PDA

View Full Version : FtM crossdressers on television

ReginaK
01-20-2006, 10:07 PM
It's starting right now for the Central Time zone. Seems pretty cool. Basically, a writer living as a man to find out what men are like.

Just thought i'd give you guys a heads up.

Bah. I screwed up the title, but you get it. :o

mistunderstood
01-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Thank you.

Darlena
01-21-2006, 12:23 PM
I saw it. Very revealing about men. I wish more women could go out in drag and see how the other half lives. You can skip the monastery experience however.

CaptLex
01-21-2006, 08:20 PM
I caught it by accident. Very interesting. Personally, I thought she looked pretty cool as a guy. I could totally relate when she said, "gender is in your brain". :thumbsup:

Gilded Graper
01-22-2006, 05:44 PM
FTM Nora Vincent is scheduled to appear on a number of other TV and radio talk shows the week of January 23:

1/23: ABC's Good Morning America

1/24: NBC's Today show, XM Satellite Radio's Take 5/Broadminded

1/25: NPR's Talk of the Nation, WNYC's The Leonard Lopate Show, Paula Zahn
Now on CNN, The Colbert Report on Comedy Central

1/26: Michelangelo Signorile on Sirius Satellite Radio, Fox News' Dayside,
NBC's Late Night With Conan O'Brien

1/27: Court TV's Catherine Crier Live

1/28: CNN Saturday Night

1/29: FOX News' Big Story Weekend

Helen MC
01-22-2006, 06:22 PM
About 10 years back they did this on a UK Television Channel with some girls in their late teens or early 20s dressing not merely in male clothing but to pass as males. They called it "Drag Kings".

Of course if a woman merely wants to wear men's clothing it has for years been very easy for her to do so and nobody bats an eyelid, unlike a man wearing a skirt etc.

mistunderstood
01-22-2006, 10:56 PM
You are right about it being easier for us to cross dress. But it is harder to find people and places that are supportive. It took me 2 months to find this group. Lot of reading on this subject bearly mentions F2M.

watts
01-23-2006, 11:43 PM
We watched Nora in my Gender Psychology class today. The monastary and wilderness experience seemed more creepy than anything, but she had a lot of very insightful comments and overall I thought it quite well done.