hours are just socializing with sandwiches and refreshments. Next two hours are the meeting. At 10 we convene back up at Foxes bar for cocktails. Got run out at 2 am, and spent the next hour in the lobby lounge talking with another girl as she finished her drink. The manager even came over and played the piano for us. The hotel staff are so supportive of this group, especially the bar staff..woot! Makes it well worth the drive up from Champaign, and the hotel stay for the night.

If anyone is lookng for a place to go to socialize in an ultra safe environment check out Chi Chapter. We meet once a month at the Doubletree in Oakbrook. Totally private, no need to enter the hotel if you prefer not to. Private restrooms and changing room. And did I mention an absolutely fabulous bunch of girls?

Hugs,

Barbara

Julie Denier
08-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Sounds like a wonderful weekend! You were up in my neck of the woods ;)

Ashley Wray
08-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Sounds Great but too far from me :(

RADER
08-18-2014, 12:52 PM
WOW!!! Sounds like a great time; I live North of you in Grayslake.
I wish I could attend, but way to shy to try to go out dressed.
I should like to come once in DAB, If it is allowed?
Rader

BLUE ORCHID
08-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Hi Barbara, It really sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Julie 29
08-18-2014, 07:58 PM
Barbara, what an amazing time that you had that day. To also have such a supportive wife. Next time you come up for the Chi Chapter GNO or meeting let me know.

Hugs, Julie

janetcgtv
08-18-2014, 08:35 PM
Barbara:
Rori is a very wonderful person and is a friend of Rachel and Velma of Rachel's Wigs
Chi chapter was fun to be at. I was a member when Sara and Naomi were presidents of the chapter

ArleneRaquel
08-19-2014, 02:04 AM
Barbara,
A lovely post darlin. Too bad that I was away from my house for much of the day.

Marcelle
08-19-2014, 04:16 AM
Hi Barbara,

Sounds like a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Isha

Michelle Crossfire
08-19-2014, 11:56 AM
We were just in Chicago around the 4th of July, didn't know anything about this. We stayed in Glenview.

Ashlynn Marie
08-19-2014, 01:04 PM
Transformations is the best place. I was there a few weeks back and it was the best experience ever!

I would definitely go there again but I won't be in town any time soon.

VeronicaMoonlit
08-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Saturday was simply a wonderful day spent en femme. Wife and I drove up to OakBrook Friday night for a Chi Chapter meeting the next day at the Doubletree.

The Chi Chapter meeting was absolutely fantastic. What a wonderful group of girls of all ages. first two hours are just socializing with sandwiches and refreshments. Next two hours are the meeting. At 10 we convene back up at Foxes bar for cocktails. Got run out at 2 am, and spent the next hour in the lobby lounge talking with another girl as she finished her drink. The manager even came over and played the piano for us. The hotel staff are so supportive of this group, especially the bar staff..woot! Makes it well worth the drive up from Champaign, and the hotel stay for the night. If anyone is lookng for a place to go to socialize in an ultra safe environment check out Chi Chapter. We meet once a month at the Doubletree in Oakbrook. Totally private, no need to enter the hotel if you prefer not to. Private restrooms and changing room. And did I mention an absolutely fabulous bunch of girls?

Totally agree. Great description of the meetings. I was a member in the early "oughts" I quit attending because of time constraints, changes in schedule (I work weekend overnights now), and differences with National Tri-Ess (which you had to be a member of to be a member of chi at that time) Chi is now independent and not affiliated with Tri-Ess. I miss the people.

Barbara:
Rori is a very wonderful person and is a friend of Rachel and Velma of Rachel's Wigs
Chi chapter was fun to be at. I was a member when Sara and Naomi were presidents of the chapter

Amanda was president when I was in, met Rori, saw Rachel and Velma plenty of times. Rachel used to joke with me about not being able to sell me wigs. (I grew my own hair out.)

Veronica