PDA

View Full Version : *** Funtabulous Night Out With My SO and Friends ***

Felicia Dee
08-28-2014, 09:16 AM
Hi all! Sorry it's been so long since I've been around. My boy-life takes precedence, as it is want to do, and I have been up to my ears in all kinds of BUSY. Busy planning for the college class I teach, busy mapping out some creative projects, busy writing grants, busy with family... BUSYBUSYBUSY.

Not unlike a bumble bee... Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz... :battingeyelashes:

ANY. HOW.

Life being what it is and with work demanding as much of my forward thinking as it has been this summer, it had been a good while since this girl had gone out and seen the light of day. Like, not since pride weekend in June.

There's nothing so sad as being all dressed up with nowhere to go, so my lovely wife – September – being her usual AWESOME self, suggested a girls night out with a couple of our friends... see a show, have dinner and then go out for some drinks.

In case you don't know, Columbus has QUITE the lively drag scene and one of it's brightest stars – the ever amazing Virginia West, was presenting her latest show “Sinner!” at the local drag venue, the Axis.

So, we planned out our outfits and headed out for a fun, casual night with friends.

It was a great time! And yet again, going out en femme was no big deal, insofar as how I was treated or how people acted towards me. People were pleasant, respectful, accommodating and often complimented me on my outfit, all while consistently addressing me in the feminine... we were just a group of girls out having a nice night. It felt very “normal.”

I DO think that much of how people react towards me is greatly influenced by the confidence I project. And to that, I really must say: I am continually amazed at how little people actually seem to notice and/or care that I am out and about in “Girl Mode.”

Here's a pic from that night featuring (from Right to left) Me, September and one of our good friends -- who was super nice to let me post this pic here.

:)

Rachael Leigh
08-28-2014, 09:24 AM
Sounds like a good time, and you look great hon

bridget thronton
08-28-2014, 10:33 AM
A good way to celebrate the new (academic) year

Julie Denier
08-28-2014, 12:06 PM
What a lucky girl you are, and what a lovely group ;)

Felicia Dee
08-28-2014, 02:26 PM
Thanks ladies! Yeah, it was a fun and VERY entertaining evening!!! I'd post a few pics from the show, but I'm not sure if that's kosher -- you'll just have to take my word on it. ;)

paulaprimo
08-28-2014, 03:10 PM
busy seems to be my middle name also... sounds like you ladies had a wonderful time.
the picture looks great and i love your dress :)

Katey888
08-28-2014, 03:17 PM
What a great time out, Wens... you do look a lovely trio... :D

Nice experience for you and... that is one fancy handbag you have there... I like it: Trés chic! :cheer:

Katey x

Felicia Dee
08-29-2014, 07:58 AM
Thanks Paula! I love that dress, too... turns out I'm more of a "long island " girl than I thought, haha... Katey: would you believe I found that purse at a thrift? For 5 bucks?? It's a knock-off Prada! I LOVE thrifting!!
Xox

kimdl93
08-30-2014, 07:23 AM
It's wonderful to have someone like September a around to plan a night out!

Marcelle
08-30-2014, 07:30 AM
Hey Wednesday,

Looks like a great time out and about . . . love the dress. I hope you had a great time!

Hugs

Isha

Adriana Moretti
08-30-2014, 01:02 PM
Yay Wens............. Red and Black...You??? LOL...my favorite colors too !!!! good to see you getting out there! See you soon XOXO !!!!! BTW Wifey looks adorable in that outfit too !

JessicaJHall
08-30-2014, 02:36 PM
What a great escape!! And you look fabulous escaping in that outfit!! You deserve it..grant writing is the worst.. that's what I hear from my PHD friends anyway!!

Felicia Dee
08-31-2014, 01:01 PM
Yay! Thanks SO much everybody. All this LOVE and support is simply doing wonders for my complexion... ;)

xox

JayeLefaye
08-31-2014, 04:38 PM
Awesomeness!!! And great legs!!

Regarding the purse; ain't thrift stores incredible??? No online shopping for me. Give me thrift stores any day.

Jaye

Brenda Freeman
08-31-2014, 05:34 PM
Great to have girls to go out with, wonderful to have a fun supporting wife and friends. You all look Great! FUN

BLUE ORCHID
08-31-2014, 05:50 PM
Hi WED. That black & red color block dress looks so lovely on you.

Anna H
08-31-2014, 06:07 PM
That's Such a Cool picture! I Love that! ♥

:)

NavyM2F_WAM
08-31-2014, 06:23 PM
You look amazing!