PDA

View Full Version : Shopping with my wife..."how are you ladies tonight?"

Anna H
08-27-2014, 09:57 PM
My wife and i go shopping in the next larger city over from us every few
weeks....(they have lots more than our small town)

This is the 5th time in a row I've gotten a comment that made my day...lol!

We usually stop to get gas and there's a guy about my age there who
works the cash register. He always greets me with "can i help you ma'am?"
I have to speak at that point and he corrects himself..."sorry sir", but then
he's not so sure and goes back and forth between ma'am and sir a few times,
getting a little flustered it seems. I don't say anything and he's never quite
sure. He's done this twice already....

We may get a "how are you ladies tonight?" at walmart. That's happened twice.

Tonight, we got it again at the grocery store. I just beamed...and my wife
snickered and says..."oh, you just make me sick"...playfully, of course...lol

But a bit later, a guy who works there passed us and said "how are you sir?".

My wife was away over from me and laughed and made an "x" in the air with
her finger....crossing off my "point" i gained tonight. She said to be sure to
tell your friends on the forum about that one...lol!

She's so much fun...she knows I love it when that happens. She says it's
my haircut and high ponytail....(guys don't have bangs)

I was surprised when it happened the third time, but it's been 5 times in
a row now. Just in a very plain top and jeans. I didn't think i looked quite
that girly...but i'm certainly ok with it! ...heehee!

:)

Kris Avery
08-27-2014, 10:00 PM
Sounds fun...I would never get the ma'am comment...though....:straightface:

Melissa18
08-27-2014, 10:11 PM
Hi kate,
That is what I like to see a confident self assured young CD girl,
Congratulations.
Adelaide

Tracii G
08-27-2014, 10:23 PM
It is fun I agree.
Either way ma'am or sir is fine with me.

Eryn
08-27-2014, 11:53 PM
We get "how are you ladies" whenever Mimi and I are out. It never gets old! :)

heatherdress
08-28-2014, 12:11 AM
Kate - Great! I only get "Paper or plastic?"

JessicaJHall
08-28-2014, 01:39 AM
You better feel good pretty girl!! Especially for those of us that will never get that (or even try:sad:). You deserve the points! Tell your wife no takebacks, the score stays on the board!:D

Katey888
08-28-2014, 03:06 AM
Kate having fun with the muggles again... I feel for the gas station guy - he probably wonders what day of the week it is after you've been in... :facepalm:

And your wife has a good attitude towards this - nothing wrong with being thrown a minor humility stiffener every now and then... you'll be liable to get a head too large for your pony-tail otherwise... ;)

Keep having fun Kate! :)

Katey x

Marcelle
08-28-2014, 03:38 AM
Hi Kate . . . great story. What I am not sure is though . . . were you dressed complete (make-up) or just yourself with long hair tied in a high ponytail? If you were without make-up and get a ma'am or two then that is cool. I find when dressed (make-up and wig) most people tend to be gender correct (not a biggie if they are not for me) but if I was just wearing a plain top and jeans (no wig, no make-up) it would be sir . . . no mistaking my ugly mug for a woman without camouflage.

Anyway, thanks for sharing and what great time . . . shopping with your lovely wife.

Hugs

Isha

Christy Diane
08-28-2014, 04:30 AM
That's great Kate. The only thing that I will say if you can get ma'med at the grocery store in male mode I think it's time to get all dolled up and hit the town!

charlenesomeone
08-28-2014, 04:46 AM
Cute story, glad you both had a good time.

Laura J
08-28-2014, 04:57 AM
It is very nice to get the gender you are presenting confirmed!

I Am Paula
08-28-2014, 07:14 AM
For the gas station guy. There is nothing wrong with correcting a misgendering. Just politely say 'That's ma'am, please'.

Anna H
08-28-2014, 07:34 AM
Thank you all Dearly for your Very kind replies! It's Soooo Nice that someone
understands such an odd thing like that. lol! ♥

We get "how are you ladies" whenever Mimi and I are out. It never gets old! :)

That's so true! I'm getting so i almost look forward to it now! lol!

Hi Kate . . . great story. What I am not sure is though . . . were you dressed complete (make-up) or just yourself with long hair tied in a high ponytail? If you were without make-up and get a ma'am or two then that is cool. I find when dressed (make-up and wig) most people tend to be gender correct (not a biggie if they are not for me) but if I was just wearing a plain top and jeans (no wig, no make-up) it would be sir . . . no mistaking my ugly mug for a woman without camouflage.

Anyway, thanks for sharing and what great time . . . shopping with your lovely wife.

Hugs

Isha

Thank you Isha! :)

No makeup, and it's just a maroon womens crew-neck t shirt/levis flared jeans.
Brown suede flat soled boots. It's all very "casual regular guy" looking to me....and
my wife agrees. She won't let me wear makeup out...or even my *slightly* more
girly looking tops. But i keep trying. lol!

I feel for the gas station guy - he probably wonders what day of the week it is after you've been in...

And your wife has a good attitude towards this - nothing wrong with being thrown a minor humility stiffener every now and then... you'll be liable to get a head too large for your pony-tail otherwise... ;)

Katey x

Heehee...I do to. He gets so confused trying to get it right. And it's happened twice!

She's the best. It's so nice that she can have as much fun with this odd thing as I do
myself. That "x" motion she made was the funniest thing!

You better feel good pretty girl!! Especially for those of us that will never get that (or even try:sad:). You deserve the points! Tell your wife no takebacks, the score stays on the board!:D

I told her....it still counts! lol!

xxx & ♥♥♥!
:)

LisaTX
08-28-2014, 07:38 AM
Nice experience. Hearing that would be music to my ears! Good for you,

Lisa

tracigirl_tv
08-28-2014, 07:53 AM
Kate, what I like best about this post is the fun that you and your wife have with this :)

Blessings on you both!

Traci

Anna H
08-28-2014, 08:08 AM
For the gas station guy. There is nothing wrong with correcting a misgendering. Just politely say 'That's ma'am, please'.

It must be quite embarrassing for him because he is an honestly polite gentleman....but he
gets me a bit confused myself. lol. I just politely take whatever he decides on...:P

Kate, what I like best about this post is the fun that you and your wife have with this :)

Blessings on you both!

Traci

Thank you So Much Traci!! ♥ It's a lot of fun when she teases me about it....and we find
Lots to laugh about! :)

Krististeph
08-28-2014, 08:17 AM
i think the way to reply to the 'sir' remark is to answer in an ultra low "Lurch" (from Addams family) voice "How could you tell I was a guy?" And simply walk away without waiting for an answer. I promise it will crack your wife up, getting a check mark in the 'cool' column. Best way to disarm anyone acting snarky- disarm any pretense of 'reading' you by pretending to not even be trying, it takes a little bit of guts, but it works good for me- i like to have the initiative in cases like this- i'm not as good as simply ignoring the comment and continuing on. Every time is has defused the situation like a charm, but the key is keeping it light.

This came out as a spur of the moment reaction, the guy who said it was a little accusatory, and it pissed me off. Rather than tell him to (take your pick)... this addressed his affront directly and with humor, and left him with his mouth hanging open. I hope he caught a fly.

That said, I still tend to avoid that person/place again if possible... :-/ but using humor definitely worked in this case and a couple others. I'm rarely that 'quick' with a good comeback...

Caden Lane
09-03-2014, 08:54 PM
SEE?!?! I told you that you could pas in public Kate!

Jamie Lynn
09-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Love it that your wife is so accepting and fun loving with you about this! She rocks!!!