PDA

View Full Version : what womens tv shows do you like

lynda
09-02-2014, 08:34 AM
hello i like to watch tv shows about women, like the the view and talk,how about you .

Anna H
09-02-2014, 08:42 AM
I keep trying, but the zillions of endless commercials on TV
ruin it for me. I've gotten so I can get lost on youtube looking
at makeup, fashion, hairstyling, etc for hours on end...so
that's pretty fun! Youtube has tons of stuff that keeps me busy! lol

:)

bridget thronton
09-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Rachel Ray is about all that is on before work (and nothing when I get home) - i like Rachel

stephNE
09-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Recently I have started to like the Wendy Williams show. I have even looked into getting tickets, and taking my SO up to New York to see it live.

lynda
09-02-2014, 11:12 AM
i would love to go to one of the shows, i just woder how many of us are in the audience , when i watch , we should get some of us togeter and go.how about it girls

Stephanie47
09-02-2014, 11:18 AM
I love the "Today Show." I love it for all the women who wear lovely dresses. Sometimes that show is the only exposure I have to women "dressing up."

Joni T
09-02-2014, 11:20 AM
None. I abhor talk shows whether they're on tv or radio.
Joni

Emi_
09-02-2014, 12:27 PM
As a television producer, I generally hate watching television shows of any sort. I guess I have to give up my TG membership now - I don't watch the "right" shows.

Tiffany Jane
09-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Don't care for talk shows, find little in common with a bunch of ladies around a table or interviewing guests on topics I don't relate to or make me feel as though someone else's story is more important than my life or about their opinions pushing an agenda. Can't stand reality tv shows to promote ratings either. Miss the time when writers collaborated to create original storylines and characters to portray comedy or drama. Not produce a reality drama that comically is bad.

Allison Chaynes
09-02-2014, 01:26 PM
I like checking out the ladies of the Weather Channel. Does that count?

Crissy Kay
09-02-2014, 01:46 PM
The only one I like to watch, is "Sewing with Nancy" on one of the PBS channels. Though I do not sew, I find it interesting, and somehow comforting to watch.

Ressie
09-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Cut the cable and all television 3 years ago. Too many reality shows and infomercials.

audreyinalbany
09-02-2014, 05:05 PM
I"m also a fan of the Today show…Natalie Morales, Tamaron Hall…lovely ladies and always dressed beautifully

Adriana Moretti
09-02-2014, 05:24 PM
I am a sucker for the show Hot In Cleveland ....and I too am addicted to checking out the Weather Girls, and female News Anchors...to me they are sexy and have perfect makeup and pretty dresses. Oh...and the gals on sports talk shows ..i think they are cute.

Amanda L.
09-02-2014, 05:30 PM
I am in the same mindset of those who watch the news for the female presenters and weather girls. They always immaculately presented and provide some great makeup ques as well as dress styles.
I don't generally watch much TV though I get all the TV action I need through this forum (lol)
Don't listen to CD's either but hear every CD word
Luv
Amanda

Marcelle
09-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Oops . . . another odd gal out . . . American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, The Strain, Penny Dreadful, Dracula . . . but hey they have women in them :battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Isha

Dana does shopping
09-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Sex & The City ... natch ... Downton Abbey is a recent fave ...

Kate Simmons
09-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Not too many Hon. They move kinda slow for the likes of me. :)

CherylFlint
09-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Reruns of Designing Women.
I study what they are wearing, from shoes to rings.
Get a strong sense of fashion sense: what works.
It's like watching a fashion college course on TV for free.
I luv it.

AngieStone
09-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Hart of Dixie, all the ladies there dress to the nines and have such great taste.

janetcgtv
09-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Soaps:
The Young and the Restless
The Bold and the Beautiful

Judge Judy
Peoples Court

The Talk(not regularly)

Watched Designing Women
The Golden Girls

Any Romantic comedy or drama

Nadya
09-02-2014, 11:31 PM
I've only started to have an interest in more of the female-centric shows recently. I guess part of me still shys away from things like that based on old stereotypes that are hard to get rid of.

ArleneRaquel
09-02-2014, 11:41 PM
I watch "The View" and "Today with Hoda & Kathie", that is not its name, but I watch it more for fashion than anything else. I am surprised that Kathie Lee is actually watable. Insofar as "The View" is concerned I watch it 1-2 a week and rarely after "hot Topics." If that segment is too much celebrity then I switch it off, the same for "Today."

PaulaQ
09-03-2014, 12:42 AM
I've watched too many interior design and remodeling shows to count on HGTV and DIY.
Guilty secrets: Real Housewives * and The Kardashians.

Michelle789
09-03-2014, 12:54 AM
I like watching Wife Swap and Celebrity Wife Swap. I learned tmi about Gilbert Gottfried, like how he doesn't drive, he doesn't know how to drive, and how he likes to shop at the 99 Cents Store.

partymon1
09-03-2014, 01:23 AM
"Make-up Channel" on ROKU device. Great tips and clues!

Laura J
09-03-2014, 04:53 AM
The internet is my TV

sometimes_miss
09-03-2014, 07:13 AM
Not so much TV shows, but female adolescent youtube channels. I sort of live vicariously through the videos of girls who put up their cheerleading/gymnastic lives in video clips, as well as the ones that focus on hair, make up, fashion, etc.. I tend to identify more with them than stereotypical male teen age behavior.

Edit: I thought about it, and realized that there have been lots of TV shows where I watched because of the female lead character, in some way, identifying with her. So for those who may have missed some of these, and can catch up on them on some of the secondary cable channels or netflix, here they are, and you won't be disappointed:
Switched at birth
Ringer
Scandel
The Killing
Make it or Break it
Castle (Stana Katic is the real star here)
Lying game
Hellcats
Dark Angel
my so called life
popular
Nashville
Revenge
Dora the Explorer
The Closer
Tru Calling
Alias
Battlestar Galactica's Trisha Helfer, Katee Sackhoff and Grace Park
Veronica Mars
Chuck, the real star was Sarah
Zena
Patty Duke
Gidget
Buffy the vampire slayer
The west wing, C.J. Cregg
Aeon Flux
Angel
Cagney and Lacey
Life, unexpected
And a British one, 'Prime Suspect' starring Helen Mirren.

and, of course, Bewitched. (Can YOU twitch?)

If I remember any others, I'll add them as they come up.

Jenniferathome
09-03-2014, 09:16 AM
None appeal to me. I prefer ESPN and NFL Network. I can't stand any talk show that isn't about sports.

Lexi Moralas
09-03-2014, 09:41 AM
I like action shows with female main charaters I.e. Alias , Nikita , Buffy

Donna St. Marten
09-03-2014, 11:00 AM
None. Way too loud for my taste.

Melissa in SE Tn
09-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Adriana, you are so right in your observations & likes . Just perfect. Peace, mel

Michala
09-03-2014, 02:13 PM
How about "What not to Wear". It's loaded with fashion sense and tips for fashion that work on all types of body shapes. It also provides makeup tips and hair styles.

audreyinalbany
09-03-2014, 02:30 PM
I'm a little surprised that nobody is watching "Say Yes to the Dress."

Zylia
09-03-2014, 02:50 PM
As a television producer, I generally hate watching television shows of any sort.
But aren't you part of the problem if you're a television producer yourself? :D

Anyway, TV is for old people. I have watched (not necessarily liked) a few episodes/seasons of ANTM, but I think I prefer RuPaul's Drag Race.

Sarah21
09-03-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm a little surprised that nobody is watching "Say Yes to the Dress."

It's one of my guilty pleasures :o
I was about to mention it.

I love Snog Marry Avoid (a UK fashion series) where they give members of the public makeovers and get the reaction from friends and family.
Beauty and the Geek.
Dinner Date.

I'm going to stop at that, I could go on.

Sometimes Steffi
09-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Does "Say Yes to the Dress" count?

Lori31
09-03-2014, 09:08 PM
I think Gossip Girl and Sex And The City qualify

heatherdress
09-03-2014, 10:16 PM
I loved to be fully dressed - heels, makeup, nails, sexy dress - and watch NFL or MLB games and action movies.

Margaret
09-03-2014, 10:21 PM
My wife and I watch "say yes to the dress" and its many variants. While my wife does not support my CDing, we do share critiquing the dresses and their fit on the brides to be.
The various UK programs featuring Gok Wan are also favourites. His "How to look good naked" shows a sensitivity to body conscious women which I admire.

flatlander_48
09-04-2014, 08:26 AM
I am a sucker for the show Hot In Cleveland

I grew up in Toledo, which is about 90 minutes from Cleveland, so that show has a natural hook for me. Excellent cast and all of the women are very funny. They give Betty White some of the best lines!

I think the tendency is that shows where women predominate deal more with real human issues. Often, it is from a humorous perspective but that can make difficult issues less charged and polarized.

Cheryl T
09-04-2014, 11:28 AM
Don't know if they qualify but I love "So You Think You Can Dance" and "Project Runway".

Ressie
09-04-2014, 12:05 PM
But aren't you part of the problem if you're a television producer yourself? :D

Anyway, TV is for old people. I have watched (not necessarily liked) a few episodes/seasons of ANTM, but I think I prefer RuPaul's Drag Race.

Funny, I think television is for young people. I've lost touch with the shows long ago. Now days when I think of TV shows it has nothing to do with television :D.

About 20 years ago I would get out of bed around 10am and turn on Phil Donahue, hoping it would be a crossdresser episode.

Blynda52
09-04-2014, 03:43 PM
At 52the I find myself watching shows like "Pretty Little Liars" must be my mid life crisis!

CynthiaD
09-04-2014, 03:49 PM
I don't watch much TV, but I like "Project Runway."

janetcgtv
09-04-2014, 05:09 PM
What info do you know about "say yes to the dress"
Never heard of it before
I only have open air tv no cable or satellite.

due to the price of cable and satellite

Cheryl T
09-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Good one, I forgot all those.
We also watch "Say Yes to the Dress", "4 Weddings", "I Found the Gown".

I always wished they had had a "What Not To Wear" crossdresser version, but alas it's off the air now.

Amy Fakley
09-04-2014, 06:10 PM
I always wished they had had a "What Not To Wear" crossdresser version, but alas it's off the air now.

there was one episode toward the end where they did a TG person. It was a pretty good episode, I thought. Wish they'd done more of them like that, but then I thought to myself ... I don't know many CDers who'd actually need the help, LOL. Most of us tend to be pretty stylish, from what I see 'round here anyhow :-)

So ... girly tv shows that I like ...
well, like Zylia, I don't watch a whole lot of TV to start with, just one or two shows that are good enough for me to go out of my way for.
Downton Abbey is on that list. So very girly and it sucks me right in just like the soap opera it is, LOL.

carissasky
09-08-2014, 01:09 AM
I've always liked Sailor Moon and Magic Knight Rayearth those are two for my favorite Shojo (or girl) anime,but for shows from America I love Once upon a time, i like greys anatomy, and i want to watch Witches of East End, and the L word

sarahjan
09-08-2014, 06:33 AM
Here in the UK there is a show called "Loose Women" which has been running since 2009 where a 4 panelists sit around and talk about this and that and also have guests (Male and Female) where they ask them questions, I watch it when I can

The panellists can change but have included

Kaye Adams
Ruth Langsford
Andrea McLean
Coleen Nolan
Shobna Gulati
Jane Moore
Janet Street-Porter
Jamelia
Nadia Sawalha
Sherrie Hewson
Linda Robson
Gloria Hunniford

http://www.itv.com/loosewomen

Thom2332
10-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Gilmore Girls
Sex and the City

Simone's Lil' Sis
10-01-2014, 11:21 AM
I Love Lucy

Beverley Sims
10-01-2014, 11:35 AM
I dream of Genie, Bewitched and I love Lucy.

dallasmann
10-01-2014, 01:36 PM
I watch at least 2 movies a week on Lifetime Movie Network.

ericanjtgirl
10-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Orange is the new black and sex in the city

Jenni Yumiko
10-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Anime, hockey, How it's made, walking dead, Once Upon a Time, OITNB and Keeping up with the Kardishians (Courtney is hot).
Dressing or being a CD doesn't affect my tv choices.

Annaliese
10-01-2014, 05:25 PM
I like the Talk, cant stand the View, to politic for me.

Maria Blackwood
10-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Um, do ponies count? :)

I like Arrow which is supposed to be big with the ladies due to its hunky star, but I've always just liked the Green Arrow, and it's a good show.

No, pretty much just animation and geeky genre stuff. I don't think CD affects my viewing.

I did watch a cooking show, but it was Good Eats, which was six levels of awesome and managed to be sciencey. I still make stuff I learned from Alton Brown.

lexivanderpump
10-01-2014, 09:14 PM
My favorite show is Fashion Police. My wife and I watched it together when it was on. I cried when Joan Rivers passed away. Other favs are Divas and Housewivesvof OC and Beverly Hills. My least favorite that I stopped watching years ago is The (one-sided) View.

Love,
Lexi V.

joanna marie
10-01-2014, 09:14 PM
I've really enjoyed Outlander

Christina Page
10-02-2014, 03:16 AM
I like to watch Project Runway with my wife.

Athena_
10-02-2014, 08:39 AM
I've really enjoyed Outlander

Outlander is an awesome show!

katie elouise
10-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Hi as sarahjan has said loose women ,I get the ironing board out have a coffee and watch loose women I love it . Katie x.

Stephanie Julianna
10-02-2014, 09:14 AM
I love "Dancing with the Stars", Castle, The Good Wife, Risolli and Isles and "Say Yes to the Dress." I get lots of make-up and clothes ideas from the leading ladies.

Melissa in SE Tn
10-02-2014, 10:50 AM
My wife loves to watch " Dancing with the Stars". The dancing is great, gives us something to talk about & one day emulate + the female costumes are to die for; IF ONLY we could have their figures!!! Coming up to the holidays & we will be watching the Hallmark channel holiday movies.

BillieAnneJean
10-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Sorry. I watch maybe four hours of TV a month. There is so much reality of real life to experience. I will catch up with the "must see TV" when I am in a wheelchair in the nursing home. Meanwhile you can find me OUT enfemme.

daphne g
10-03-2014, 01:02 AM
hi there
here in germany is a show called shopping queen
each show has 4 or 5 ladies,they meet up at each others houses and in turn each one goes shopping
they get 500 euros and 4 hours to shop for a theme and at the end of the week they choose the winner

Vale
10-03-2014, 07:53 AM
Watching fashion police was something my wife and I could share when I was dressed.