PDA

View Full Version : Victoria's Secret is that they're totally cool

Shelby
01-20-2006, 08:03 PM
So I am participating in a murder mystery show and have been asked to play a female part since there are no male parts and I'm really good at improv. The director wants me to think of Rita Hayworth, so yesterday I bought a gown at Ruffles'n lace (awesome people by the way) and they recommended a corset as well. I have the breast cincher, and enhancers on delievery already, but I needed nylons. So while at the Mall of Amercia looking for Rita Hayworth vidoes, which I found 3 good ones, I went down to one of the VicSecs. I roamed a little until I made eye contact with a young girl (I'm 30, she's gotta be in her young 20's) I was hoping for an adult(35 to 50) I think they have seen more and understand more - wrong!!! The sales assoc. appraoched as she should and asked If I needed help. I said I need some nylons ---- for myself. She smirked, giggled then I explained why and what I was doing and she excepted it. I felt good that I wasn't lying to her, I honestly needed nylons, not for a girlfriend or wife, but for me! So she showed me some styles, but I felt thigh highs would be better - one less thing to remove if I have to go to the bathroom and she suggested a garter. She even was telling me her preferences - girl talk now. She showed me 2 different ones - a plain looking garter and a lacy one. I'm thinking oh man, who cares. Simple is practical, but lace is devine right? So she suggested that I choose the lace one, that I would like it better and that's the one she would have choosen. I also asked about a padded panty to enhance my hips, since I have none. She didn't think they had any, and asked another girl who got the jist of the situation. She too smirked and giggled at first, but helped answermy question. They were geniunely interested in my needs and after selecting 2 types of nylons and a garter, I thanked them for there help and made my purchase. I did ask the girl helping me if she ever has helped other guys make purchases for themselves and she said a few times. So I guess never base help on age, the young ones are probbably just as interested in what you need. And I didn't feel like a perv buying anything except for the guy standing behind me in line who was buying just some perfume. FYI - when walking in the mall with a VicSecs bag, be prepared to be stopped by girls at the kiosks peddling lotions and manicure items thinking you have a significant other. I almost blew it after getting my finger nail polished when she asked if I consider purchasing the product and I stopped myself just short from saying no I don't have a girlfriend - now explain the bag!

Shelby

Talon DeRojo
01-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Dewdakota - Thanks for sharing your story! BTW - you can get padded panties from Frederick's of Hollywood.
Talon

Summer
01-20-2006, 10:41 PM
It has become kind of fun going to Victoria's Secret to shop. I buy all my undie and bra's there. Kind of expensive but when you consider who its for expense is the last thing you should think of.
I have the same problem with hips. But the padded undies are sooooo un comfortable. I just go with out.
Have fun with the acting gig.
All the Best Summer:clap:

Ava Mouse
01-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Fredericks of Hollywood has padded panty's on line.

Good luck! AND post some pics! We'd love to see and dream we were in your situation!

Shelby
01-21-2006, 12:49 AM
I bought some padded panties at an online store called the crossdressing store.com in florida. I hope they arraive in time for the show. As for a pic, I fully expect there to a few cameras flashing at me one way or another. So I'll get one and perhaps post it. I never knew Rita Hayworth was so hot, think of Nicole Kidman, and Jennifer Garner merged as one actress and add in some dancing and singing. I know she died in 87, but I'm in love with her.

Shelby

Angela Burke
01-21-2006, 12:58 AM
I've got those padded panties from Fredericks.
I don't have a butt or hips and they do look good under a skirt.
The downside is I find them murder to wear!

sally anne
01-21-2006, 01:02 AM
V S where I shop has a young salesgirl, 21 or so, who is great. I have gone there for all of my lingerie for the last 3 years. She treats me like any gg customer, with respect and care. Thank God for Victoria's.
Love the bras and pantyhose that I buy there.

charly
01-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Hi Shelby, do you remember the name of the girl helping you? I'm also in the Twin Cities area and am painfully shy when it comes to shopping. I would definately feel more comfortable buying from someone who would be very understanding. And have you ever been to Lily's Boutique? You should check them out before they close at the end of the month. Thats about the only place that I'll ever feel comfortable enough to actually try on a dress.

JoAnnDallas
01-24-2006, 10:25 AM
I love Victoria Secrets.. In fact last month right before Xmas, wife and I were in the local Mall and were passing by VS. I decided right then and there it go in and get a Angel Card. Wife (BTW doesn't know about JoAnn) asked why and I said it is how you get on the list for the catalog. So she just said "I'll wait out her" and I went in. I asked the sales person that I want to get a Angle Card and she did not blink a eye and said "Come over to the regester". She asked me a couple of questions as she put the data into the computer and then she handed me my temp card. I did ask if many men get a Angel Card and she replied that more men than women come in and get one.

BTW, I took one of my grand-neices shopping and we stopped in VS. I asked her her opion on some items. She thinks her farvoite Uncle is werid, but she loves me.

Julia Cross
01-24-2006, 10:38 AM
Looking forward to hearing about the night!

Julia

Shelby
01-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Sorry, I didn't get the name of the girl helping me. All I can tell you is that I went to the Victoria's Secret store on the south side of the mall. The help you get may depend on your story. I gone in before during the Valentines time and used the line about a gift for the girlfriend which is what they hear from everyone. Be mindful of the time of day and day of the week. You know how crazy the MOA gets on weekends. Best of luck.

Julia Cross
01-24-2006, 04:42 PM
i really don't think you need to worry. As said earlier, they have encountered men buying things before, and even for themselves and really don't care. it's a sale, and for some they even enjoy serving a man as opposed to a woman all the time.

I say, go in as if it were natural and you will be treated naturally.

Julia