PDA

View Full Version : Walk the walk

Shelby
01-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Well I'm practicing walking in 3" heels. I found a site that gives tips on walking like a lady. But I'd to here any others. As I practicedwalking and while wearing a corset, I noticed my posture was very straight and tall. I felt like I could lean back into my corset and not fall. I also noticed that I put most of my weight on the heels, rather then the balls of my feet, which I had done before and hurt eventually. It just seemed to me that this was more graceful, my footsteps sounded lighter and I felt more comfortable. I was able to keep my shoulders back and my chest up hips move some. the site I found info said that men tend to fall forward and catch themselves with the other foot, while women pull themselves forward with their lower extremities. I haven't noticed if I do this last observation, but anyone have any more tips or am I doing this right.

Karren H
01-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Initally I used a camcorder to record my walk, then played it back to se how I was progressing. I tended to put my weight equally on the ball and heal. As long as I didnt walk too fast or try to move my hips too much, I was able to get through the mall or store without a hitch!!!

Love Karren

sandy_folsom
01-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Where's the website that teaches you how to walk. I have a pair of 3" stilleto heels. I still have trouble figuring out how to walk in them. My wife says I should use the balls of my feet - similar to a dancer. But when I do that I feel like I'm going to fall over.

Once thing I remember hearing is to walk in a line - put one foot directly in fron of the other - to give your hips some natural motion.

Shelby
01-22-2006, 12:11 AM
the site I found that info in was tgtoday.com St. Louis Crossdressing and Transgender info. I was working on the one foot in frontof the other, man that really made things look sexy. I think I'm getting better at this walk. I just take it slow and focused and don't practice on thick carpet.

GypsyKaren
01-22-2006, 04:18 AM
Hi Dewdakota

Another cool name. You know, I just kept wearing them around the house all the time. I thought I'd never get it right, but I picked it up rather quickly.

GypsyKaren

LisaRaye
01-22-2006, 04:25 AM
truthfully I learned how to walk in heels by watching women walk in them. I can walk in a 6" heel like it's nothing like I was supose to wear them. My gf cant even walk in my shoes she hate me for that. But keep walking in them and you will get the walk down, it will come to you naturally after awhile. good luck dont break a heel lol.:)

KELLYANN
01-22-2006, 12:48 PM
ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER. and use those hips!! and us "GIRLS" DON'T SWING ARE ARMS. arms down, one foot in front of the other, and move that booty!;)

HI AGAIN ALL. i.e. walk the walk. just put in my 2 cents. i'm sure that there are many GG"s here, that will correct me! or give me some advice.;)

Gale R
01-22-2006, 05:27 PM
And don't forget to take shorter steps, have you tried striding in heels, its not recommended.:)
BTW i learned how to walk in heels during the 70s, always wore platforms (mens) and a great pair of boots with a 5 inch heel & 2 inch platform sole, that was good practice for now.:D

Shelby
01-22-2006, 05:46 PM
I work in a grocery store, more accurately a dairy cooler and freezer. I can't really accessorize on this job. Twice today, I caught myself walking like a lady. It was only briefly and thank god no one was around, because I don't think I could get away with this line "no man, I still hung over from last night, geez, am I at work already." So when at work, walk like a man, when in bedroom, walk like a lady.

Helana
01-23-2006, 12:45 AM
Walking along a line is fine for practicing indoors to get used to a different walking motion but don't bother trying to do so outside as you will stick out a mile, unless that is your intention;) Only catwalk models place one foot in front of the other.

Genifer Teal
01-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Here is a great souce for info about walking in high heels.

http://netdump.com/users/jenny/wearing.htm

I managed to learn many years back on my own. One suggestion I have is that you pay attention to your posture. Women lead with their pelvis when they walk and men lead with their shoulders. I find that if I lead with my pelvis and keep my back just right, the right walk happens by itself and feels very natural. It is kind of like everything clicks into place. My hips sway a little on thier own. I found this easier to practice without heels. Heels make it more difficult to maintain this same posture. Keep practicing and you'll get it right.

Good luck

Hugs - Genifer