PDA

View Full Version : FTM hormones, T, etc.? Help!

Abraxas
10-04-2004, 10:06 AM
Hey there. I'm in need of some information about testosterone therapy or something herbal.
I would like something inexpensive, and something that won't have a drastic effect. I would just like to deepen my voice a bit (but not too much) and maybe make me look more angular, some facial hair, help with muscle mass, etc.
I'm really looking for an herbal thing.
Can anyone offer any advice or do you know anything about these kinds of suppliments?
Thanks very much,
Eddie

Deborah757
10-04-2004, 05:29 PM
I have used a herb called yohimbe in the past as a weight lifting supplement. You can get it at GNC. It was a liquid in a small bottle. It is some kind of root from an African plant that is supposed to have testosterone like effects on the muscle. I believe it helped me build strength and size "while lifting weights". I don't know if it will have any effect on your voice, hair, etc.

If you are going to lift weights may I recommend the book, Arnold Schwartzenegers (sp) Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding. It will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about every exercise imaginable with free weights. You should be able to find it in any major bookstore.

The important thing to remember is that regardless of sex, unless you are on anabolic steroids, muscle gains from weight lifting come slowly and with a lot of hard work. I might add that anabolic steroids used without a doctor's supervision are a bad idea! Don't get discouraged if you don't look like Arnold after one month. Good luck.

Deborah

Abraxas
10-05-2004, 12:19 AM
Thanks very much!
I don't need to look like Arnold Schwarzennegar; I'd just like my arms to be more toned, legs a tad bigger, and a flat stomach (good luck, right ;) ).
I'll check into it. My mum's a personal trainer and I've got a gym membership so it shouldn't be too hard to get into shape.
:-D