PDA

View Full Version : Boutique shopping

emmicd
01-21-2006, 03:18 AM
Did you ever have the urge to shop in a womens boutique and be fitted for your favorite dresses by a sales girl?

If so please elaborate.

Also if you have tried on femme clothes with the assistance from a sales girl please describe the experience.

Is it worth trying?

emmi

urban gypsy
01-21-2006, 03:29 AM
Now prepare to be envious.
Wife taking me clothes shopping today to our favorite shop where the assistant are really helpful.
Its such a chore to get the right look.
let you know later what I got and how it went

Sophia Rearen
01-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Urban Gypsy, yes, I'm envious. Going to a shop and with your wife.:thumbsup:
Emmi, yes I would love to go to a boutique for a dress. Have not done it, yet. I have gone to a bath boutique and had a blast shopping with the owner. She liked me so much, she gave me a gift certificate for lunch at the neighboring restaraunts.

urban gypsy
01-21-2006, 10:19 AM
Hi
just got back from shopping the only thing i found that I liked was a pair of boots and a pair of light biege jean to go with them.
My wife got two pairs of shoes and two pairs of footless tights and a couple of skirts.
but I must admit that evans boutiques here in the uk have the most wonderful assistants that are all so helpful.
the two local ones that i use are very cd friendly.
so go on girls give them a go.

Oh! I got side tracked the boots i got should have been £85.00 but i got them for a small price of £15.00.
so here is a quick picture of them

Deanna2
01-21-2006, 10:40 AM
I don't generally shop in boutiques because I find them woefully expensive. However, I do find that trolling through their throw-out racks/bins can yield some great gear at cheap prices.

Monica55cd
01-21-2006, 10:54 AM
I don't know if this qualifys as a boutique.. but those little clothes shops in strip malls that are usually owned and operated by asian women?? anyway this one I go by on the way home from work the owner has gotten to know me an she gave a frequent shopper card and give me suggetions on outfits... I've shared my pics with her and she was very kind in her response to them....In fact last week was the first time I went there on a day off in the morning when it wasn't crowded with my things..( wig makeup shoes bra forms etc...) and i tryed on a few things with the whole look it was both terrifiying and wonderful at the same time... in my heels I was standing my head over the top of the dressing booths and all of a sudden a GG gets in the booth next to me i was so nervous....but now i cant wait to spend the whole day dressed and shopping some time again soon...

NylonMan
01-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Hi, nice boots. Did you go shopping enfemme, or drab? If drab did you wear nylons under your pants to try the boots on, or did you get a pair of knee highs from the store?

Lots of questions I know, but I have often wondered what you do when you go shoe shopping in drab.

urban gypsy
01-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Hi
When shopping for femme items I do have a habit of going dressed low key fem, like today I was in girls jeans, boho sequined blouse, chunky knit cardi,NYLONS and ballet pumps.
Small amount of make up jewellery and my short ginger highlighted wig.
But you must consider that I only go shopping en fem with my SO.
but its worth it cos my new boots are really comfortable and such a good fit straight from the box its quite unbelivable.

Sweet Susan
01-21-2006, 03:59 PM
I once went to a chic consignment botique in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle. I thought I would be in friendly territory. After only a couple of minutes in the shop, a frumpy, middle-aged woman approached me and asked what I wanted. Not can I help you find anything, but "what do you want." I explained that I was looking for something for my wife, and after she asked what size she wore, and I explained that she was about "your" size, maybe a size smaller, she assisted me ever so brusquely, often saying, we don't carry that size. So, I left. I couldn't stand it, though, as I saw so many things that I liked, so I turned around and went back. I nervously walked up to her and told her flat out, "I'm a crossdresser, and I apologize for not being forthright with you earlier, but I am really looking for something for myself." She looked at me with a rather distainful expression and said, "This may surprise you, but just because my shop is in Capitol Hill, that doesn't mean that I cater to transvestites. Please leave." I left. I went to another shop in the area, and didn't have that problem there, but I didn't find anything either. Oh, well.

MsEva
01-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Wow, that was harsh Susan, sorry to hear about that. I guess your money was no good there.:mad:

ERIKA1963
01-21-2006, 04:33 PM
I've been going out in public for years dressed up nothing special until my last trip, I went to a store in one of those strip malls in springfield to but some shoes I bought two pairs of heels, I'm wearing them in my pics I posted the other day I had a great time and I also go to the mall to do my shopping I've had some great experiences and some not so good ones so just take it in stride and if you have a bad time next time maybe you won't good luck! ERIKA1963 :o

MsEva
01-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Very nice look Erica...congrats on your shopping trips!

Jodi
01-25-2006, 10:35 PM
Emmi, I shop all the time in boutiques and women's clothing stores, most of the time in drab. I find it's no big deal. There are probably a dozen stores where I'm a regular customer. In several of the stores, the SA will come into the fitting room to check the fit and style after I've tried it on.

I was just shopping yesterday at Woodbury Commons Mall. That is the designer outlet mall just northwest of NYC. I tried on clothes at BCBG, Adrienne Vittidini, Neiman Marcus Last call, and Anne Klein. Tried on shoes at Via Spiga, Stuart Weismann. I was in drab, and had no problems.

Don't let fear paralyze you.

Jodi