PDA

View Full Version : interesting mystery subplot- sort of cd related- to my view, at least

Krististeph
08-22-2014, 03:37 AM
Ran across something that may be of interest to those of us interested in the psychology of crossdressing: This was in an episode of “Case Histories” with Jason Isaacs, series 2, episode 2, I’ll try to avoid spoilers…

It’s not really anything to do with crossdressing, but it has aspects of what I see myself doing, and what I’d almost be willing to bet money on that others do- and perhaps have felt to a degree, regarding dressing up. I’m not making any claims, nor commenting- nothing political or otherwise- when I saw this I thought immediately though of how many men would have liked to (be able to) do this… and how it would be perceived differently if it were a male doing this. I’ve never heard a case of this actually happening with a female as portrayed in the episode, although perhaps without the hiding the money or hiding the actions, it may occur regularly when wives are regularly ignored for whatever reason.

The wife of a bookie (horse racing book maker- betting odds and such) was suspected of doing her husband in (accidental death was questionable). She (the wife) denied it, but the police were either not sure or they needed to eliminate her as most likely, so they tailed her, thinking a receipt for a bottle of champaign at a resturaunt would eventually lead to a hidden lover, motive for murder and all that.

So the cops follow her to this little hideaway, and bust in on her thinking of finding the lover- a tryst (sp?)- what ever. Instead, they find her all dressed up in an expensive gown, lounging in a small warehouse like storage area roughly half closet, half lounge/parlor room, and the wife, quite alone, sitting with a glass of wine, perhaps reading a book and listening to music. Here’s the upshot, stop reading now if you want the surprise:

She wanted to go out and have fun, but her husband ignored her. Over the years, she took money from the till of their joint business (it was half hers) and bought nice things for herself that her husband would not, and made herself a get-away to go to where she could feel as if going out and socializing without always having to go out in public alone.

I may be reading a little into this, but I could see this happening with a man feeling he had to keep his crossdressing hidden from his wife. (Not the murder/accidental death part.) In fact, if I had been in her place, being female, and had no place to go out with my spouse (due to his lack of desire to do anything with me, as described in the episode). She spent her money the way she wanted, did not run the business into debt, at least no more so than the husband who was often drunk during and after business hours, to the point of impairing the ability to run the business as reasonable profitable.

Anyway, you can hopefully see why this little vignette got my interest, the first thing that popped into my mind was “Oh- we have to make a new forum on CD.COM: Female to Female (non-?)crossdressing. After a little chuckle about that, I wonder, do women ever dress up fancy for no real reason and just have a little party or fun evening to themselves?

I don’t know of any (non-tg) male to (non-tg) male equivalent activity like that, but women are not really just a female counterpart of men- they have a significantly more complex social dynamic with other women. Even if just emailing. Tweeting, or blogging the evening away, has anyone ever heard of any female putting on a nice (not just comfortable) outfit on to make a little more of an event?

I’d consider this a little like making a nice meal for one’s self, and setting the table nicely, something you might not ordinarily do for yourself, yeah, there’s a lot of little details that can change stuff, and we can argue forever about what it “really” means- but I just saw this as an example of someone who wanted something life had not made readily available (without cheating on her husband), so she did it for herself. There is a fair similarity in my crossdressing, even though my wife knows about it, and for the most part is au fait with it (and she knows about most of my clothes- at least the pretty fancy outfits).

Anyway, I thought it was a neat little plot twist. As to what really happened to the husband, you’ll have to watch (or google) it… Be warned- if you do watch the episode- you probably want to see the previous episode to get the character dynamics a bit better. And be doubly warned- whoever chose the mood music/songs for the story, consistently chose this awful winn-gey whiney bad coffee-house music with female "i'm-really-taking-it-to-seriously” and “I’m-used-to-tweeting-about-every-little-thing-I-feel-because-it-is-so-deep” bad lyrics.

I guess that’s one thing you’ll find cd’s doing less of than the average girl (writing music like that), I think you have to deal with a little tougher emotions as a rule, or something. But hey, listen to the music and tell me I’m wrong. I won’t argue, I just won’t let your playlist near my ‘pod. :-)

Marcelle
08-22-2014, 05:42 AM
Hi Krististeph,

Interesting story and interesting plot. Hard to say if there is any non-TG male equivalent. Perhaps it might be a "Fantasy Football" where the guy has a bit of escapism to his normal drab day and gets to play "team owner" . . . really not sure . . . or perhaps those "Civil War" re-enactments where the non-TG guy dresses up as a Southern Calvary officer or Union General (TGs are more likely to dress up as a Southern Belle :)). I may just have to check out the show . . . thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Isha

bridget thronton
08-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Interesting plot line thanks for sharing your thoughts

Katey888
08-23-2014, 06:20 AM
I think there's something in this, Krististeph - but I don't think many of us here would be prepared to admit it even if we were to recognise the same behaviour in ourselves... and sadly, GGs who might do this type of thing, probably don't visit this hallowed place to be able to comment - but I bet there are plenty...

Take it a little further and imagine how good it makes one feel to fantasise that one is attractive, sought after, even desired - in a relationship where perhaps affection has diminished over time and where the SO won't (or can't) make the effort to be more feminine and 'girly'. Is it possible that some of us get a little fantasy rush from this aspect..? I think it's possible...

Imagination can be an incredibly powerful force when channeled in this way... :)

Katey x