PDA

View Full Version : Frequency of posting

JoannaCD
09-09-2014, 12:49 PM
I noticed that there are many of us who joined many years ago, but who post very infrequently. Others have a very high posting frequency. I'm wondering what are the causes of this behavior. In my own case I got bored with the forums and stopped going to the web site but my CDing didn't stop although there were a few periods when I had medical issues that it did. Recently I came back after a Google search for CD friendly restaurants in Atlanta brought me to a post in one of the threads. So now I'm scanning the threads every day and posting once in a while. I may get bored again. I'm curious about how others use the web site and why.

Tina_gm
09-09-2014, 01:03 PM
According to my stats i am averaging 1.97 per day at the moment. I went a couple of months of almost zero posting, although that was due to being busy with other things. I think in the beginning when we first come on here, we have a lot of questions and issues to get out. Once that is done, the posting does go down a bit, or maybe some just don't need this place hardly at all when they get to a place where they are comfortable. I can only say this site is a place for comfort for me. I do not feel so alone. I can also say I have had many issues raised and dealt with, and am more comfortable in many ways than I was when I 1st joined. It is likely overall in a year should I still be hear that my average will go up significantly and it may not be what it is now.

Tracy Hazel Lee
09-09-2014, 01:28 PM
I know for myself, my interests seem to alternate in phases (although my dressing is never a phase I switch out of. That one pretty much stays front and center). Usually in a circular fashion, because I always seem to come back around to the same activities. I wouldn't say I grow tired of any one phase, just that sometimes certain things take enough priority (in the moment) to move my interests to something else.

Kate Simmons
09-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Simple really. If I feel something I post may help someone maybe I go ahead. If not then I don't.

Amanda22
09-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Hi Joanna. I get bored with the thread topics as their themes naturally repeat. When I do visit, I quickly scan the first page and look for a subject that sounds interesting. I usually don't have anything to contribute to an interesting thread that hasn't already been said more clearly than I can, so I skip it. In four years, I'm under 700 posts, so I guess I've never posted much. :D My lack of forum activity has no relation to my cross dressing. Cross dressing is now my normal activity and doesn't feel post-worthy I suppose. I rarely get any reaction at all in public, so I don't have fodder for those types of topics, either. My life sounds boring, doesn't it? Dressing en femme in public is the most fun thing I've ever done, so I don't want to leave the wrong impression.

~Joanne~
09-09-2014, 02:01 PM
I am starting to fell the same as Amanda. How many times can you post about panties, wigs, pantyhose vs stockings, and so on. I look at the first page to see if there is any "meat" to it and if not, off I go.

angela2112
09-09-2014, 02:36 PM
Hardly ever post as I never seem to have anything of value to add. Still visit the site often and read the top threads in the hope of finding something new but as someone else said,they've mostly been covered a hundred times over the years.......

Yoshisaur
09-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Well i'm really new to the forum so i'm still pretty excited to see whats being posted on here. Plus since i'm doing college full time this semester I have a fair bit of free time to post and be active.

2B Natasha
09-09-2014, 03:23 PM
Manley due to these facts. One. When I see a thread that I would respond to and someone said what I would say. I feel no compunction to say it again. Two. Many questions come from new members and this questions get asked a lot. Repeatedly. Which is fine. Everyone deserves to ask a question they don't know the answer to. Still. I get bored with saying the same thing over and over again, albeit to new people. Three. A large portion of the questions just plain don't interest me.

Wildaboutheels
09-09-2014, 03:41 PM
I post to help those who come with an open mind. Specifically, those willing to READ.

But like they say "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink".

Never hurts to offer though.

As far as infrequent posters? One easy guess is that they get their feelings hurt when they get their hand slapped and throw in the towel more or less. All Forums can be mysterious places at times.

RADER
09-09-2014, 05:03 PM
I wish I could go out and meet others like us; I can not, so I come here and
chat with all on the forum. Just my way of charting with others of similar interest.
Rader

Tiffany Jane
09-09-2014, 06:05 PM
chat with all on the forum. Just my way of charting with others of similar interest.
Rader

I second that! Also, I have little time to dress at home, so this is kind of a mental window shopping experience.

alwayshave
09-09-2014, 06:08 PM
I write for a living, so I am not always willing to write when I get home. Further, to comment I must really be interested in the subject.

Tina June
09-09-2014, 06:30 PM
I stop by and read the posts fairly regularly, but I rarely post replies. I guess that I am not a big talker.

Crissy Kay
09-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Although I do read a lot of posts, I really only reply to the subjects I find most interesting.

Tracii G
09-09-2014, 07:35 PM
4.29 posts a day is my average it says.
I have times where I get fed up with forums and quit posting for a while I think we all do that.
I don't feel the need to comment on 90% of the threads here because I have nothing to say on the subject.

CherylFlint
09-09-2014, 09:17 PM
I agree with the other girls. If I can’t be constructive, then I don’t post. Usually it’s the same old question, but once in awhile a question may bring back an interesting memory or two.
I’ll always try to put my two-cents in if I can stop someone from making the same mistakes that I’ve made over the years.

joank
09-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Sometimes I have nothing to say or I'm just not motivated.

paddy
09-09-2014, 09:43 PM
I am like a sponge, I read and absorb a lot of information, but I have to be squeezed a little to get anything out of me!

Aneline
09-09-2014, 09:46 PM
I can go for months without posting and then have a day (like today) when I write a few posts. This is a big community. Lots of times I read something, take some time to formulate a response, come back and discover 300 responses that cover everything I would have said more eloquently than I woulda said it. So I let it ride. My CDing waxes and wanes too so I'm more likely to post when it is waxing...Anyway. I hope you're having a good day regardless of whether you feel moved to write about it.

nvlady
09-09-2014, 10:37 PM
paddy said it perfectly for me.
I am a sponge.

suchacutie
09-09-2014, 10:47 PM
I've posted once a day in the average fir 9 years. I usally show up after a few days and leave a few posts, so I'm really cycling in and out. There is always something new to learn.

Amari
09-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Usually others have already said what I would say, so I don't bother. I have to feel strongly about a topic before I would write a "me too" post, consequently my number of posts is low. I usually look in most days to see what's going on.

docrobbysherry
09-10-2014, 12:00 AM
I seem to have a rather contrarian viewpoint on many subjects. Which I hope mite roll back the Pink Fog for some members. Plus, I try to help those many closet readers that I know r "lurking" here. After all, I was one for over 10 years before looking for others online here. :daydreaming:

However, I'm not here as much as I used to be. Because I spend so much time either going out, planning/filming new Sherry picto stories, or posting and communicating with Sherry's Friends on FB!:battingeyelashes:

sandra-leigh
09-10-2014, 01:05 AM
I used to answer a lot, and give advice or share experiences with people, especially cross-dressers. The more I headed to the TS side, the less of the advice giving I tended to do.

Crossdressing is just becoming less and less a part of my life now that I am 24/7 public transgender. That might sound like a contradiction, but I have a large wardrobe now, with a lot more "dressy" clothes than I need for my life, which does not involve many "events" at all. Skirts get worn a week or three at a stretch, select a light summer top from the pile of them, put my hair in a ponytail, brush my teeth, slip on sandals, and off I go. I'll probably spend more time digging in my purse trying to find my keys than I will in selecting the outfit. And how many times can I tell cross-dressers in other cities that here I can "just do it"? The mods would probably step in and say "You keep saying that, just post a link to the previous discussion!" :P

BOBBI G.
09-10-2014, 06:54 AM
I'm here daily, but only look at page one of M to F crossdressing. Then I only open up new posts, and keep current. I will post if I feel like it.
I am a transgender female so I spend most of my time in the transgender section. Still, I don't post a lot there, either. I'll continue this course as I may come across some tid-bit of information that will give me an "AH-AH" moment.

Bobbi

kimdl93
09-10-2014, 07:38 AM
I think my posting is a desperate cry for distraction from the things I really should be doing.

Teresa
09-10-2014, 10:03 AM
After being a member for nine months I find the questions do repeat themselves, I think new members should be answered but it's a shame they don't take some time to look back through the archives, some of it still makes very good reading !!

Georgia_Maine
09-10-2014, 10:18 AM
I'm one of those who rarely writes, too. My feeling is that if someone else has already replied with comments that I'd write why bore them with more of the same. Oops. I think I just bored them.:o

Sarah Doepner
09-10-2014, 10:19 AM
I try to limit my time at the computer and sometimes fall into a pattern where I only hit facebook. It is true that the discussions here are generally much more involved and require a bit more thought, and that is a great contrast to just putting up a snarky comment, arguing about politics or looking at videos of snorning ducklings. I like it here and have been trying to return more often and contribute where I can.

DanielleLee
09-10-2014, 10:29 AM
What Amanda22 said.... While I've been around for awhile, I just prefer to read and see what's new. If anything catches my eye, I'll reply. Most times however I don't, because it's usually the same topics being asked and answered... which makes since, as there are always new members. :)

Katey888
09-10-2014, 10:49 AM
This:

Simple really. If I feel something I post may help someone maybe I go ahead. If not then I don't.
and this:

I think my posting is a desperate cry for distraction from the things I really should be doing.
(and it made me chuckle :D)
and this:

Rader

And I read a lot more than I write - not just because of modding either. I have learnt so much in the short time I have been here - two big things stand out for me...

1) We can only offer personal opinions and advice however experienced we may be, and it is up to readers how they chose to accept and interpret those views
2) Quality of advice is not necessarily directly proportional to post count or frequency... :)

On the whole, I think we're a good bunch of people! :cheer:

Katey x

Stephanie47
09-10-2014, 11:07 AM
I'm a retiree with time on my hands. Right now there is a lot of "dead" time on my hands. My chores outside the home usually end with dropping my wife off at work and heading home. I search my email accounts. I check the status of my eBay bids, which are not all women's clothing. What better way to start my indoor chores than en femme a la June Cleaver. I do get somewhat bored with repetitive topics. I know from the number of postings and the join date some are new and are not bored. If someone starts a thread "What are you wearing now?" I will post because it is a "fun" post. I always check the postings concerning discord among family members. I think I may have something to add to their conversations. I always check the postings of those who have gone through a transformation process. I feel if they have taken the time to be en femme and post, then I should take the time to at least review their photos. I will not necessarily make a comment, but, they at least deserve a look.

I have noticed a decrease in posting by some. I wonder if they are bored or their lives are in cross dressing turmoil with their wives.

If you're working I understand checking in less. I understand if a wife or kids are hovering near the computer checking in less.

As Radar has said, this is really the only outlet most of us have to express our inner selves. Too many of us are older and pre-date Al Gore inventing the Internet. The days of hiding out are gone.

Angie G
09-10-2014, 11:08 AM
I have been dressing fot meny years more so from 2006. I come here a lot,I like the frindly girls here. And love the reading and giving my $0.02.:hugs:
Angie

Jessica_M
09-10-2014, 01:43 PM
I'm guilty of this also...
I would like to think that it's a function of growth, on my part.
When first finding the site.... I spent a lot of time here, not posting, but reading to learn as much as I could.

I feel that I learn from the advice and recommendations given, then go and put into practice..
When I get further along to another point in my journey....
I find I may need another lesson, and come back to learn more.

Love it here...
Thank you all..
Jessica_M

Ressie
09-10-2014, 02:12 PM
I'd rather post with a good reason than post just to pass the time. I rarely start threads, but I'm glad that some of you do like to start them. Chat boards can slow down to a halt if no one starts threads. So even if threads become repetitious they at least keep this board active. There is so much to learn about CDing and problems associated with it, so I'm thankful for this site and learning from others' experiences.

Lucy Lou
09-10-2014, 04:17 PM
I do go a while in between posts and visits here. Sometimes it is not possible to dress for a while and so I don't visit this site. often when I have the opportunity to dress I feel the urge to come here and read what people are saying and comment and sometimes start chats. It is always on my mind but sometimes it is more necessary for me to do it.

Lucy Lou xx

Sarah Smith
09-10-2014, 04:24 PM
I find it really depends on my activity.. the more I post the more I check the forum and the more involved I get in discussions, but most of the time I am really stuck on what to contribute.. I don't have all that exciting a life when it comes to CD! :(

Clara x

Christen
09-10-2014, 06:20 PM
You know, I've found that hanging around the forums can do me both good and not so good. This is still a wonderful place to interact with people who understand what we do, there's nowhere else that has allowed me to make some really good friends, even if we've never actually met. I've slowed down sometimes because, yes, it can get a bit boring and other times have slowed down because I get all caught up in the whole thing and find my life gets a bit unbalanced. Trying to get the balance right lately is more difficult than I imagined.

Christen x

Talisker
09-10-2014, 06:34 PM
I post infrequently. As with most things i find too much CDING gets somewhat boring. Just one of many things to do to keep life interesting.

ArleneRaquel
09-10-2014, 06:40 PM
I post often because I'm retired and I have a great amount of spare time. Another reason is I love my choice of lifestyle so much that I feel that I must share my experiences. I have over 12,000 posts at various LGBT websites, over 8,000 just at this site.

AKADonna
09-10-2014, 09:10 PM
Joanna:

I come here pretty regularly to view the posts on various topics, but rarely make a post. Most of the time, I just underdress and only think about going "out", so a lot of the issues on this site are not of as much interst to me. For that reason, I sepnd more time on the Men Wear Bras forum as I always have a bra on.

One great side benefit of reviewing this site regularly is locating people who have so much in common - as you and I apparently do! I look forward to meeting you and furthering our dialogue!

Donna

EllenJo
09-11-2014, 06:34 AM
Personally I visit this forum on a daily basis but only post on occasion. I scan the page for interesting topics and reply when I think I have something to add. Most of the questions I have wanted to ask have already been asked. I have learned a lot visiting here and this forum has helped me accept myself more. Thanks to all of you.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

MsVal
09-11-2014, 08:18 AM
I'm approaching my one year anniversary on this forum. I have benefited enormously from the collective wisdom of like minded people that are willing to share their thoughts. Thank you all.

In the first few months I posted very frequently, as I had many questions and wanted much support. A bit later I began posting advice from my limited knowledge. Then, a funny thing happened. I got a lot of help from a therapist, my wife began accepting my crossdressing, I began to accept myself, and my interest in posting declined. I began doing other things during the time I normally would spend on the forum. (I am a volunteer-holic)

Lately I have been feeling uneasy for not doing more to help those that are new. A long time member whose name I have forgotten wrote that there is a cyclic nature to the forum. Usage increases with the new year and begins its decline in the spring. I may not know much, but I probably know more than the newcomers, and ought to be there to help them when they show up.

Seana Summer
09-11-2014, 03:03 PM
I agree with the earlier posts that essentially said "how much can you post about your panties?" When that was new to me it was great! But now it is getting kind of routine and I don't read or reply much to those threads.

However there are new people joining everyday who are entitled to have that conversation. So if someone just joined by all means ask about shoes and underwear, forms and wigs and all the rest. If you have heard it all before than you can pass by without responding. Just my opinion.

I think I have seen a bit of a shift in who is posting. Seems like there are more folks who are transitioning or are considering it. When I first joined seems like there were more folks like me who just enjoyed dressing up from time to time, what I call the plain old Crossdressers, those who just found some sort of comfort in wearing women's clothing but do not necessarily want to become a women. Am I imagining this??

Jocelyn Quivers
09-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Lack of time, I miss the good old days where I posted frequently, when life was simpler, and I did not "live in order to work." Now I maybe have 1 or 2 days every other week to really spend any time here, let alone go through the threads, and respond. Although I am trying to get back into the effort of making time!!!

Tami Monroe
09-11-2014, 03:58 PM
I started slow, then really posted a lot. The I slowed down again. The reason is because of the amount of traveling I do for my job and all the homework I am doing to finish my degree. A lot of days, I am so tired when I get home that I don't even open my computer. Other nights, I have so much homework that I end up crashing right afterward. Also, in the summer, my CDing slows down due to the sweating I do, therefore, after the above menioned problems, I do not CD as much in the summer. I try to catch up on here as often as I can. I have less than a year left for my degree, then that will free up a lot more time for me.

jaleecd
09-11-2014, 11:20 PM
Its amazing how time gets away from me. I have been on this site for several years, starting as a lurker, learning about this area of interest, and befriending my favorites.[they probely never know of my admiration]
I see tried and true CDers, transitionist, heated debates on who is really a true Trans-woman, and some that came and disappeared with out a trace or whimper. I have had a joking comment or three deleted, with a hand slap, I have felt a great fondness for the ladies as the try on their new feminine personnas, and the firery dis agreements on wheather srs was the benchmark or not. I am still content to underdress and explore the pull of being a woman in this world. I have had to stop from jumping in the dis-agreements, and be satified by the better thought and articulate posts.

Samantha_Smile
09-12-2014, 02:35 AM
As with any message board or forum, there are really only a finite number of topics.
When you first join, all the topics are new and interesting and you learn a lot, so you keep coming back.
As time passes and your learning develops by actually using the things you learn and making something your own, you find that the once apparent 'gold mine' is beginning to look a little smaller.
So you forget about it for a while. You begin broadening your quest for knowledge, seeking your answers from EVERYWHERE.
Meanwhile, new users are joining all the time, introducing themselves, posting similar things to you when you first joined, asking similar questions, enjoying the similar threads.
Then you return, and you see some familiar faces still lurking about the place, and you decide to visit some of the other sections of the forum.
Your insight and ability to talk about a broader range of subjects increases, and you start to post again.

The cycle, then repeats.

Vala
09-12-2014, 03:14 AM
I'm just a silent person. I do read allot though :)

Krisi
09-12-2014, 08:07 AM
Sometimes it's just the "same old same old" and I don't feel like posting the same response again. Sometimes a response or a PM leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I don't feel like contributing for a while. I do have a different attitude about this forum than I did when I first started here.

Vieja
09-12-2014, 08:16 AM
I come here because I like to read about others like myself.

I don't post much because I don't have anything to say.

Vieja

Sissy_Michelle
09-12-2014, 08:18 AM
For me, I like to read more. I come here quite often and enjoy reading (listening) the different topics of what is going on in everyone's lives. Sometimes it is fear that I don't comment and sometimes the topic though interesting, I don't really have anything more to add to it.

Lately though, the friends in my life that know of my under dressing has encouraged me to become more vocal or reach out more. They see and understand that I need more like minded people in my life and are supporting me in sharing my feelings more.

@--}----

LaurenS
09-13-2014, 08:18 AM
One easy guess is that they get their feelings hurt when they get their hand slapped and throw in the towel more or less. All Forums can be mysterious places at times.

Probably some for sure. I just remembered when I was younger and was made fun of for getting in the wrong lunch line, or something like that. I realized that the "cool kids" we're just jerks, though. Here, I suppose it's for efficiency, although it's about the same as gamer forums, without being called gay.

Helen_Highwater
09-15-2014, 08:46 AM
Being here gives me a form of companionship, kindred spirits. I would like to move fully out of the closet but I feel that with my personal circumstances as they are at present the risks to my relationships with my SO and kids is too precious to risk. OK yes by dressing covertly I run the risk of exposure but I think it's a balanced one. Being able to share different folk's experiences and to offer mine even if they're recurring gives me support and I hope I add to the journeys of those more at the beginning to their personal discovery.
Yep I'm sure newbies could search for a lot of the answers they seek in existing posts. But having someone respond to you makes you feel far less alone so if by adding my pennies worth I contribute to that then I'll keep posting/replying.

daviolin
09-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Yes, I'm pretty much in and out with the forums. I've just recently got back with crossdressers. I get bored like any other human. But as usual, I'll be back. Daviolin

toniloraine
09-15-2014, 10:37 AM
I visit the site every day. Im a reader not much of a poster.

Jean*
09-15-2014, 12:22 PM
I just feel if I have nothing to contribute to a particular thread, I don't respond, unlike others that feel they must.

sometimes_miss
09-15-2014, 03:03 PM

^this. Couldn't have said it better myself. I have a lot of free time, and doing this doesn't cost anything, unlike some of my other past times, which border on insanely expensive.

JayeLefaye
09-16-2014, 08:47 PM
^this. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Ditto for me.

Jaye

ericalynncd
09-16-2014, 09:07 PM
After 7 yrs I have read and posted as much as a could. Life happens and circumstances change. I went through some really hard times, Lost my wife (not due to my gender) we just grew apart and she was looking for someone else to take financial advantage of. The economy took its toll on me and lost everything I had. Became homeless living on a cobblestone street corner, then came the protests, especially Dove World Ministeries (you know the ppl who burned the Quran. I went head to head counter protesting them, as they protested against PRIDE-FEST. and no Homo Mayor. Gainesville Fl. Met a S.O. who accepts me and allows me to become who I am. sooo. Im back. :battingeyelashes:

Gretchen_To_Be
09-16-2014, 09:45 PM
There is no greater zealot than the recent convert. When I first embraced this side of myself and revealed it to my wife, I wanted self-affirmation and was a constant poster. Now I will go for a few months (usually when I stop dressing) just to stop thinking about it and distance myself from the urge. Right now I am ramping up in anticipation of dressing again during the Winter months. I will resume my "Heel of the Week" thread soon, and hopefully have some nice "fashion shows" with my lovely wife, where she agrees to pics together.

Cheers to sheers,

Shibumi

Beverley Sims
09-17-2014, 03:58 AM
I find the social interaction is good here.

Amanda M
09-17-2014, 04:13 AM
If the topic is interesting, then I'll engage. Really though, I don't care what you are wearing just now, or whether you prefer pantyhose or stockings!

Lynn Marie
09-17-2014, 06:53 AM
The problem with forums is that they are forums! Lots of people talking. Lots of people trying to get noticed and or validated.

wanda66
09-17-2014, 02:20 PM
This site alowed me to admit to my self and to say that i loved to wear woman's clothing. I was amazing to me that there areso many of us out there. Even here I am afraid of opening the closet door. It took me a long time before i would show myself . Like others i look for topics of interest, even here iam looking to blend in not stand out..

ReluctantDebutant
09-21-2014, 09:32 AM
I would like to reply to more post than I do. There are a few really good threads out there. Despite my interest in the topic I find a lot of times I don't have anything interesting to add.

Shirley Anne
09-21-2014, 11:46 AM
I check in most days and read some posts but very rarely reply unlessI have something relevant to say that hasnt already been said. My wife has known all along about my CDing and is perfectly in agreement with it so I have no experience of the problems of those trying to dress in secret hence no advice. I also find that lately on most of the CD forums there are more and more TG/TS girls, as purely a crossdresser perfectly happy with both my male and female sides I dont think Im qualified to comment on TG/TS questions.