PDA

View Full Version : The less than wonderful moments of dressing

Brittany CD
08-27-2014, 01:05 PM
I love to dress as a woman. I love to look in the mirror and not recognize myself and see myself completely changed. With that said, there are some aspects of crossdressing that are less than exciting for me. These are the parts of it that can be somewhat bothersome, which are;

1. Pantyhose gets torn easily and mine has some holes in it now, which is unfortunate because I love wearing pantyhose
2. Speaking of which, shaving is kind of a nuisance. Having shaved legs and a shaved chest may look and feel wonderful, but it's not always delightful to shave off, especially when you feel it growing back the next morning. The worst is the face because it's the most visible and grows back quickly.
3. I love wearing makeup but I wish I didn't have to apply it every time I become a woman.
4. Heels. I think that's self-explanatory

Agreements? Anything to add?

tommi
08-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Well I may be odd but I like shaving I even help my wife shave
Hate removing makeup and hate working with wig

charlenesomeone
08-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Love the feel of fresh shave, but agree its a pain.
Makeup, wish I was better but find it's not necessary all the time.
Clean up after makeup.
Putting all the clothes, wigs jewelry etc. away! haha

~Joanne~
08-27-2014, 01:22 PM
Pantyhose gets torn easily and mine has some holes in it now, which is unfortunate because I love wearing pantyhose

Make sure your toe nails and finger nails are clean, meaning no jagged edges, and take your time pulling them up. 6 out of 10 times my SO puts her fingers through them as she is pulling them up because she pulls too hard. I never seem to have this problem and a pair last me many wears. If you wear fake nails, put them on after you put your hose on.

Speaking of which, shaving is kind of a nuisance.

Always is, matter of fact, I just shaved and was thinking the same thing which explains why women just shave the parts seen. not all of them of coarse but a good majority do this. It's a price you to pay to look good.

I love wearing makeup but I wish I didn't have to apply it every time I become a woman.

Well unless your going to get it tattoo'd on, I guess thats a price you'll also have to pay to look more feminine. No one said this was easy lol

Heels. I think that's self-explanatory

I love heels, I have 35 pairs now and very few flats and such so I am a bit at lost to the "self explanatory" thing. I guess if your really not liking them, you shouldn't wear them or maybe your not getting the right fit. I dunno but I love my heels :D

lydialeighTNCD
08-27-2014, 01:22 PM
Shaving DOES suck. I shaved back in April and it looked great and my legs are nice but I get crazy razor burn and ingrown follicles and stuff. I kept my legs up for a while but then "had" to let everything grow back. Waiting for winter when maybe I can do it again. Thought about using something like Nair. Does that work well?

So because of not shaving, I don't want to wear any dresses I have because it just wouldn't be the same. So my main issue is basically just being limited to putting on a variation of the same outfit every time. (Tshirt, skirt, and leggings.)

Kate Simmons
08-27-2014, 01:23 PM
All part of the necessary process for myself Hon. :battingeyelashes::)

Julie Denier
08-27-2014, 01:25 PM
Wig + makeup = sweat, and this already sweaty fat guy doesn't need any more perspiration on my way to becoming a glowing, full-figured lady ;)

janec
08-27-2014, 01:28 PM
Love the feeling of shaving sometimes it can be a chore .love applying makeup to although not very good.
Unfortunately I don't have a wig or heels yet due to finances and not easy to find heees in male size 11

~Joanne~
08-27-2014, 01:33 PM
Actually size 11's are pretty common these days, Payless has tons of them. It's when you go past 11 you'll have a hard time finding them on the shelves.

janec
08-27-2014, 01:43 PM
Actually size 11's are pretty common these days, Payless has tons of them. It's when you go past 11 you'll have a hard time finding them on the shelves.

Are payless only in the US I am in the UK

Melissa18
08-27-2014, 01:50 PM
The only part of dressing I don't like, is putting the clothes and makeup away, that's when I know the session is over.
I love it all.
Love Adelaide

Teresa
08-27-2014, 02:08 PM
Tights problem solved by wearing stockings, I buy multipacks so you only throw one away at a time !
Shaving legs I think everyone is different, I tried to stick to twice a week but Bev suggested everyday, it does work because you only have to go over lightly, the only area that gives me problems is the back of the thighs ! I don't go against the grain on my chest, it gets too sesitive but it grows almost as fast as facial hair !
Makeup I keep for special occasions, just being round the house is a waste so when I do it I really enjoy it !
Heels well I just love them, I can see why women love them so much they are addictive !

Isabella Ross
08-27-2014, 02:38 PM
Can't really answer this question. But I can tell you some of my favourite parts about my feminine life:

1. I love putting on pantyhose and stockings. So if I get holes, it's so pleasurable to break open a new package and put them on.
2. I love shaving my legs...such a delightfully feminine experience.
3. I love applying makeup and look forward to each time I apply it.
4. Absolutely love wearing heels.

It's all in the way you look at it!

BLUE ORCHID
08-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Hi Brittany, All of what you mentioned is what makes this program so much fun.

RE: Pantyhose, the first sign of a run put a dab of clear nail polish on it

Michelle colson
08-27-2014, 02:58 PM
I have to agree with all your points. No matter how careful I am I can only seem to get a few outings out of a pair of nylons or stalkings. Also I love the look of wig and makeup in the mirror but it's such a time consuming pain to put it all on! I love wearing heels though.

Rachael Leigh
08-27-2014, 03:01 PM
Yeah love my legs when smooth but if I had the money would do the laser removal but not going to.
Love doing makeup too and how it looks when I've got it just right, hate to remove it but it is what it is.
For me too hooking the bra can be a pain but love the feel and look.

Michelle colson
08-27-2014, 03:02 PM
Unfortunately I don't have a wig or heels yet due to finances and not easy to find heees in male size 11
Try Aerosoles shoes, I have several pairs in 11 that fit great, are super cute and very comfortable. Even with 3" heels I can wear them all day.

DeeArel
08-27-2014, 03:04 PM
I do not like shaving. Therefore, I either wax or epilate. Yes, I get the face waxed when I get the opportunity for 4 or more consecutive days of dressing.

Make up is much simpler and quicker without having to cover the 5 o'clock shadow. I can spare the 15 minutes to look fabulous.

Heels just require the correct size. I love them.

Hosiery, with a little experience, you learn how to avoid snagging and getting runs.

bimini1
08-27-2014, 04:55 PM
When I was younger and had more nervous energy I couldn't stand how long it took to arrive in an en femme state of presentation. I wished I could just snap my fingers, pull a "Samantha" dingle dingle dink and be fully dressed. Now I take my time and enjoy the journey getting into it.

missVS
08-27-2014, 05:05 PM
Some issues I have are yes pantyhose get torn but for me its my expensive stockings get runs. I have vast experience with stockings but sometimes picks and accidents can't be avoided like my jewelry, bracelets, rings getting snagged.
I dont really like shaving but love the outcome.
Love to put makeup on only issue its hot as hell now and in the lights its even hotter so sometimes above my upper lip starts sweating.
Nothing about heels I don't like.
Anybody have issue with hair getting caught in lipstick? I love long hair and many times it just gets caught in my lips and mouth. I tried hairspray and stuff to hold it and it helsp some.

Victoria

Tiffany Jane
08-27-2014, 05:12 PM
More than anything would be the boys in skinny jeans, tuck, not to tuck, shift, etc. Hate it. Heels are actually very comfortable for me. Remember walking around on my toes doing gymnastics with my neighbor when she joined. Also was a catcher for many years so to be on my toes feels normal. The others you pretty well nailed. Buy a pair of hose and just when you think your getting the hang of putting them on and taking off, you have a run or hole. Would rather shave my legs every day than my face, as I don't mind the bearded lady look when I am at home.

Tiffany Jane
08-27-2014, 05:16 PM
Blue orchid, thanks for the tip. Will keep it mind...now where does my wife keep her nail polish? As if I didn't know.

lesli
08-27-2014, 05:52 PM
there are a few things that i don't really care for (but i adore heels):
epilating--chest, legs, arms; basically everywhere but my face. it lasts a lot longer than shaving, but it's a lot more painful even after years of doing it!

Vanessa5
08-27-2014, 06:16 PM
Although a hassle and my wife doesn't like it I love having less hair. Just a personal vendetta against it. Heels on the other hand are a joy. As a flat (as in pancake) footed person my feet feel best in heels. The design helps my arch stay in place and helps to take some of my foot pain away.

kimdl93
08-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Not really...other than the chest shaving, what you have listed are things share with women. I don't mind at all the time I spend getting made up or shaving my legs.

Heidi Stevens
08-27-2014, 07:49 PM
Try using a loofa everyday on your legs if you get bumps or ingrown hairs from shaving. Helps keep things open so they don't well up. I started using one a few years back, have shaved my legs continuously for 5 years, and I've never had a problem since using the loofa. I'm addicted to makeup and wish I could wear it all the time. And yes heels too!

suchacutie
08-27-2014, 09:29 PM
I adore heels and they love Tina so no problem there. The only problem with shaving is that there is more of it. First time aggravates some follicles but repetition seems to handle that. I will admit that emeven a good-fitting wig can feel a bit tight after wearing it all day. The biggest problem for me is a new one. My first and favorite wig is starting to self destruct and I'm really upset to lose it. Some of the first items Tina ever purchased are special to her but will not last forever. So sad.

MelanieAnne
08-27-2014, 09:39 PM
Keep your toenails smooth, and wear disposable vinyl or rubber gloves putting on pantyhose, and you'll have far fewer snags.

muslegirl
08-27-2014, 09:53 PM
wigs make me sweat. Shaving takes up a lot of time..reallly love the results though...razor bumps get much better washing the area gently with a exfoliating scrub. Like heels a lot hard to find in size 13...actually most styles are hard to find. Flats work better for me since im almost 6 2..

KaceyR
08-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Mine are face shaving...no matter what have to cover up the stubble..just won't totally clear under the nose. Planning on electro soon..
And the back...god that's such a mess when single...to deal with the back hair so much. Schedule makes it near impossible to get back waxed in time for any kind of Sat night out...
The next is the sweat... Esp summer. Under forms and wigs. Love the forms...but rather have real ones instead :)

Karren J
08-27-2014, 11:13 PM
I have to jump on the anti-shaving bandwagon, lots of scraping and the damn stubble still shows through even with a baby smooth chin.

Leslie Langford
08-27-2014, 11:38 PM
My pet peeve is trying to prevent my lipstick from bleeding past the edges of my lips as the day or evening wears on. I've tried a number of products designed to deal with this, but with only limited success.

stephNE
08-28-2014, 06:19 AM
The shaving is quite problematic on longer excursions. After a few hours out, I can start to feel the stubble on my chin and neck. If I was to go full time, I would need to go home at mid day and re-shave and put makeup on allover again.

noeleena
08-28-2014, 07:23 AM
Hi,

From this and all the comments im so glad im not a dresser, so.... so..... glad , i could not be bothered with all the to do . oh heck . flip that would do my head in just thinking about it is more than enough.

Ill just stay being what i am thank you,

Shaving the epilator will do about every 3 months if i remember , other wise cant be bothered, and face as well yeap epilator and just a touch up with elc shaver , every two days may even get it to a week tights getting torn or laddered well im a bit rough yet they last me a while,

Oh yes makeup what makeup dont have any and cant be bothered, just lippy and eye brow liner dont have any eye brows,

leslie,

What brand of lippy you use that may be the detail, i dont have that issue not that i buy any,
now i get given ,

Kacey ,

oh those forms and sweating . nope not got that problem have real ones er breasts that is
i am a bit inclined to bump them , well being a builder an all.

Musle .

Wigs oh yes well ill only wear mine for our Edwardian group other wise forget it, sweat no headaches were my issue so no more,

Oh well youll be wondering what bred of female i am, yes well okay im just different more like youll think im weird, yeap i am so if you come out with me youll soon find out just how weird, ,

though on the other hand youd meet my many friends and youd be quite well accepted because my many friends know me very well and accept my friends , so a night out at our Scottish night Ball on the 27 Nov any one ah maybe not this time ,

will no doubt have around 80 people come again i help out kitchen dutys and what ever else and do our photography , and will i be dressed up ,

YES I....... surpose...... ILL .....have to , again.....flip i,m not sure what i should wear, oh heck ,

Just having to think about it, is what i dont like about this and Balls oh well at least i can hide behind my camara,s again , now you really will think im weird,

I know most who have if not all commented on this doing all you have to just to be get dressed , and all , and i said it just does my head in . and if you could be were i am in able to be involved with what i do youd be so happy , just wraped to be able to do what i do and places i can and do go all dressed to the nines and i have to go as a member and on our
commitee,s ,

Dont get me wrong its just having to get dressed up, knowing i dont do justice to how i should be dressed most of you would jump at it, i know from what you say, and heres a female balking at it......Arrrrrrr.......

...noeleena...

Beverly
08-28-2014, 07:33 AM
The less than wonderful moment for me would be when I have to DRAB.

Amy Fakley
08-28-2014, 08:13 AM
Yes, I get the face waxed when I get the opportunity for 4 or more consecutive days of dressing.

:eek:

my god, that sounds painful!
on the other hand ... shaving really does suck bigtime.

Actually it's not the shaving so much that I detest, it's the fact that I can never really make the stubble go away. It's never more than 7 or 8 hours and then it's grown in enough to make it impossible to wear makeup convincingly, but too damn short to shave it again without butchering my face.

I will say this. My wife got me a shaving kit from these guys, and it is pretty much the bomb. Closest shave I've ever gotten with almost no irritation, however sort of expensive.

http://www.theartofshaving.com

the only good thing about shaving is that if you screw it up you'll get another chance real soon, LOL

Krististeph
08-28-2014, 08:26 AM
Agreed, I hate the heat/humidity of summer, I'm the guy who can wear shorts in cooler weather- so wearing something flattering and covering the required parts gets warm in the summer...

Pantyhose- moisturize your hands and legs often- you will have less runs. You can also wash your hose before you wear it- use liquid fabric softener, gentle cycle, and a half sheet of dryer softener on 10 minutes of low heat- then tumble with air only to cool the hose. Fabric softener is essentially a lubricant- the threads of the hose stretch better and move easier against each other.

Shaving. Exfoliate your legs always before shaving- i use a pad of scotchbrite, actually, just go easy on the skin- you are trying to loosen & remove the outer layers that might be holding the hairs down- preventing them from sticking out to be shaved.

You can also touch up with an electric shaver- the combination really makes for smooth skin for me, and i've heard the same for others- agan, be careful how hard you press at first- let your skin adapt- but it gives good results.

tracigirl_tv
08-28-2014, 08:38 AM
....2. Speaking of which, shaving is kind of a nuisance. ....

Ahhh, shaving. I have kind of a love/dislike thing going with shaving. I'm a once-a-weeker, and when I need to figure out which morning it will be, it feels like a chore. But once the shave cream goes on and the long, sensuous razor strokes begin, I'm definitely into it. It can even be (dare I say it?) erotic! And the amazing sensation of smooth skin.....omg, yes.

Color me pro-shave, for sure.

xoxo

Traci

njcddresser
08-28-2014, 12:06 PM
For me it's keeping my chest shaved smooth. My chest hair seems to grow very quickly and needs to be every day.

I don't mind anything else other than when it's time to return to drab mode.

Desiree2bababe
08-28-2014, 01:08 PM
I do hate runners but I love my heels..........I suppose the only thing I don't like is going to the restroom in a club. It takes so long to get everything out and put back in it's place all the girls are raising cane by the time I come out.....

Brandi Lesalle
08-28-2014, 01:15 PM
I hate the race to put everything away before I am discovered... it's that feeling of dread and realizing all good things come to an end

Sarah Doepner
08-28-2014, 02:45 PM
What do I dislike the most? It's possible that it's the end of the session. Overall, I try to enjoy the process of changing from male to less male approaching female. Shaving isn't all that bad if I'm not dressing daily, but if that's the case by day 3 or 4 it's becoming a problem. I've been wearing thigh-high nylons and buy them in a box of 6, so when I get a run in one it can be replaced. They also make it much easier to go to the bathroom when it's potty time. Heels that fit right and aren't too tall are wonderful. Heels that don't fit properly, in fact any shoe that doesn't fit properly is worthy of being tossed far away. Attempting to dress in the heat of summer wearing a wig, padding and shapers is an invitation to a sweat bath and a promise that some of your clothes will need cleaning before you can wear them again.

Things I haven't seen from others include finding the right bracelet but discovering it won't fit over man-size hands. Or a necklace that won't clasp around a larger neck. Just need to keep shopping and find things that fit. And finally, being dressed and then realizing that there is no way I can share it with anyone or I'm trapped in the house is a major problem. I need to work on that.

Looking at my list, it seems that there isn't anything on it that can't be fixed one way or another. That's a good thing.

Amanda L.
08-29-2014, 04:54 AM
I hate packing up. I go through everything and tend to have clothes strewn all over the place (I can be such a messy girl) and also packing away the make up. Once that's done then there's the forensic cleaning to make sure no errant strands of hair get left on the chair.
The other thing I dislike is the feeling of ambivalence that on sets from time to time. I want to dress and know it will be awesome but I can't get motivated. In that state now. HELP!
Cheers
Amanda