PDA

View Full Version : Basque Sizing

FrillyKnickers
01-21-2006, 07:42 AM
Hi All,

Can anyone help me get a properly fitting Basque?

I very much love Bodies and have always wanted a Basque, but have never seemed to find the right one. I am a size 38-40, I can wear a 38, but they are a bit tight, so always go for a 40.

Anyway, I can't really afford a made to measure Basque, so I have been actively searching for one that I can easily order online. The main problem I encounter is that I find a lot of them ride up too high; they aren't long enough!

I am only 5'7"-5'8", so I am not a giant, but I think I need to find one that does offer decent cover! I do have a bit of a belly on me, so I don't know if this should make a difference?

I am currently looking at purchasing a Gio Six-Strap Basque, which looks like it might be OK (I can provide a link if needed - I am new and don't really know the policy on links, I don't want to get banned on my first post!).

Can anyone provide me with some advice and recommendations? And comment on the Gio Basque?

Thanks.

Shelly Preston
01-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Hi Manson

Is it a Basque or a Corset you want, most Basques are soft and more flexible.
where as a Corset is firmer and will hold you in place better.
Corsets are also more expensive.

Shelby
01-21-2006, 04:37 PM
I needed a corset and was keen on looking at a department store. While surfing around I found this site called rufflesnlace.com Cassandra and Carol own the store are totally cool people. I bought a gown from them and I needed to slim down the tummy. After giving her my measurements, they both recommended a corset based on the dress, coverage, and support. They are no more pricer than others. I'm anxiously awaiting my corset and dress, but am confident that they will fit perfectly. Check them out, great site with beautiful gowns. If you need to measure yourself, and don't have a sewing tape, go to a fabric store. The more info you give Cassandra and Carol the more they can help you.

FrillyKnickers
01-22-2006, 02:48 AM
Thanks, but it is most definitely a Basque I am after.

I am based in the UK and the item I am interested in is this http://www.mytights.com/images/scaled/260x351/1483.jpg

Except in black! Hope the link is OK to post!

Any comments and advice would be great?

PAULINE61
01-22-2006, 10:50 AM
I remember when I first tried to buy a corset, got the sizes completely wrong. Then I found doreenfashions.co.uk, an excellent site in my opinion, and the staff are very helpful. When I had a problem with the sizes, Doreen helped me out and did'nt charge me for the exchanges. Give it a try, its got everything for the CD and delivery packages are very discrete.

Luv Pauline

FrillyKnickers
01-22-2006, 11:38 AM
Thanks Pauline.

I have looked on their website and emailed them, I will let you know what they have to say and offer!

Felicity
01-22-2006, 11:35 PM
As similar as a Basque is to a Corset, it seems to me the only one to fit right would be a custom fit. Myself, I believe a custom fit is required if you want to be happy with it, especially since a Basque is more an outer garment. isn't it?

Anyway, men's torso's are so much different than women's that such a tight fitting garment must be custom made, or a TG specific one. I have heard of TG corsets, but never a TG Basque. Maybe I'm wrong.

FrillyKnickers
01-23-2006, 02:27 AM
I am still considering a custom Basque, but I am still going to try a few alternative shop bought ones first before going down that path. A lot of the TG shops online seem to sell the non-TG variety, but so far none that I like the look of or quality of.

One of my main concerns with a custom Basque is getting the thing delivered unexpectedly, I always know when my orders arrive (next day delivery), but made to measure items can take anywhere between 1-3 weeks to arrive. I don't want my mail opened by someone else in my family (which does happen!).

I would imagine a lot of girls on this forum have purchased non-TG/shop bought Basques, if so please let me know how you have got on with them?

FrillyKnickers
01-25-2006, 02:26 AM
Well, I currently have an online non-TG store (who know I wear ladies lingerie) measuring the Gio Basque and will get back to me with their opinions. Although only really dealing with the GG figure, apparently they get a lot of requests by male wearers and so they are quite used to it.