PDA

View Full Version : Pink

~Joanne~
09-02-2014, 08:38 AM
I am just trying to understand why a lot of girls here embrace the color Pink. Do you actually like the color? Do you feel it makes you more feminine? is it just the girly thing to do?

Personally, I have quite a few pink things, I think My SO thought because I bought a Pink skirt to match my Pink heels that it was my "girl color" and she started buying me things in pink, which it isn't. She now knows that Purple is my favorite color and that I am not all that fond of pink because I do not feel that I look all that great in the color.

The only reason I did buy the Pink heels were because they were cute, they are 5" without a platform, they were cheap enough to be bought, and I wanted to try something other than Black. For the record I have many things all different colors now, clothes and shoes, that are not black but black is still the dominate color.

What is Your color? Why is it your color?

2B Natasha
09-02-2014, 08:56 AM
My personal favorite color is pink. I have many guy clothes in pink shirts, pants etc. not so much on the otherside of the closet. There. It is mostly patterns of one sort or the other. The most common solid color is black. Why? Because black goes with everything. If looks great with so many colors and the colors that you put with if always POP.
But pink is my favorite color. Always has been always will be. Since I was a like kid. Loved pink.

Anna H
09-02-2014, 09:07 AM
Mine has *Always* been pink. It's just sheer good luck that it's also
a "girly" color....lol!

(i used to spray paint my tools pink at a few jobs I worked at. Nobody
ever borrowed my stuff...heehee)

:)

bridget thronton
09-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Pink is okay (if have a few pink items) but not my fav

Ressie
09-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Of course pink is the color assigned to females at birth and beyond. But what shade of pink do you like? Hot pink is one of my least favorite colors, while a pastel pink is very nice. I've always been more of a blue fan with leanings toward aqua and teal.

Sara Jessica
09-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Regular pink doesn't do a whole lot for me but for some reason, I swoon over shades of pink which approach magenta.

I happened to find this dress on Saturday morning (for 88% off retail, thank you :) ). Goes perfectly with these heels which I already had.

stephNE
09-02-2014, 10:06 AM
I also like pink. A few moths ago a friend held a "pretty in pink party", and of course we all wore pink - it was so much fun.

Isabella Ross
09-02-2014, 10:35 AM
Pink makes me weak in the knees. I can't really explain why...

vallerie lacy
09-02-2014, 10:45 AM
I've always felt that it doesn't get any better , make that Girlier, than pink. If it were up to me, every article of clothing would be PINK. Of course they would also be nylon and lacy too.

Stephanie47
09-02-2014, 11:05 AM
I really love pink undergarments; panty, bra and slip. I've always loved watching women attired in some pink/black combination of clothes.

Samantha Clark
09-02-2014, 12:02 PM
I have a few pink things but I feel more drawn to violet and lavender. It's a mixture of light blue and pink.

mechamoose
09-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Anthropologically speaking, pink is supposed to represent 'fertility' and 'fecundity'. Female bits are usually more pink than 'fleshy' when she is fertile or aroused. (Lips, labia, etc)

It is a 'female signal' on multiple levels.

It sets off a discord kind of reaction in many 'manly men' when seen on a male. But for us CS/TS/GD people, it is a flag stuck in the sand. It is claiming the right to the space. "I am woman, hear me bellow! (Er.. roar)"

"Pink & proud!"

/swish

- MM

MsVal
09-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Good question.
My wife recently bought me a bunch of feminine garments which included two blouses which are identical but for their color: pastel blue and pastel pink. I like them both. I like them a LOT. If I had to choose which one to keep and which to return, I would keep the pink.

Why? I suspect for the same reason we are (were) ashamed to be trans*. We are conditioned by society to associate pink with feminine.

cdterri
09-02-2014, 01:00 PM
I love pastels, any and all, but pink is #one.

~Joanne~
09-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Of course pink is the color assigned to females at birth and beyond. But what shade of pink do you like? Hot pink is one of my least favorite colors, while a pastel pink is very nice.

See that's it right there isn't it? I don't think they make any shades of pink that actually match. I think this is why I am not fond of pink itself.

Sure if you by a solid pink dress, but try matching two pinks in separate pieces or that dress to your heels. Again they are always sort of "off" color wise. Maybe by a shade or two. I love Maroon and red but pink just doesn't do much for me on it's own. Sure I can mix it with black and create some great looks but I want to get away from the black itself.

Sara, The dress is very cute and what a deal ! the heels are gorgeous! hopefully you do a few pictures ;)

Ressie
09-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Joanne, same problem with green. Way too many shades to get any articles of clothing to match. I've tried taking something green to many stores to try to match to socks or something. It doesn't work. Lime, forest, Kelly, Olive, etc. Then there's yellow/green, blue/green/. Need a pantone color chart to figure it out!

http://www.cal-print.com/InkColorChart.htm

typhoidmary
09-02-2014, 02:18 PM
My main colour is black [-]because i'm a goth[/-] because I find it much more elegant, and I like how it matches my black hair and pale skin. I don't generally like to have more than three colours going on at once, it just doesn't suit me.

Amanda L.
09-02-2014, 03:39 PM
I do like pink, not pastel pink but a deep pink much the same as Sara Jessica. Black is dominant in my wardrobe as it is flattering and elegant, but black is not a colour (so I was always told as a kid)
I would say red is my female colour. It is so vibrant and energetic
Cheers
Amanda

Pïnk Lipton
09-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Well, the colour pink does represent femininity in our modern society; it has for a long time.
Keeping that in mind, I find it curious that before this became the norm, the colour-gender association pattern was completely different.
Pink was a masculine colour, while hues of blue were considered feminine. Or at least that's what I've heard.
Seems like the roles have reversed.
As you can tell by my name, I do love the colour pink. It's fun & bubbly, and it accentuates my personality.
Even so, I would say that purple & teal are my go-to colours & fit with my style the best. I'm actually on the hunt for plain, teal heels as we speak.

ShannonDragon
09-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Pink did not become the accepted norm for girls until the 1940's.
In the 1920s, some groups had actually been describing pink as a masculine color, an equivalent of the red that was considered to be for men, but lighter for boys.
In 19th century England, pink ribbons or decorations were often worn by young boys.
Why pink for boys? Some argued that pink was a close relative of red, which was seen as a fiery, manly color. Others traced the association of blue with girls to the frequent depiction of the Virgin Mary in blue.

Info came from Wikipedia and others
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2831/was-pink-originally-the-color-for-boys-and-blue-for-girls
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/when-did-girls-start-wearing-pink-1370097/?no-ist

Tracii G
09-02-2014, 04:21 PM
I love pink most all shades not for the girly factor I just love the color.
My fave combination for outfits is black and red.

Michelle colson
09-02-2014, 05:04 PM
I like pink, especially for lingerie but oddly enough I don't own a single pink garment. I should fix that oversight!

Michelle789
09-02-2014, 05:10 PM
I'm not sure how pink became a girl color and blue became a boy color. But I like the color pink. It's probably combination of me actually liking the color, and me wanting to embrace what is girly.

I like a lot of things girly: pink, strawberry smoothies, dresses, fruity perfumes, shoes, and more

Maybe I just like things that are fruity, regardless of whether or not they're actually girly

I also like black, blue, red, green, purple. I like dresses with lots of colors, and yellow or tan is okay if it's one of many colors in a dress. My wardrobe consists of these colors.

I actually don't own any pink dresses or clothing, interestingly. I have a pink wallet, I like fruity scents for perfume and body lotion, which are packaged in pink colored bottles. My computer is themed in pink, and my journal has a pink with black cover.

So maybe I like certain things in pink, and certain things in other colors.

darla_g
09-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Pink is great, especially cooler shades of it. Darla likes pink but not exclusively. My male side will rock pink as well.

Adriana Moretti
09-02-2014, 05:20 PM
I own NOTHING pink....ok wait...just 1 shirt that says " On Wednesdays We Wear Pink " ...but I wear it on thursdays.

mechamoose
09-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Pink, lime green, sky blue, shocking purple, and (of course) black...

...undies (of course) at the very least, often socks/stockings!

- MM

Dana does shopping
09-02-2014, 05:57 PM
That dress & those heel are certainly a 'find'!

raven_crossdresser
09-02-2014, 07:17 PM
I think pink is associated with femininity. I personally like bright red foe the same reasons.

JayeLefaye
09-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Panties, pink. Slips, camis and nightwear, a variety, and mostly black & silver for my age appropriate outerwear.

I used to have several pink skirts and tops, and my SO & I had a discussion about it the other day. She thinks it's because I missed the whole "pink stage" that it seems most girls go through at some point tween their tweens and twenties...I think that inside, I've got a lot of pink, so I try to bring that out from within.

Jaye

Tinkerbell-GG
09-02-2014, 09:06 PM
I guess I associate pink with little girls. I personally can't stand most shades of it as girls are literally bombarded with it these days so I'm well and truly OVER IT, but I don't mind an accent piece here or there.

I wouldn't say it's a feminine color either, just that it's been sold as one. Men can look amazing in pink.

Black - now that's a color all girls look good in :)

Robin777
09-02-2014, 09:21 PM
I love pink. I have pink slips,pink panties and bras,pink nightgowns and a couple of pink dresses. They are in all in different shades of pink. I'm drawn to other feminine colors too,Like baby blue and greenish-blue shades. For the color pink, it must just be my feminine side. I don't have any male clothes in any shade of pink. But when I dress I am really attracted to it. I don't really understand why.

MissTee
09-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Mostly I like pink because . . . it's pink. It's just pretty. In addition, there's long been a taboo about guys and pink so I suppose there's an element of defiance in embracing it.

Di
09-02-2014, 09:53 PM
I prob have every color in the rainbow in my closet BUT my favs are red and black.( lots of black ) I think with my blonde hair and being fair they suit me best.:o

Julie95
09-06-2014, 08:27 AM
Pink is my favorite color, pink is so girly.

Julie

Seana Summer
09-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Most of my cloths, especially my winter wardrobe, is Black and other dark colors. I think dark colors look better on me. My summer wardrobe contains a lot of beige and white and pastel colors, but not much in pink. I'm not sure why. Its just not my color

Marcie
09-06-2014, 09:11 AM
I love pink especially in my sexy underwear. I think it looks sooooo sensual.

Greenie
09-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Of course pink is the color assigned to females at birth and beyond. But what shade of pink do you like? Hot pink is one of my least favorite colors, while a pastel pink is very nice. I've always been more of a blue fan with leanings toward aqua and teal.

Funny, It actually used to be the opposite. another commentator said down below. Blue was seen as a gentler color, that represented fertility and was considered delicate. Pink/red was a strong and powerful color, and boys wore that.

If you want more "meat" than Wikipedia. Its talked about in the book "Manhood in America" (http://www.amazon.com/Manhood-America-Cultural-Michael-Kimmel/dp/0684837129?tag=vglnkc4283-20)

My favorite color is green, I also REALLY like teal. To wear, red looks good on my skintone.

Ally 2112
09-06-2014, 11:45 AM
For quite awhile mostly everthing i bought had to be pink .But now i do like other colours

CynthiaD
09-06-2014, 12:13 PM
I usually wear black, because it looks good on me. But I really like pink. Hot pink.

Mia001
09-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Here you go. QI has the answer as always. About 2.15 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f7urmRaRxY

Yoshisaur
09-06-2014, 01:51 PM
I like to wear pink and white when I want to try a cute look, but red and/or black is still my favorite colors because I just think I look better in them and feel sexier in them.

Tina_gm
09-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Basically not a fan of the color. Hot pink once in a great while under just the right conditions, but the mellower colors of pink, no. Not on anyone. For those who wear the color, I am not judging you, I just am not a fan of the color, sorry.

Candice Mae
09-06-2014, 06:06 PM
I look good in pink, it works good with my skin tone and being a brunette.

Ann Thomas
09-06-2014, 07:21 PM
I'm really into pink - just ordered some steel toed work shoes in hot pink - and yes my tools at work are pink where possible. My next favorite color seems to be teal.

Since she was old enough to make choices, my daughter has always hated pink, but is wildly into purple. She's still that way today, a couple of decades later. So, purple is fine by me!

Ann

Kaze_
09-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Pink lipstick makes me swoon, but other than that its just another color.

Green is my favorite color, but I tend to buy black or darker colored clothes.

BLUE ORCHID
09-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Hi Joanne, I have a half a dozen different pink shirts.:daydreaming:

Jamie001
09-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Prior to the 1940's pink was considered a masculine color and boys were typically dressed in pink while girls were dressed in light blue.

Tammy Lynn Tx
09-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Our male U.S.Army officers wore "pink and greens" until after WWII.
I probably have as many "male" clothes that are pink as I do Tammy's clothes, but prefer almost any color that are more of a pastel color.

Samantha_Smile
09-07-2014, 06:50 AM
Whether you like it or not, pink is the accepted colour of femininity. If it is not your colour of femininity, please remember, to most of the world it is.

I like pink, actually, I love pink, whether its hot, baby, dirty or pastel.
I never wear pink as a man, not out of fear or anything, I just think that blokes cant pull it off.
So getting the opportunity to wear it and at least try to pull it off, well it's lovely.

Personally, I do feel a little more girly when I'm wearing something pink.
I don't question it or ask "Well why should pink be for girls and blue be for boys" because I'm all amped up on some gender equality crusade.
I just think, I like this, I feel more girly this way.
So :tongueout to the nay sayers.

Cheryl T
09-07-2014, 07:15 AM
My favorite has always been Purple in some shade.
I have a particular fondness for Lavender.
That being said, Pink is in the Purple family and I do love pink. It's a very feminine color and just has a certain feel to it when I put it on.

im-sparkles
09-07-2014, 09:34 AM
I love pink! I have a few pink clothes but most of them are a mix with other colors. I like how i feel in pink and my so says pink is totally my color.

Gretchen_To_Be
09-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Hi Joanne

I'm not a fan of pink, and don't own any pink clothing or shoes. I go for the neutrals...beige, grey, taupe.

Shibumi

Judith96a
09-07-2014, 10:37 AM
I look good in pink, it works good with my skin tone and being a brunette.

Candice, you also look good in blue (e.g your avatar) - all to do with being unspeakably pretty to begin with!

Actually I'm not that keen on pastel pinks, and the male me refuses to wear pink, but hot pink / cerise - now that's a whole different story (just cannot resist cerise / fuchsia lipsticks)! ;)

Dianne S
09-07-2014, 10:40 AM
I like pink because it looks good with my skin tone and hair color. But I don't go crazy; I only own one pink dress and a pink T-shirt.

I generally like bright colors and florals. Black is OK, but I find it a bit boring and over-powering.

Kris Avery
09-07-2014, 10:54 AM
I actually hate pink.

I'm a purple girl myself - as clearly evidenced by my pictures I post. What can I say -it's a personal preference.

Jamie001
09-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Almost, but you are incorrect about one thing.

Pink is for girls. Blue is not for boys. Blue and all other colors are also for girls.

Whether you like it or not, pink is the accepted colour of femininity. If it is not your colour of femininity, please remember, to most of the world it is.

I like pink, actually, I love pink, whether its hot, baby, dirty or pastel.
I never wear pink as a man, not out of fear or anything, I just think that blokes cant pull it off.
So getting the opportunity to wear it and at least try to pull it off, well it's lovely.

Personally, I do feel a little more girly when I'm wearing something pink.
I don't question it or ask "Well why should pink be for girls and blue be for boys" because I'm all amped up on some gender equality crusade.
I just think, I like this, I feel more girly this way.
So :tongueout to the nay sayers.

Richelle423
09-07-2014, 03:18 PM
in my opinion from what I know blue and especially light blue mixed with white is associated with the Virgin Mary
i believe there was a time about 150 years ago when the color blue was associated with femminine things..

Wasia
09-07-2014, 04:02 PM
I prefer sky-blue. Own several tees in all colors (and mixes of them), for the last few months the favorite one is a light-blue with tiny yellow flowers on it.
Pink is OK, but it does not make me weak in the knees.

devida
09-07-2014, 04:48 PM
Black, black, black, oh, and did I say black? I dislike pink and blue. Green and red are acceptable.

Fun fact. In the early 20th C in America blue was a girl's color and pink was for boys. All these color preferences are created by the media and the ad industry for their clients, with the exception of black, of course, which is genetic.

lil-girl27
09-07-2014, 08:26 PM
I have never been a fan of pink. however i do love purple. boy or girl purple is my color. but i do like the green of my car reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream...yummm!!!

Kris Avery
09-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Devida,

You are wired like my SO...she likes grey (charcoal) and black....so much so, she has 3 of one black top that I call 'her uniform'.......lol

suchacutie
09-07-2014, 10:03 PM
Tina has nothing in pink! She really prefers blacks, blues, and white!

My guy side on the other hand enjoys pink shirts and ties. Go figure!

erickka
09-08-2014, 05:14 AM
[QUOTE=Sara Jessica;3588005]Regular pink doesn't do a whole lot for me but for some reason, I swoon over shades of pink which approach magenta.

I agree with you on this one!

Fi Evo
09-08-2014, 05:47 AM
I prefer dark colours, but I do have one cerise frock which I do like on occasions though!

Fiona

mariehart
09-08-2014, 06:14 AM
If you wander around a woman's clothes shop you will note the comparable absence of pink clothing. Pink may be seen as a feminine colour but in reality it is mostly for little girls. The only adult women around here who wear pink are the 'Traveller' women who often dress way over the top sometimes with lurid pink clothes. But they are way out on their own in the choice of clothes.

On the other hand the wearing of pink by men is very common. I have several men's tops, mostly bought for me by my wife that are essentially dark pink. Not to mention pink shirts. Blue is for little boys.

I do like pink though and coincidentally I'm wearing something pink right now. But that would be the exception. One of my favourite clothes colours is light blue which I think is very feminine.

So the story of pink is not black and white, :heehee: More of a pinky shade of grey.

swansong
09-08-2014, 11:29 AM
I love all the bright colors, including pink. Not in guy mode though, usually black t shirts and blue jeans.

~Joanne~
09-08-2014, 11:45 AM
I love black but it's mostly my drab color so I just try to brighten things up when I am en femme. Pink just doesn't work for me but hey, if it works for you.....:D Purple and dark reds I think I look best in.

Greenie, Green? hmmmmm lol ;)

Di, Black is a good color for a fair toned woman. I am sure you still look great in Pink though ;)

Jane G
09-08-2014, 02:53 PM
My favorite colour for cloths is Blue. I do love pink too, but only for tops and accessories not all pink.

lexivanderpump
09-08-2014, 09:04 PM
I love the color Pink. Always have, always will. I like the way Pink looks on me.

Love,
Lexi V.

TammyTea
09-08-2014, 09:45 PM
I love it, it's very versatile and looks great even as one solid color for an outfit(usually lingerie, not fond of all pink everyday wear). I love it to death but to me, less is more with pink.

sometimes_miss
09-09-2014, 10:26 AM
I am just trying to understand why a lot of girls here embrace the color Pink. Do you feel it makes you more feminine? is it just the girly thing to do?
I'd guess that most who do, do it because of the underlying belief that by doing so it reinforces the concept to themselves that they are 'really' females despite all other evidence to the contrary, all based on the idea that if you like pink, then you must be female which is propagated by the homophobic members of our western society.

Mink
09-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Mink loves the pink!

Gypsy Sam
09-10-2014, 08:01 AM
My favorite top is a hot pink (2) piece tank with lace overlay(ss). Found it on a clearance rack in a Dollar general that was in size 3x. Fits very well and is the best mood enhancer I've come across. Changed my perception about pink since purchasing it. Do not know where that will take me.