PDA

View Full Version : Feminine noise

Katie Russell
09-08-2014, 03:51 AM
Hi

Just a light post.

I was lying in bed listening to my SO putting on here make up and it dawned on me that the clicks made by the various products as the lids are shut are so feminine. It made me wonder what other noises are feminine.

There is the obvious click of heels on a hard floor but I also think the zippers on women's skirts and dresses are so much more feminine than the rough hard sound made on mens.

What other sounds do you associate with being feminine?

Katie

Fi Evo
09-08-2014, 05:58 AM
The rustle of stockings or tights against an underskirt or skirt lining.

Fiona

Kate Simmons
09-08-2014, 06:12 AM
The only "feminine noise" I know of for sure is the distinctive "click clack" of walking in heels.

Amanda L.
09-08-2014, 07:10 AM
Oh yes! Fiona, you beat me to the punch. Nothing sounds more feminine that the swish of silken fabric against nylon glad legs. Combine that with the sound of heels on a hard surface and I am ready to swoon.....swoon I tells ya!
What about the snapping of a bra strap on the shoulder, the sound of a satin slip, against your skin, as you pull it over your body, the pffft pfft sound of a perfume dispenser, the ...the...Oh dear I'm swooning again!
Luv
Amanda

Katie Russell
09-08-2014, 07:36 AM
I thought of another. The jangling of bracelets.

Katie

Chari
09-08-2014, 07:41 AM
How about the "swipe" of a credit card at a sale? Enjoy.

Sarasometimes
09-08-2014, 07:50 AM
The hum of her blow-dryer as she makes her hair look just right! Then the subtle sound "psst" of her using just a touch of hairspray to hold it just right. The slight wind blowing sound as she furtively tries to dry her nail polish with her breath.

The clasp on her handbag closing as she returns that credit card to its rightful spot.

Many of these sounds are subtle as well as feminine.

Kiva
09-08-2014, 03:30 PM
The snap of bra straps when you're getting the girls wiggled in.

reb.femme
09-08-2014, 06:05 PM
I was sat on a tram into my local town and a girl was doing her make as we went along. Quite impressive actually, but for me it was the sound of the containers as she sorted through her make up bag, it was like a fast acting sleeping pill as we trundled along. I have enough trouble stood in front of a stationary mirror, let alone on a tram. Kudos to that lady...and the clacking of those product containers.

Rebecca

TammyTea
09-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Soft breathing, silk on silk and the soft jingle of jewelry.

mechamoose
09-08-2014, 07:04 PM
The heels, for certain, but I get the 'makeup clicks' thing. Male 'prep noises' sound different.

Zippers also sound different. Male ones are these big industrial things. Female ones are lighter & smoother.

- MM

Aprilrain
09-08-2014, 08:42 PM
when I read the title I thought this thread would be about a group of women talking:heehee:

RenneB
09-08-2014, 08:48 PM
I'm a great fan of the 'clackers'....walking on marble in heels is one of my favorite noises... Yep, the bangles are there too. When you stop walking turn to the mall window, brush your hair aside and the bangles just fall down your arm...

One final one that just came to me is the nails on the counter. When I've got my nails on and I'm waiting at a makeup counter. I'll do that thing with the finger nails.....

Renne......

mechamoose
09-08-2014, 09:21 PM
"tickety-tick... tickety-tick"

I love the sound of painted nails on a counter/desk.

- MM

adrienner99
09-08-2014, 09:33 PM
The click of a cap going back on a lipstick....and high heels on a hard floor, of course.

cdtraveler
09-08-2014, 10:37 PM
I too thought about the lipstick cap, compact snap zip sound as you draw out the mascara rod. All good stuff.

suchacutie
09-08-2014, 10:44 PM
Adding to all of the pumps, caps, and sprayers is the noise of the little metal ball in the bottle of nail polish.

GenderCurious Andrea
09-08-2014, 11:55 PM
Heels and the pop of pulling off the cap on the lipstick are classic. One of my personal favorites is the snap of the elastic on a pair of stocking when they have been pulled all the way up.

Lorileah
09-08-2014, 11:59 PM
feminine noise to me is the background in Rod Stewart's "Tonight's the night"

Anna H
09-09-2014, 12:13 AM
...or the long version of Donna Summer's "Love to love you baby"

mesmerizing! (to me anyways). lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5AztWseIdU

Katey888
09-09-2014, 03:19 AM
when I read the title I thought this thread would be about a group of women talking:heehee:

April - I'm not sure you weren't entirely incorrect... :devil:

I have to agree, I love the sound of high heels on hard floors, or the jangling of multi-hooped earring bling close to... but isn't this all a little 'auro-feminising' sounds that are just... sounds...? :eek:

Like ladies plastic zippers sounding different from mens plastic zippers...?? <zzzzip>

Or a lipstick opening being distinguishable from a tube of toothpaste opening...??? <pop>

And the 'pfffft' of a perfume spray being how different from the 'pfffft' of an aftershave spray....???? <pfffft>

I think there's a hint of hurricane season coalescing all that pink fog into something more powerful here....:pinktornado:

Enjoy ladies - I'm popping my earbuds back in now and going back to Shania...

:D

Katey x

Zylia
09-09-2014, 03:59 AM
Dunno, the noises women make when they give birth, i.e. trying to push a melon sized object through a lemon sized hole? Anyway, this thread is hilarious, the credit card thing is funny and condescending at the same time.

Teresa
09-09-2014, 05:51 AM
Those noises get me too ! When I hear them I think about putting make up on ! In reality I've got to go and scrape my face with a razor !
How come when women do zips up they do up in one easy almost sexy movement ? When I do it everything gets jammed in it and takes several tugs to get it to move ?
My wife has belt racks inside her wardrobe doors, when I hear that clatter I know she's thumbing through her clothes wondering what to wear ! It just makes me envious !

Katie Russell
09-09-2014, 08:42 AM
Teresa. You're right about the hangers. The click noise they make as my wife flicks through her clothes deciding what to wear is appealing. The worst is when she asks me what she should wear!

Katie

typhoidmary
09-09-2014, 08:48 AM
I feel like the noise my deoderant makes coming out is more feminine than when I used to wear male deoderants. it's probably in my head though.

Amanda L.
09-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Yeah Katey maybe there is a Hurricane a brewing.
But my female zippers are longer than my male ones (ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip vs ziiip)
My toothpaste lid goes SNAP! and my lipstick goes POP!
And my male sprays go pfffffffffffffffffffffft where as my perfume atomizers go pfft pfft pfft
Side bar note
Do you think they get a Pink Fog over the Red Sea or have I mist the point?
Luv
Amanda

Ressie
09-09-2014, 02:34 PM
The sound of sorting thru a purse to find car keys,

The rustle of blankets being pulled to her side of the bed leaving you cold.

Her snoring! Should I go one with body function noises?

6inchheels
09-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Oh Amanda :)

NicoleScott
09-09-2014, 03:43 PM
The topic has been discussed before with mention of all the usual suspects: clicking of high heels, tapping of nails, swishing of fabrics, etc. But I don't recall anyone mentioning the clicking of makeup containers (powder, eye shadow, etc.) and the popping of lipstick caps. It's so subtle until you mention it - now it's obvious.

Tina_gm
09-09-2014, 04:17 PM
feminine noise to me is the background in Rod Stewart's "Tonight's the night" I was sorta thinking the same thing... Ziggy Stardust.

vallerie lacy
09-09-2014, 04:43 PM
How about the slamming of the door after finding your lingerie stash. I know I'm not the only one to hear it. BTW, did anyone ever get their panties back. I know I didn't.

Trisha65
09-09-2014, 07:58 PM
When using a public washroom, hearing the sound of a pad being changed in the next stall.