PDA

View Full Version : Does your wife or so know you're here?

Lena
08-25-2014, 08:56 PM
My wife is quasi accepting, she knows about panties and painted nails etc but she doesn't know I'm on the forum. I wonder how many sos know about the postings. Does your SO see what you post? Do they see your pics, threads, posts?

phylis anne
08-25-2014, 09:11 PM
Hi Lena ,
I am somewhat lucky in the area of the computer as my wife is not interested in it!! nor sadly can I tell her of my other self
thanks phylis

Anna H
08-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Mine does. She can see anything i write anytime she'd like.

She's not much interested....she has her own things she likes,
but she can if she wants to.

I always email her my new pictures so she can tell me her opinion.

It's great that i can have lots of girlfriends and she's not threatened
or bothered by it at all. How many guys can say that....lol!

:)

Amanda1128
08-25-2014, 09:27 PM
No my so knows nothing about my alter ego.

Sometimes Steffi
08-25-2014, 09:30 PM
Nope. Not at all. One of the advantages of a DADT agreement is that I'm not supposed to tell.

Mostly what I tell is when I'm leaving and when I'm returning. She doesn't want to now where I'm going,whom I'm with or what I'm wearing.

ChelseyD
08-25-2014, 10:04 PM
Nope. Mine doesn't know a thing about this forum.

Karren J
08-25-2014, 10:08 PM
Yes. She's been asked to join to speak to other SO's and gain some insight in to my mind but had declined.

Jenniferathome
08-25-2014, 10:10 PM
I invited my wife to join this forum, so yes, she sees all she wants. I have nothing to hide from her.

suchacutie
08-25-2014, 10:11 PM
My lovely wife and I discuss any thread I wish to bring up to her. She knows I've been here from day 3 of Tina's existence and knows my name here, so she certainly could look around at any time.

Jilmac
08-25-2014, 10:12 PM
Not only does my SO know that I'm here, she is a member of the GG forum.

Emi_
08-25-2014, 10:15 PM
My wife knows and approves. We have a very open line of communication about everything in our marriage.

Allison Chaynes
08-25-2014, 10:22 PM
She knows I'm here but as far as I know she does not come here.

lexivanderpump
08-25-2014, 10:23 PM
She supports me dressing up, painting nails, shaving legs, etc. But does not know I am here.

Love,
Lexi

Rachael Leigh
08-25-2014, 11:09 PM
Yes mine knows about the site and did try and join but had some technical issues and never could.
My wife is mostly non accepting and knows I dress and has seen a few of my pictures

Kris Avery
08-25-2014, 11:13 PM
I have the best SO in the universe...she supports me in all aspects of the CD and GD that I have and is even on the forum.
She is more of a lurker but has posted. :D

Donnagirl
08-25-2014, 11:15 PM
Yep she knows I'm here... She's here as well. And I'm truly grateful for the support the FAB group have provided her.
There are no secrets between us, (well at least none other than those necessitated by the constraints of the FAB or GM forum controls.) It has been a major contributor to saving our relationship, helping us both to learn what I am!!!

UNDERDRESSER
08-25-2014, 11:55 PM
Given that I have my font sizes fairly large, due to having crappy eyesight, she can probably read the screen from where she is sitting behind me.

Laura28
08-26-2014, 12:12 AM
My wife is very supportive and I have told about the forum and have talked about threads. But as far as I know she has never been on or checked it out.

Samantha_Smile
08-26-2014, 02:32 AM
Mine is a member here.
She used to post too.
But unfortunately, there are some people on the forum, I'll assume we all know who they are, that like to gang up on people who hold an opinion that makes them feel threatened in some way.
And as such, the forum lost a wonderful member and potential contribution.

She still lurks, and still calls the same people out for being d***heads on a regular basis.

Sorry...
Yes, she knows lol

bridget thronton
08-26-2014, 02:41 AM
She knows I am here. Not sure which forums she has tried, but she does not participate in a year now.

ringedjohn
08-26-2014, 03:11 AM
She supports my underdressing - bra and panties - but does not know about this forum. She is a very occasional computer-user.

Raychel
08-26-2014, 06:02 AM
My wife know I am a member here, I don't think she has ever looked at the forum, but there are no secrets here.
if she wants to come look around, I would be totally fine with that.

Laura J
08-26-2014, 06:16 AM
My wife knows, I don't think she ever visits though...

muslegirl
08-26-2014, 06:28 AM
My wife is very supportive and I have told about the forum and have talked about some of what i've learned But i'm new here she has never been on or checked it out dont know that she'd want to but she did say if i ever get the courage up to go out fully dressed she would go on a girl date with me....just dont think ill ever "pass"

noeleena
08-26-2014, 06:35 AM
Hi,

When i told Jos what i was doing and that meant going to meetings with others who were dressers trans people and many others gay as wellwomen , night people pros if you like street sleepers = homeless , and many other places most people would not wont to be seen at,

And the many forums im on Jos knew full well what i was doing yes she read some of my posts letters and emails because some times i had her check over my writings because of my dyslexca because i did need help there,

One of the parts of what i was doing and said to Jos i was going to meet many people and many 1000,s of and of cause this included womens groups as well,

For our time together i wonted / needed Jos to know me and what i was involved in and those groups of people ,

Jos helped me in so many many ways she may not understand the all of it yet she just helped me ,,,,,,,SO MUCH,,,,,,,, i know with out her it would have been very hard and Jos and our daughter - Kaylyn and Dejarn - grandchild, came with me and got to know some i spent time .with , many doors were opened for myself , so i took with me those who mean a lot to me,

I never hid any thing from Jos i,v allways been open with her she,,,,,, was,,,,,, my mate for 35 years, .......

...noeleena...

BLUE ORCHID
08-26-2014, 07:18 AM
Hi Lena, My DA/DT wife don't what to know.

Krisi
08-26-2014, 07:21 AM
I have not told my wife about this forum. There are things posted here that I would rather her not read.

Gretchen_To_Be
08-26-2014, 08:33 AM
My wife knows I am on the forum. She has read a few threads trying to understand CD...and me...a bit better. I encouraged her to join but English is not her first language, and she said she would be embarrassed by making mistakes in her writing.

If a Mod reads this, I would encourage you to consider broadening your potential membership by allowing language specific threads, especially Spanish as the US population will very soon reach a population of 20% Hispanic origin. I understand those sections would be more difficult to moderate but I'm sure you could find Mods for the most popular languages.

DanielleLee
08-26-2014, 08:37 AM
My wife does not know, however I wouldn't have an issue if she were to read my posts. I would be hesitant for her regularly visit the forum, because as Krisi said above... there are conversations or topics I would rather her not see. I wouldn't want her to lump all CDs together as a collective and think we're all this way or the other..

~Joanne~
08-26-2014, 08:50 AM
The last secret I had from My SO was my dressing so, Yes, she knows I am on the forum. I share some posts with her and sometimes some pictures if I think she may find them interesting (only in the sections she could see if she joined) but she doesn't have any desire to join her self.

mechamoose
08-26-2014, 09:08 AM
And you haven't invited your accepting partner here *why*?

Participation here would be a benefit for both of you, sweetie!

- MM

Tiffany Jane
08-26-2014, 09:16 AM
I have not told my SO about the forum. As a new member, wanted to feel it out first. I believe she would actually join, because she would probably like to have other opinions and knowledge of the forum to discuss the topics she may not yet feel comfortable asking me. She has been supportive of my activities around the house.
The little time I have been here, I have become more accepting of my own behavior. Went to work last night to deliver a schedule in shorts, after shaving my legs just hours before. Much to my wifes surprise. Thinking that I will tell her about the forum to explain why I have a little more confidence about things like this.
Also I can't stand facebook. So to tell her I won't do facebook, but will chat/ post with people I don't even know may come as a large surprise.

Linda Leigh
08-26-2014, 09:38 AM
My wife does not anything about this part of me :(

MsVal
08-26-2014, 11:22 AM
Oh, yes, indeed. After my disclosure nearly a year ago we went through a rough patch that resulted in a completely open and honest relationship.

My wife is my best friend, my ally, my personal cheerleader. She is aware of this forum and although she is not interested in logging in, she is interested in the articles I read to her and my responses.

I was reading to her as we ate breakfast this morning.

RebeccaLynne
08-26-2014, 11:29 AM
I told my GF six months into our now over seven year relationship. She created an account here in late October of '07, posted six times within less than a month, and hasn't visited since. Although she was warmly welcomed and received lots of supportive posts, she is decidedly unaccepting. She knows I CD frequently (we don't live together) and I've been en femme in her presence just twice in all that time. She tried, is uncomfortable with it, and just wishes I wouldn't crossdress at all.

She knows I really enjoy this site, reading far more posts than I reply to. I tell her about some of the threads in which I've posted if I think she'd be interested in hearing them; this'll probably be one of those. I'm totally an open book with her, and she understands that I'll most likely continue CD'ing throughout my lifetime. So I would say she's at least tolerant, or we wouldn't still be a couple. I do enjoy spending time with her, although it's always in "guy" mode... were she amenable to embracing all of me, a marriage proposal would most likely be in the offing... she knows that, so now it's her call. We'll see...:idontknow:

Cheryl T
08-26-2014, 12:23 PM
My SO is sitting about 5 feet away as I type.
She is also a member and when I came out to her I asked her to come here and read the posts so we could have more information to add to our talks about this.
She is free to read everything I post and also what ever anyone else posts. If she finds something particularly interesting or confusing then we take the time to talk about it.

Bria
08-26-2014, 01:08 PM
I have shown this site to my wife and I think that she has lurked some but not joined. Frequently I will show here a thread that I think is interesting or will tickle her funny bone, or show her some pictures. I think that the forum has helped her understand to some extent that which we do.Hugs, Bria

CynthiaD
08-26-2014, 01:19 PM
I've shown my wife the site, and suggested that she join, but I don't think she's interested.

Katey888
08-26-2014, 02:19 PM
My wife doesn't know the vivacious, feminine, facsimile that I try to be exists at all... :eek:

I expect she would find this all rather odd, but it would be interesting to one day just to randomly show it to her as a guest and see if she recognised anyone...

...or perhaps not...

I wouldn't hide it from her if she knew... :)

Katey x

Justine Time
08-26-2014, 02:21 PM
Unfortunately, no! I'm not married, but do have a girlfriend, and it's never gone well when I've made my revelation. Like many others, the best I've ever achieved, in "Quasi acceptance."

Melissa_59
08-26-2014, 02:23 PM
Yes, my SO knows I'm here. She knows my username and if she wants she can read anything I post, I have no problems with it.

~Melissa

Athena_
08-26-2014, 02:30 PM
I have mentioned this site to my SO. She has never asked more about it. Being in a DADT relationship, I will leave it up to her if she wants more information about this site. I have shared with her some diet tips that I found here and we have both been benefiting from them. I did tell her where I found out about those tips, and she seemed ok with it. I often share the Jokes I find here with the entire family.

flatlander_48
08-26-2014, 06:14 PM
My wife joined a couple of years ago. She reads the posts from time to time and we talk about some of them occasionally. She does post, but not terribly often. She has great sensitivity for the Human Condition and I think some of the posts worry her a bit as when people are having a hard time. Every now and then I will point out something that I wrote, but I don't know if she makes a point to go looking for things. But, whatever I write would be the same whether she is here or not.

Sister Rachel
08-26-2014, 06:18 PM
Yes, I no longer minimize or bring up another window if Anne comes in when I'm on this site .. usually get a bit of a sigh and/ or roll of the eyes, nothing worse :-)

darla_g
08-26-2014, 06:20 PM
Mine knows I come here, she is a member too but not very active. She told me she was happy i told her as it wasn't like i was sneaking around behind her back. She really didn't care much.

Steph_CD_62
08-26-2014, 06:41 PM
I've told her that I am here, but she has no desire to come and check out this site.
She accepts me for who I am, and she fully supports me...... but I know that she would happier if I would quit dressing although she would never ask me to stop or expect me to stop dressing.

alwayshave
08-26-2014, 06:41 PM
My fiancee knows I belong and she may have looked at some of my posts. I believe that when I first came out to her 7 years ago this was one of the places she went for information.

Stevie
08-26-2014, 07:21 PM
No she does not know. I want her to but I know what her reaction would be.

PattiL
08-26-2014, 07:44 PM
My wife doesn't know about Patti or that I'm here.

Robin777
08-26-2014, 08:15 PM
My wife knows I am here. She hasn't asked me about it. She knows all about my dressing and is very supportive. I don't know if she has ever been here or not.

heatherdress
08-26-2014, 10:27 PM
My wife knows and is fine with it. She can look at anything. She likes the supporting nature of the site.

Nadya
08-26-2014, 11:07 PM
Well, my fiancé knows I'm on this site and she's even the one that takes my pictures for me but she doesn't see what I post. I've tried to encourage her to read what's on the forums but she doesn't usually have a lot time to devote to that.

MarcellaMcNul
08-26-2014, 11:33 PM
I showed my SO this site almost 4yrs ago.She was duly impressed but would rather spend her limited free time on her own interests...like browsing Amazon dot com.

mechamoose
08-26-2014, 11:45 PM
Even in my 'blessed' situation.. 100% acceptance, even *encouragement* from my wife... total acceptance from my kids (12 to 30)... She opened an account here and kind of fell off. It didn't resonate. She was *fine* with what was going on. She didn't have conflicts to mull over.

Maybe our "accepting" partner's lack of participation here is a *good* sign?

Normal is normal, right?

- MM

Lacey New
08-27-2014, 06:20 AM
OH no. She has no idea about Lacey and i intend to keep it that way. It would never work.

Crissy Kay
08-27-2014, 08:37 AM
No, as we have our own pc's in different rooms. Also I do not think she would have any interest in the site anyway. We joke about my cding once in a while, but that's about it.

dominique
08-27-2014, 08:44 AM
No. She wouldn't be interested.

Sissy_Michelle
08-27-2014, 09:19 AM
Yes my wife knows about this forum and from time to time we'll read the many posts that are posted here. I am not sure if she comes here on her own, but when I access this site from home or am reading posts she will sit with me and read some with me and offer comments or opinions.

@--}-----

shelly1
08-27-2014, 09:26 AM
no mine does not anything about this site

Shara
08-30-2014, 05:38 AM
Yes, but she thinks I do not visit here anymore. Like to keep it that way

Marcelle
08-30-2014, 05:42 AM
Hi Lena,

Yes she does. When I came out to her we agreed to hide nothing so she knows about this forum and how much it helps me. She has read some of my posts and seen all my pictures.

Hugs

Isha

ClosetED
08-30-2014, 05:49 AM
I began a divorce-threat event 2 yrs ago by asking her to read this forum, rather than the wives of CD site. She refused. I continued to occasionally post and support during DADT. She demanded I not post here about 4 months ago due to fears police were lurking to catch me or blackmailers were waiting to get details and extort money. Now she is ready to live as housemates only and I have her permission to be here.
I was hoping to share this wonderful site with her, but she is too closed minded.

Zoe B
08-30-2014, 09:29 AM
My wife knows about this site and me, I have never had a secret from her and I am lucky enough to have her full support and encouragement.

devida
08-30-2014, 04:17 PM
My wife is interested that I follow this site as closely as I do. I think it helps her recognize that I actually am transgender, and that the bras, panties, makeup and dresses aren't just a fashion fad. She listens if I tell her about a compelling topic that comes up here but she, afaik, has never bothered to look at the site. She has her own interests.

raven_crossdresser
08-30-2014, 08:08 PM
Mine does. I tried to keep dressing secret, but everything has been better since everything is out in the open.

CherylFlint
08-30-2014, 08:15 PM
Good question.
No, she doesn't, even though she "accepts" Cheryl and is "supportive".
I think she thinks "I'll grow out of it".
Thank you for asking that qestion. I never would've thought of it.

Della
08-30-2014, 11:44 PM
No. Not yet. After the subject of crossdressing first blind-sided my wife, and after some understandable discussions and time, I pulled up a few web sites for her to look at what it meant and did not mean. Now, we are in limbo on the subject. I prefer to wait a little before opening the door.

candykowal
08-30-2014, 11:49 PM
I don't think so...and I'm not sure she knows about Candy.
She does know I like to wear clear nail polish, soak in bath oil beads, moisturize, wear silky boxers, and a few other things.
I think she doesn't wanna know and we are in a don't tell, don't ask mode.
I have never got encouragement...so I keep my feminine side kind of low key.
My wife also has some depression issues and I do not want to add to those problems.
*sigh*....I see I have some company....

Requal Jo
08-30-2014, 11:59 PM
While my wife knows about my dressing she was not interested in the forum.

Erica2Sweet
08-31-2014, 12:21 AM
Yes, my Lady knows I'm here and occasionally reads what I write. She's very supportive of all facets of me, as I am of her. We hide absolutely nothing from one another.

I doubt, however, that she'll ever be convinced to participate on the forums. She possesses a great deal of knowledge about the subject of GD, but she abhors secrets and compartmentalizing, and there's just too much of that embraced here for her head not to explode upon her logging in.

Laura in NC
08-31-2014, 12:30 AM
My wife knows I'm here. She has made an account, but do not think has posted yet.

Tiffany Jane
08-31-2014, 12:39 AM
After a week of feeling I was hiding something, I told her yesterday. Is there ever a perfect time? She said she was fine with it and I had shared with her that I was almost nervous of being here because of the wide scope of what is shared here.

She had said she had looked at some websites to try to understand certain things about what I do. We both agreed we only want to be happy together and feel as though we can always talk about anything. She may or may not join, as I did invite her, but we confirmed our relationship would take center stage over whatever we do.

Thanks to all you ladies and gentleman (I still consider myself a man who likes to wear womens clothes) for supporting me through my mental and emotional processes directly and indirectly by sharing your stories, questions, and reflections.

Tina_gm
08-31-2014, 05:01 PM
Yes, in fact, when I opened up to her about CDing, I was lurking this site. It was actually my wife that suggested I become a member here. She has read some of my posts and others. It has helped her in some ways, as she has seen that there are many many on here who are married and have otherwise regular lives. But, she also has limitations on this site.... cares not to be a member and at times this site can bother her as well.

Danielle_cder
08-31-2014, 05:32 PM
yea she knows, doesn't participate but also knows that this is educational and helpful too me ;)

JayeLefaye
08-31-2014, 05:49 PM
I just recently joined, but had been a lurker back in 2009, just before I met my wife and moved from Washington, DC to Raleigh. To answer the question, yes, she knows I'm here, and also wants to join herself. She's a psychotherapist, in private practice, and I've convinced her that the resources here would help her with insight into her LGBTQ & transgender clients. She also wants to check it out to see if it's appropriate to guide her clients to.

Jaye