PDA

View Full Version : One little letter

Thea Pauline
09-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Hello all,

I feel the need to pass on the big happening of the day! Recently, I've had some difficulty and had to have friends vouch for me in situations that require ID, First, I'm older and no longer look like my driver's license photo and 18 months of hormones, laser and electrolysis do change ones' appearance. I do not intend to change my name, as the legal implications are too daunting in my life; yet today, my whole world changed again when I went in with my letters and doctors' signatures to get a new photo and driver's license with the correct gender marker. One little letter. And like the Mio commercial, "It changes everything..."

Best wishes to all;

Thea :)

Katey888
09-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Congratz Thea! :cheer:

May your passage through life and bureaucracy be now much easier than before.. :)

And more fulfilling too!

Katey x

phylis anne
09-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Congrats Ranae,
it appears you are getting there ,when I still lived in alaska I went in to renew my license and filled out the usual paperwork with the usual questions you know---hair color ,eyes etc, the girl looked at me looke d the paper and said when was the last time you looked in the mirror ! had a good laugh out of that good luck on your journey hugs phylis anne

MsVal
09-12-2014, 12:54 PM
That one little letter made one Colorado gal Rocky Mountain High.
Congratulations.