PDA

View Full Version : Is your manhood still important to you

Dolly Parton
08-31-2014, 03:18 AM
As a CD indoors, my manhood is very important to me.
you will find that very odd, I know, but while CD and having sex with my wife, I feel that my manhood is skyrocketing.
Is yours too?

njcddresser
08-31-2014, 03:28 AM
Interesting. I came out to myself 10 months ago. My manhood has retreated while I've embraced my feminine side which grows stronger every day!

Tiffany Jane
08-31-2014, 03:40 AM
I am gathering cding and sex are being enjoyed by both of you, assuming I am reading your thread correctly. Congratulations on finding a SO to share your true feelings with.
I believe my cding allows me to be more attentive to my wife. Her pleasure has always been a turn on for me.

Katey888
08-31-2014, 04:56 AM
My masculinity is important to me as a person and a male individual... particularly in that it contributes the significant part of the whole 'me'...

My CD/TG aspects have nothing to do with the affection, love and attraction that I feel for my wife - that is an entirely separate set of emotions and drivers for me.. :)

But hey! Whatever floats your boat... (For some reason you using the expression 'skyrocket' just makes me think of that bit in 'Anchorman'.... :D)

Katey x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAhCpAS2AwA

Amanda L.
08-31-2014, 05:23 AM
Hi Dolly
Absolutely. My masculinity is the Yin to my female Yang.
When fem I want to be my female self but when in guy mode I am all male. I think I keep a good balance between the 2 and love both sides of my character. Having said that I believe that as a man I have developed some important qualities that actually make me a calmer and more empathetic person (sometimes), a spin off I guess from my female persona.
Cheers
Amanda

Dolly Parton
08-31-2014, 05:43 AM
@Amanda I think you are actually describing me...
But still it is very odd how becoming a woman while having sex with my wife makes me feel a man like never before.
Don't get me wrong, the feeling is so dam good, that I cant really explain it. Moreover, I did not went all the way yet! just a dress.
Strange and good!

Marcelle
08-31-2014, 05:54 AM
Hi Dolly,

When I first read the title of your thread I have to admit I was thinking "manhood" as in "well you know" :eek: and my first thought was "Oh yeah . . . very important to me" :battingeyelashes:

But I believe you mean your masculinity, male persona, guy, bloke and or dude self. In that case the same answer "Yes". When it comes to "that" part of my relationship with my wife there is no Isha only boy me in that regard. We have both agreed that would be just too weird for us. Outside of "that" portion of relationship, I have spent time with my wife as Isha and boy me but in the end the persona is just me (neither boy or girl). So for me my "manhood" is just who I am and that is still very important to me.

Hugs

Isha

Lynn Marie
08-31-2014, 06:17 AM
Happily for me, my CDing is not an obsession so I'm free to enjoy being a boy too.

BLUE ORCHID
08-31-2014, 06:39 AM
Hello Dolly, I feel that I have the BEST of both worlds.:daydreaming:

Dolly Parton
08-31-2014, 06:43 AM
@Isha, Did you know what Isha in Hebrew means Woman? funny.

Raychel
08-31-2014, 07:24 AM
Personally not much use for the manhood anymore.
the man side of me has a difficult job. always aching, and well the "manhood"
doesn't get used much anymore.

so that along with that fact that I am just happier in a dress. simple math. :thinking:

Marcelle
08-31-2014, 07:37 AM
@Isha, Did you know what Isha in Hebrew means Woman? funny.

Hello Dolly (sorry I just couldn't resist the musical reference :))

I did indeed.

Hugs

Isha

Jaylyn
08-31-2014, 07:38 AM
I enjoy my dressing but o still enjoy my manhood also. I agree with others on here the dressing has made me very much more calmer and easier to get along with as my wife has said. She has mentioned this several times so now I am wondering if I was really that bad before the cd ing. She also says my understanding of why she is always late getting ready to go out has gotten better. I think the CD has helped me understand my male self more.

samantha rogers
08-31-2014, 07:45 AM
I guess it depends what you mean by "manhood. If you are referring to those personality traits people always want to define as either male or female, I find as I explore myself more and more I am losing qualities I had always displayed as part of a male "mask, while allowing other qualities I was always afraid to show (for fear of seeming too feminine) to surface and become part of my everyday self. As a result, I am simply becoming more myself in an authentic manner, regardless of how I am dressed, and in the pros
and I am liking myself much better.
If, on the other hand, you are referring to sexual "manhood", well...at this point that has become of little interest to me. And, I like that better, too. I am no longer driven by my libido and have a much more even tempered and calm demeanor. My wife likes me better now, too.
Overall, the embracing of myself and the effects of transition are making me, I think, a much nicer person. I think thats a good thing.

Erica2Sweet
08-31-2014, 08:00 AM
I think there are several workable ways a person can successfully approach balancing gender identities and presentations, and what works for you is what's important. For me, not worrying about all of the manly vs. girly mental stuff is what I find works the best. When I'm focused on my family, relationships and I'm tackling the issues that are important to my household, there is little to no energy left to be spent on the inner dialog of what I'm actively doing to embrace masculinity or femininity. So, at that point I can just let it happen naturally and let it be from a mental standpoint.

bimini1
08-31-2014, 08:04 AM
Interesting you ask this as for me they both seem to be intricately linked. For the past several years I had been so wrapped up in the femme I lost the balance between the two I so desperately need for peace of mind. It seemed to culminate earlier this summer when I spent 3 days out en femme. 39 hours over 3 days.

After the experience what's fascinating is that I seemed to get it out of my system so to speak and rebounded into male mode big time. Grew a goatee/mustache even. Let's see how this goes.

charlenesomeone
08-31-2014, 08:10 AM
Both are very important, and have different requirements.
Thats what makes us dressers isn't it?

natcrys
08-31-2014, 08:15 AM
I find that the thing that's most important to me.. is that I'm true to myself. :)

In the stereotypical sense.. I've never been truly masculine or feminine, especially in terms of behaviour.

So, if your question is: do you find it important that you are feeling like or being regarded as a True Man™?

Then my answer would be no.. no I am not.

PaulaQ
08-31-2014, 08:18 AM
I returned my man card last year. I'd never enjoyed having it.

BillieAnneJean
08-31-2014, 08:47 AM
I have always enjoyed being a man. I have always been grateful that I was not born a woman because men can do and get to do so many more things than women typically get to do. But women in the USA have more rights than men, so I always envied them for that.

So my masculinity and the guy things I have always enjoyed.

I really enjoy CDing. But I would never want to do it to the expense of being a guy.

After all that background............

CDing has actually enhanced my masculinity in ever way. Because now I can mentally choose to be whatever gender I wish. Sort of, kind of, a minor approximation of how women can be dressed in male style clothes in the morning, drive a fork truck at work or some other (at one time) non female job, then doll herself up and go out as a beautiful creature. She can choose how she presents, and has always been able to. At last I can too. So I have a choice. I like being a man more now than ever.

HUZZA HUZZA!

Giggle!

Such Fun!!!!!!!!

susmitha
08-31-2014, 09:23 AM
Yes, manhood is important to me. But, I like the female role in the bed room.

Crissy Kay
08-31-2014, 09:26 AM
That's a yes for me. In many ways my guy side matters more to me then any cd stuff I do!!

alwayshave
08-31-2014, 10:09 AM
My manhood is very important to me. I love dressing like a women, clothes, makeup, shoes, etc... But when all is said and done, I'm a guy.

DivaB
08-31-2014, 10:12 AM
It's important to me I just love to hide it from time to time.

Isabella Ross
08-31-2014, 10:19 AM
Couldn't have written better myself, Diva. Perfect.

Melissa in SE Tn
08-31-2014, 10:20 AM
Amanda L said it much better that I could explain. I love being a man ... and complimenting the same with feminine instincts. Peace, mel

MonicaJean
08-31-2014, 10:22 AM
This is a great question. As many people here will give just as many different answers. For me, it still is important, but for different reasons than when I was younger. Kids, career, etc, are at a point where always being male is important. Down inside, it's a "meh", i'd rather be talking about feminine things. Always have I guess.

JayeLefaye
08-31-2014, 10:26 AM
Gender-wise, I consider myself 51% male and 49% lesbian. As to my "manhood", if I'm interpreting the question, and "skyrocketing" properly, then I seem to be suffering:-) the same odd effect...And also oddly, my wife seems to be really enjoying exploring her lesbian side lately. It's as if she enjoys dressing me up just so that she can try to talk me into hiking up my skirt. I'll stop now, before entering the TMI category.

Jaye

kimdl93
08-31-2014, 10:35 AM
Manhood is a facade, just as femininity is a facade. I prefer to be a person. I don't equate arousal with masculinity either.

bridget thronton
08-31-2014, 11:02 AM
Manhood is less and less important each year

GinaD
08-31-2014, 12:26 PM
It is no longer terribly important to me, but is still very important to my partner, who does not want me to take steps to physically change that part of me, even though he appreciates the breast implants.

lynda
08-31-2014, 01:01 PM
when i dress i like being female ,when im in male mode i like being a man ,i love being female and i love being male i really like both parts of me

Tina_gm
08-31-2014, 02:39 PM
I am slowly coming to a point where i don't fight either gender. I am what I am. I am feminine and masculine. I am trying to not quell one or grow the other. Neither can be accomplished as it is what it is.

Requal Jo
08-31-2014, 03:10 PM
I am man through and through. I enjoy my dressing as it assists me to relax and de-stress from a very masculine employment. While I would like the "manhood" question more frequent, it now competes with my age.

Mary Lee
08-31-2014, 05:16 PM
do you find it important that you are feeling like or being regarded as a True Man™?

Then my answer would be no.. no I am not.

I do not care if my "manhood" works or not; in fact it does not work. Medication and a lot of PTSD. Yes I like women but do not care to have sex with them. and I am not interest in men, Maybe when I have been on HRT for a long time.

SusanMarie
08-31-2014, 05:56 PM
My 'manhood' is just a mask I put on when I go out into the world. In reality I am just me, somewhere in between.

grace7777
08-31-2014, 06:52 PM
I am finding the most important thing is for me to be true to myself.

With each day that passes the idea of manhood has less and less meaning. The thought of living life as a woman fulltime is something that I am finding more appealing. Lately having to present as a male is something that I find depressing. Being in male mode and hearing someone call me sir makes me cringe, yet being en femme and being called ma'am makes me feel good.

Back in 2007 when I started cd'ing I thought just dressing en femme around the apartment would satisfy me. Then I thought spending a few nights out in public once every few months would satisfy me, but that is not the case anymore. The way my life is going now is something I would have never expected a few years ago. Transitioning, something a few years I said would never happen, is something I now do not rule out, and am seriously considering.

Nadya
08-31-2014, 06:59 PM
My 'manhood' is just a mask I put on when I go out into the world. In reality I am just me, somewhere in between.

I think I fall into this line of thinking too.

Kati
08-31-2014, 07:51 PM
I am having a huge conflict with this right now. My masculinity is important to me (at least my Goatee is) I don't like my chin without it. I did just join a Dallas CD meetup group, and would like to go to a meeting dressed. I have never been outside my home dressed other than a women's T-shirt, and I always underdress. I think I will probably end up shaving once just to see how it goes. I also read in a different post about Larger than life plus size resale shop. Thanks for that tip i think it was brown eyed girl. I have also never shopped alone and the lady at the shop was very friendly. (i digress about that in respect for the forum rules)

Emi_
08-31-2014, 08:08 PM
What manhood is truly left when so many allow themselves to be beaten down with guilt and shame and are living with hidden lies in their relationships because of a dress? Manhood is more than just a set of behaviors, it is a whole personality and code of conduct.

MayaMe
08-31-2014, 09:17 PM
If by manhood you mean masculinity, I have never had much of it and it has never been very important to me. What is important to me is to be me and I have been making good progress with that as of late.

Renee Elise
08-31-2014, 09:45 PM
Absolutely! I love both my masculinity and femininity. Interestingly enough since fully embracing Renee I've been a lot calmer and somewhat less edgy in guy mode. Both are me. I like being a guy in the world - particularly in business and the outdoors / doing projects. Like Amanda and Katey I like being "all guy" at certain times and when I'm feeling feminine jumping all in :).

LelaK
08-31-2014, 11:46 PM
I tend to equate manhood with brute-hood. I think more in terms of humanhood, sisterhood and angelhood.

Ugly Michele
09-01-2014, 12:18 AM
I then ask myself what is manhood. I have none left

prene
09-11-2014, 02:41 AM
When I dress as a male I think about dressing as a female.
When I dress as a feminine I feel female.

??? Not sure what that means?

mbmeen12
09-11-2014, 03:10 AM
Good question I am a CD indoors and outdoors but my manhood is still very important to me because my wife needs your man
while having romantic interludes. But I feel that my womanhood is skyrocketing as I , Kara spreads her wings.

Kate Simmons
09-11-2014, 03:20 AM
If it wasn't somewhat, I would no doubt just go and transition.:battingeyelashes::)

LesliePinky
09-11-2014, 03:25 AM
Yes im more like 70percent more on women so manhood is still impt to me xoxo

devida
09-11-2014, 07:57 AM
I am doing my best to rid myself of every trait I thought was required to be a man. My "manhood" was like a shadow cast over my humanity that strangled my sensitivity, compassion, openness and ability to love. I recognize for most men, including most men here, there is no real issue with their masculinity. For me masculinity was a set of characteristics that were entirely destabilizing, self destructive and depressing. These traits, which included those of aggressiveness, judgementalism, authoritarianism, a delusion of self sufficiency, lack of empathy, and competitiveness made me unhappy. I am much happier now that my masculinity has so much less power in my life.

Krisi
09-11-2014, 08:05 AM
At my age, my "manhood" is pretty much just a memory.

Amanda22
09-11-2014, 11:04 AM
I think you'll find people here for whom their "manhood" is very important to them, others such as myself who hate their manhood, and still many others somewhere in between.

Michaella
09-11-2014, 01:33 PM
I don't think I've ever actually enjoyed being male. Even at my age (60+) referring to myself as a man feels awkward for reason, a poor fit. Being male is, for me, simply a physical fact, not something that gives me any particular joy or pride. My therapist has suggested this is validating evidence for my gender identity as female. However I don't like the idea that not being particularly male should default to being female; that would be demeaning to women.

Michaella

Mollyanne
09-11-2014, 01:52 PM
I would trade my "manhood" in without any hesitation. My feminine side has total control over me and I embrace it wholeheartedly!!!!!!

Molly

MariaA
09-18-2014, 02:01 PM
As I open the door more to going out en femme I have noticed that becoming my female persona is much more needed. When I am in male mode then it is just that male mode.

carahawkwind
09-18-2014, 02:17 PM
My man life is much more important to me than my dressing, but having both is best. I do think my dressing has changed my perspective of my manhood though and helped trim away some of the lesser expectations and ideas I about manhood and masculinity I had that I was never really comfortable with.

NancyJ
09-18-2014, 02:36 PM
If we are talking about stereotypical gender roles, then no, my masculinity is not important to me. I take it for granted, but feel quite trapped by it as well. I prefer to think of myself as feminine who "must" role play masculine. Nancy

Beverley Sims
09-19-2014, 12:16 AM
When young and taking the aggressive role in a sexual relationship was always important.
As you grow older this role diminished somewhat.