PDA

View Full Version : Back from a week of dressing

Sarah Beth
09-08-2014, 06:36 AM
I went away for a week where for the most part I was alone. While my wife knows I dress and she doesn't mind we now have a granddaughter living with us and for more reasons than I care to share it's not possible to let her know. This event had caused me to curtail my dressing at home.

It was a really wondeful week for me, one of discovery and a few scares. I found out that women's jeans fit me better than men's. I found out (while I am still not a fan of cotton undies) that sports bras can be great to work in. I found tolerance if not acceptance and I found intolerance and bigotry. I found that clerks to pay attention to what you are getting, well some of them, and that in that town they were way more uncaring about what I was getting than where I'm from. There were other things too but as I found out in keeping my journal account of the week I get too wordy to start putting it all in here.

It is interesting to me to go back and read what I wrote during the week but not so sure others would find it that interesting. I can read between the lines my joy in places and my fear in others. I stayed dressed completly in women's clothing for actually over three days straight.

I went out in public completely dressed fem for the first time ever, although when going to the stores I was wearing jeans and not a dress. I did however go on an after dark jaunt in a dress during which I ended up havng to get gas and being seen and made fun of.

I shopped to much and spent more money that I sould have but as we all know a "girl" just needs to have things :heehee: Things like nail polish and then if you are going to wear jeans you have to have t's to wear don't you.

I had on a bra probaly 90% of the time I was gone and now that I am home it feels weird not to have one one. It's going to be an adjustment for me to get make to the routine I live with. I'm thinking now of my things out in the storage shed and wondering why I can't just go slip something on.

I can feel myself rambling here so I will just say that I am really happy that I got this chance and that it looks like in a couple of weeks I might get another chance to spend a few days off on my own again.

Krisi
09-08-2014, 06:46 AM
I suppose "you have to do what you have to do". It's good that you could go away and dress. It's good that you had a good time. It's bad that someone made fun of you at the gas station but maybe it was a lesson in what to wear and what not to wear in public. I've been out a few times and wore a skirt and blouse a couple times but I feel more comfortable in jeans because that's what women wear where I live.

CarlaWestin
09-08-2014, 06:51 AM
It seems as though we're always steering this crossdressing thing around the pylons of real life. That's great that you enjoyed your adventure and got some 24/7 experience. More importantly, I admire the way you respect your granddaughter. Some things might be better accepted and understood in the age of maturity.

kimdl93
09-10-2014, 07:05 PM
I'm glad you had the opportunity to experience life en femme for an extended period. It can really help you understand yourself and the place that presenting as female can have in your life. In my experience, after a few days I grew very reluctant to change back to male mode.