PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Ideas?

Paula_56
08-19-2014, 05:28 AM
I really am looking forward to Halloween this year. Last year I was a Iceland Air Stewardess. If you ever have flown Iceland Air you'd know why!

I'd like to be a celebrity female this year, a few years ago I missed the opportunity to dress up as Sarah Palin. Politics aside I love her fashion.

Her star has faded and I am looking for ideas another iconic public person????

Any Ideas sister???????

Anna H
08-19-2014, 05:51 AM
That's so weird...I've had 3 different people from 3 different places
tell me my little avatar picture looked like Sarah. lol. I don't see it myself...

I've lost track of who's who in the celeb world. Last one I recall was...
um...er...The Gaga lady...what was her name? I spend all my TV time
chatting with real TV's these days...

Anyways... I Do love Halloween! I'll be thinking now that I've thought
about it. I think i'll be a girl this year. Again ...lol!

:)

Marcelle
08-19-2014, 05:52 AM
Hi Paula,

Okay, I am going to go out on an "aging" myself limb here. How about a retro celebrity costume . . . Carole Brady a la Brady Bunch. You would require a different hair style and you could dress 60s in a hip mom kind of way. :battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Isha

Kate Simmons
08-19-2014, 06:01 AM
I haven't been to the Halloween party at the club in a couple of years. Last time I went I was a zombie "bride" in black and my friend Mary was the "groom". We both looked like death warmed over (groan). Prior to that I went as a good witch wearing a butterfly gown and before that a female Green lantern. I've been wanting to go as Black Canary a la the erstwhile "Smallville" TV series. I did a "dress rehearsal" with that once and it came out pretty well. We'll see. :) P.S. I think you would make a good Doris Day Hon.

Krisi
08-19-2014, 06:46 AM
If I get to go somewhere as Krisi I will be happy.

Martha G
08-19-2014, 08:59 AM
How about Martha Stewart! Go as Glampira!

I went last year at Halloween as Mrs. Bates! Must have done a good job because most people thought that I was a real woman dressed as her! Oh my! Well I do have a very womanish sounding voice.

Annaliese
08-19-2014, 09:03 AM
Ann Romney, she is a great style you could get some one to dress a Mitt

5150 Girl
08-19-2014, 09:09 AM
I'm debating... Either a Playboy bunny, or Barbra Eden's, Genie.

mariehart
08-19-2014, 09:37 AM
That's thinking ahead! In my case I won't be doing anything for Halloween least of all dress up as a woman! Halloween parties for adults are rare here. Even though we invented it. We even get a public holiday for it. These days it's all about the kids.

It's a pity really.

monalisa
08-19-2014, 10:07 AM
How about Wonder Woman?

JenniferR771
08-19-2014, 10:13 AM
First idea was best. Sara Palin. Carry a salmon instead of a purse.
Can you convince your date to dress as a polar bear?

Stephanie47
08-19-2014, 10:32 AM
I looked at your Flickr page. You always appear very elegant. I wish I had the opportunity and guts to just go out as Stephanie. You obviously have gone out as Paula numerous times, so just appearing in ordinary garb is not an event for you. My suggestion is not to mimic a particular person, but, a period dress. I love some of the dresses Scarlet O'Hara wore in Gone with the Wind. Perhaps one of the period dresses with a wide full hoop. If you have a male friend who is willing, have him dressed as a Civil War general.

Leslie Langford
08-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Paula, I think that with your overall appearance, presentation, and and facial structure, you would be a natural as an Amy Poehler look-alike. Trouble is, as a Halloween character she doesn't really have a "signature look" like Sarah Palin that would make her stand out in a crowd - unless, of course, you can find a dude who can do a credible Ron Swanson impersonation to accompany you - LOL!

I like the Martha Stewart suggestion that a previous poster made as well, and if you're into a 1980's "retro" look, you might even consider Krystle Carrington (Linda Evans) of "Dynasty" fame - big hair and shoulder pads included.

Of course, there's always Hilary Clinton or Angela Merkel, but something tells me that you wouldn't be into pantsuits as much as these ladies seem to be... ;)

Jonithan
08-19-2014, 12:58 PM
I don't want to be disrespectful, Lauren Becall. As an homage.....

joni

Kiva
08-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Flo from Progressive.

joank
08-19-2014, 03:50 PM
I would try to do one of the Fox newscasters. You have a wide choice in ages and looks.

CynthiaD
08-19-2014, 05:29 PM
I got a witch costume a few years back, for a reasonable price. It's still in great shape, so I'll be a witch again this year.

Martha G
08-19-2014, 05:46 PM
I plan to dress as a Duchess this year.

UNDERDRESSER
08-19-2014, 07:20 PM
Add a large Queen of hearts playing card, then just going round saying "off with his head!" at anyone who gives you grief!

Paula_56
08-19-2014, 07:38 PM
Flo from Progressive.

Very good Kiva! She is very recognizable

Hi Paula,

Okay, I am going to go out on an "aging" myself limb here. How about a retro celebrity costume . . . Carole Brady a la Brady Bunch. You would require a different hair style and you could dress 60s in a hip mom kind of way. :battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Isha

Carol Brady hmmmmm now thats idea, I wanted to be Jan when I watch as a youth!!!!

Paula, I think that with your overall appearance, presentation, and and facial structure, you would be a natural as an Amy Poehler look-alike. Trouble is, as a Halloween character she doesn't really have a "signature look" like Sarah Palin that would make her stand out in a crowd - unless, of course, you can find a dude who can do a credible Ron Swanson impersonation to accompany you - LOL!

I like the Martha Stewart suggestion that a previous poster made as well, and if you're into a 1980's "retro" look, you might even consider Krystle Carrington (Linda Evans) of "Dynasty" fame - big hair and shoulder pads included.

Of course, there's always Hilary Clinton or Angela Merkel, but something tells me that you wouldn't be into pantsuits as much as these ladies seem to be... ;)

Dynasty was a cross dressers dream! Martha Stewart does have a signature look!!!

docrobbysherry
08-20-2014, 12:49 AM
U r quite lucky, Paula. Few of us can dress like a regular woman on Halloween and get away with that.

Since Halloween is the only day of the year I mite pass? I like to try! For me, that means dressing as a woman wearing a costume. I recommend that to any dresser who would like, maybe JUST ONCE, to pass for a female!?

Here I am at a local club that has a huge H party! Passed at least 5, and maybe many more, times that nite.

Adriana Moretti
08-20-2014, 01:00 AM
Everyday is Halloween ........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXtX9u7_6F8

5150 Girl
08-22-2014, 10:40 AM
How about Wonder Woman?
I did it last year

5150 Girl
09-11-2014, 10:23 AM
I think I wanna go with "I dream of Jeanie" However, I need to get it done as cheaply as possible! Any thoughts?
PS, I'm used to making my own stuff.....
Wonder Woman for example, a spaghetti strap T, (I painted the logo) a navy blue bathing suit I painted the stars on, I cut up a gold gift bag for the belt, crown and bracelets, and painted the stars. The boots, I had go-go boot shoe covers left over from my Dallas Cowgirl outfit that I painted....

Anywho, Jeannie, I think I can find a pink sports bra on the cheep and hang a tassel on it, pink A dark pink button up shirt to cut off and make into the vest, (did something similar with my DCC outfit) should be a cheep easy find, but pink harem pants? I don't think Goodwill is going to have that!

Wildaboutheels
09-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Cobbled together and/or made.

~Joanne~
09-11-2014, 07:08 PM
I have always wanted to be batgirl, I don't know what it is about her that makes me want to duplicate it so bad but I have failed again and again because everything you need just isn't out there. Last year I bought the 1966 batgirl costume, which cost a good chunk of change, and it was so horrible I didn't even finish trying it on before I had it back in the box and back in the mail.

I did do one of those "sexy" lady flash costumes last year but I didn't like how it looked on me at all. This year I am not going to waste my time.

6inchheels
09-11-2014, 08:20 PM
That's so funny. I really wanted to be bat girl last Halloween. I don't know why either; it just seemed really great. I didn't have the courage last year. I hadn't fully dressed at all and wanted to try that for my first time. Maybe that's what I should do this year. I sort of forgot about that until I read that post. Thanks Joanne. :)

karanne
09-27-2014, 12:01 PM
I really am looking forward to Halloween this year. Last year I was a Iceland Air Stewardess. If you ever have flown Iceland Air you'd know why!

I'd like to be a celebrity female this year, a few years ago I missed the opportunity to dress up as Sarah Palin. Politics aside I love her fashion.

Any Ideas sister??????? Nancy Pelosi? Hillary Clinton?

Nancy's easy, just a skirted suit, and Hillary is her infamous pantsuit.

cotton panty man
09-27-2014, 01:30 PM
I'm going as Howard stern as a catholic school girl with pleated red mini school skirt with white ruffle blouse with matchin red tie & hat white over the knee socks with bows & white lacey bra with white lacey nylon thong 1 match&black high heels.

Beverley Sims
09-27-2014, 01:33 PM
I was able to buy a Dorothy dress the other day, it looks good but I don't want to be the 1001st Dorothy out there this year.
I am still undecided. I think I will go with the flow considering I don't know where I will be on Halloween.

cassandra54
09-27-2014, 01:35 PM
I'll be passing out treats as Cassandra. So I guess I'll be a middle-aged woman or a cougar. I wouldn't be surprised if some people don't notice at all.

5150 Girl
09-27-2014, 02:26 PM
I'm going as Howard stern as a catholic school girl with pleated red mini school skirt with white ruffle blouse with matchin red tie & hat white over the knee socks with bows & white lacey bra with white lacey nylon thong 1 match&black high heels.

Ahhh, Howard Stern.... He's one of a kind... You kids remember this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesO_5zO3cs Start watching at 1:25, that's when it gets ummm... interesting?

Sarasometimes
09-27-2014, 05:01 PM
It was a 2013 movie but Amy Adams or Jennifer Lawrence in American Hustle were beyond hot! Great wardrobe and even better hair! You can Google popular female celeb over ....age too for ideas.

A link to young ones but

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls059672179/

Enjoy and remember it is the subtle little things that make a great costume. The right shade of nail color or a perfect bracelet or watch....

~Joanne~
09-27-2014, 07:18 PM
That's so funny. I really wanted to be bat girl last Halloween. I don't know why either; it just seemed really great. I didn't have the courage last year. I hadn't fully dressed at all and wanted to try that for my first time. Maybe that's what I should do this year. I sort of forgot about that until I read that post. Thanks Joanne. :)

Your welcome, I guess lol If your going to do the "sexy" batgirl then your in luck because they are all over the place but if you want an authentic Batgirl your going to be disappointed all over the place. It's so hard just to find the cowl alone let alone any other things you may need. Of coarse if you skilled enough and creative, you can make one but that's just not me ;)

karanne
09-27-2014, 07:34 PM
I think I'm going to do a female Green Lantern. Black tights, stiletto boots, and a green turtleneck leotard. I can get the mask and a glowing ring online.

Sarasometimes
09-27-2014, 07:51 PM
When I used to dress for Halloween I always wanted to wear real women's clothes not a women's Halloween costume from the rack. I have been Devil in a Blue Dress (homemade high heeled sneakers, alligator hat (alligator fabric...) Zsa Zsa Gabor when she hit the cop, Kristi Yamaguchi for milk....The best thing about Halloween is you can be what YOU most want to be. Enjoy to all who get to be who they want to be!!

looking_good
10-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Hoping to pull off Sonny and Cher this year. My wife's idea - and a good one.

Madilyn A.
10-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Paula,

I'm thinking you have too much class for a Sara Palin, but she seems to still be relevant, for those of us who remember the golden years of the 50's TV shows and everyone's favorite mom, June Cleaver. Her iconic attire is to die for.

MsVal
10-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Has anyone ever gone as a woman dressed as a male character?

macada10
10-10-2014, 03:47 PM
haha, certainly I had a female friend who was steward in Icelandic air...my gosh...

Any Ideas sister???????

NV Susan
10-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Flo from Progressive.

I went out two years ago as Flo....had a great time. Sure wished Flo wore skirts or dresses though.

S. Lisa Smith
10-10-2014, 09:12 PM
Emma peel!!!!!

UNDERDRESSER
10-10-2014, 10:06 PM
Oh! Miss Peel! Man, I had a thing for Diana Rigg as a teenager.

I am going to a party, and I have the option of dressing at work too, I want to go the party in a skirt, at least, even if not dressed. It's a good opportunity to introduce some more of my friends to the fact that I like skirts. I don't know if I want to wear a costume, or just wear something a bit fancier than I wear around the house. I found a dress at the thrift store, very plain, could pass for a medieval style tunic, I have some orange tights, to begin the Halloween theme, but don't know what else to do. Any thoughts?

Claire Cook
10-26-2014, 07:00 AM
Sue and I spent a week working in a vineyard in Napa (but not Claire...:sigh:). So we are going as vineyard denizens -- she'll be the vineyard cat, and I'm planning to be the Goddess of the Grapes -- purple dress, 3" grape cluster earrings and lots of grapevine cluster (headdress, necklace, belt).