PDA

View Full Version : Buying dresses at Epcot

Aileen
01-21-2006, 04:33 PM
I went to DisneyWorld last summer, and for the first time I had the nerve to buy one of those beautiful Cheongsam dresses at the Japan pavillion at Epcot. They will always at least pretend to believe that it's for someone else. They say "Do you know her size?" I see no reason to tell her it's for me.

But I did go at noon, as soon as the world showcase opened, so there was no one else there. I thought the smirks of the other customers would be too much for me to bear.

MsEva
01-21-2006, 04:35 PM
That must have been something Alan..I am a bit of a Disneyphile..so you caught my attention just by say Disney!! Will you model it for us?

Aileen
01-21-2006, 05:33 PM
I love DisneyWorld, too. Wherever I am in life, I find myself wishing I was at DisneyWorld.

Here I am in my Cheongsam dress. A tight fit. Too tight. In fact, moving too quickly will cause the snaps to open up. So it's not very practical.

Kimberly
01-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Here I am in my Cheongsam dress. A tight fit. Too tight. In fact, moving too quickly will cause the snaps to open up. So it's not very practical.
Sounds like my dress... the shoulder strap, (left one,) broke! And I got no one to mend it. :(

xx

AprilMae
01-21-2006, 06:32 PM
Touristy places like that is one place where I never have any reservations about buying feminine articles, even stuff like cosmetics. I don't think anyone would bat an eye. Once on a trip my S/O needed Midol AND Tampons. I just marched into the drugstore and bought them.

Lindahexi
01-21-2006, 06:34 PM
WOW! nice dress Alan, you look great.

Laurie Ann
01-21-2006, 08:41 PM
When you wish upon a star makes no difference who you are especially if you look as good as Alan in that dress. I love Disney and have been to both DisneyWorld and Disneyland I love everything Disney.

uknowhoo
01-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Oh, I just can't wait til my trip to CDisneyland next month. :p

T

paulaN
01-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Alen you look great in that dress.

GypsyKaren
01-22-2006, 04:33 AM
Hi Alan

Such a pretty dress! You look great in it, I'm so jealous, I must have one! And you know, who cares what some total strangers think about something you're buying? I used to be so nervous when buying woman's clothes that I thought I'd stroke out, and I was shaking so much they probably thought I was there to rob the place. You know what I found out? Nobody cares! They're to wrapped up in their own thoughts and such, so try not to worry about it. Go out and shop all you want, it's fun!

GypsyKaren

LisaRaye
01-22-2006, 04:43 AM
Hi Alan,
What a pretty dress I wish I had one. I love tight fitting dresses.:bs:

MsEva
01-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Terrific dress, why didn't I think to look for something for my fem side there?:cool:

I guess we are so much alike..just love everything Disney. In fact I usually spend as much time on a Disney board as I do here...post counts are about the same.

Congratulations on the dress. I bought one similar on a trip to DC about eight years ago. My dear wife bought it with me. It is scandalously tight. so I rarely ever wear it.:angel:

Aileen
01-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Hey, how about Belle in that gold sequin gown in the "Beauty and the Beast" stage show? Or how about Cinderellabration? All those gorgeous gowns! Yum!

MsEva
01-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Oh fur sure! But I was really enthralled when 101 dalmations was just coming out and I got to meet Cruella Deville! Loved her boots!:o

Ava Mouse
01-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Gorgeous dress Alan!

I just got a new one myself, no pics yet, but I plan to wear it out to a local garden when the Cherry Blossoms bloom! :D

As for the snaps, I suggest you resew the socket part lower. They seem to sew them for flatter figures. 'tis easy to move them down an inch or so, as there's often enough fabric to do so.

If your sewing saavy, you could probably adjust the frog clasps with minimal fuss, too.

Good luck!

womanatheart
01-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Dear Alan,
I have 4 yr old daughter who is the gleam in my eye.
She loves anything princess. (Where did she get her prissinessness and afinity for hi heels (she calls them clip clops), makeup and girly things??????-who knows???).
Of course, everynight we read a (Disney princess) character story book.
I must admit, I am drawn into them too!! Some of them are innocently hot. (I will probably be staked alive from my fellow sisters, but...it is true). Their figures are so extra fem. Merial (mermaid) really does have an awsum figure!! I can imagine trying on the Cinderella slipper and it fitting perfectly!!! And the perfectly fitting ball dress!!:angel:
Love
Stephanie

mskilmer
01-27-2006, 10:20 PM
We went to Disney World last summer, and my kids bought me a cool African Caftan. I warned them that if they bought it, I'd wear it. So they bought it. I wore it to The Magic Kingdom the next day ... it was a hoot. I still wear it around the house ... with painted toenails.

Kirsten41
01-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Would love to be able to wear something like that. I guess that is why i got myself a treadmill. One day I will be able to wear it. You look so great in it.

Kirsten41