PDA

View Full Version : What comes first?

Mirragea
01-22-2006, 12:24 AM
Are new shoes a reason to buy new clothes?Or do new clothes make you buy new shoes?Or maybe words like"on sale"or"clearance" are your weakness?

CammyT
01-22-2006, 12:43 AM
Aloha,
For me, either way. If I see a nice outfit, I may need a new pair of shoes. Or if I see a particularly sexy pair of heels, then I may have to find something to go along with it. Hmmm, sales and clearences ..... really don't do it for me. Nice if I see something that catches my eye on sale, it would be a bonus.

Mirragea
01-22-2006, 12:48 AM
Just wondering Cammy.Do you have any Hawaiian stuff in your wardrobe?

:OT: I know:p

Maria2004
01-22-2006, 01:08 AM
The dresses must go with the shoes. The shoes must go with the dresses. My favorite problem to solve via "shopping". :cool:

GypsyKaren
01-22-2006, 04:05 AM
I don't know, I never need an excuse to shop for anything. I keep a lot of black shoes because they pretty much go with most of my clothes, but I do have a pair of pink strappy sandals that are my favorite, I don't care if they match or not, I'm going to wear them.

GypsyKaren

Sarahgurl371
01-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Mirragea, Thank you for the laugh!

I sure don't know which came first either. I luv clothes, I luv shoes. Or is it the other way around? All I know is that I don't have enough money or places to wear, what I could buy.

Karren H
01-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Doesnt matter!! I will buy shoes and fem clothing independent of each other. Just because I tend to buy on impulse!!

Love Karren

kristytv
01-22-2006, 03:08 PM
with me it lingerie , then clothes then shoes , i dont usually get to the later, lol

Laurie Ann
01-22-2006, 03:20 PM
I try to keep the shoes simple and have several basic colors. Clothes I have a tendenacy to buy seperately and also loke to keep it simple. Sales and clearances are a plus.

Tiffy
01-22-2006, 04:14 PM
I would bet Wendy could answer this question.:D

Kisses, April Marie

SherriePall
01-22-2006, 04:28 PM
I have bought shoes first and then tried to match the outfit. Then again, I have outfits that I scramble to find the right shoes for. Is there a right answer to this question? Do I win a prize?

Amelia Moxon
01-22-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm a shoe person so I buy shoes and then think, hmmm, what outfit goes with them, the last time I went out, I could not find a top to go with the damson coloured shoes I had :( , so i wore a gray and black top with jeans, and I bought some purple jewelry, and used purple and pink makeup, so I guess you'll find a match somehow.

Hugs
Amelia xxx

ERIKA1963
01-22-2006, 06:07 PM
If I'm in a store that has shoes then I look at the shoes or if I'm in a clothes store and I see something I like. ERIKA1963 :o

Wendy me
01-22-2006, 06:15 PM
it's all good shopping for shoes then a outfit or a outfit then shoes .....

KatieZ
01-22-2006, 08:15 PM
When I buy shoes I generally buy something in a basic color that can go with most things, but when I buy a dress that I don't have a good generic pair of shoes for then it's off to the shoe stores.

Hugs

Shelly Preston
01-22-2006, 08:59 PM
I normally wear black stockings so the shoes have to match.

My outfits have to be well co ordinated.

renee k
01-22-2006, 09:11 PM
SHOES!

Huggs, Renee

Cathy Anderson
01-23-2006, 07:32 AM
>[Mirragea]Are new shoes a reason to buy new clothes? Or do new clothes make you buy new shoes?

Of these two alternatives, I more often buy shoes to match the outfit(s). But in either case it's a practical choice, not something impulsive.

> Or maybe words like"on sale"or"clearance" are your weakness?

Definitely not. There's a difference between crossdressing and being one's stereotype of a frivolously minded female :) That is, it's one thing to indulge in being female for a while, and quite another thing to use that excuse to succumb to every 'weakness.'

Cathy

swiss_susan
01-23-2006, 07:58 AM
Any one is a good enough excuse to get the others! :D

:p
Susan

Anne Charlotte
01-23-2006, 08:12 AM
SHOES, SHOES, SHOES, SHOES, and then if I remember, something to go with them !!!:D

Not really though....since I have size 9 feet, I need to be able to get shoes to fit first, and then to try and build an outfit around them.....I mostly get boots, cos they're generally available in bigger sizes round 'ere