PDA

View Full Version : wearing glasses sexy or not ?

katie elouise
09-12-2014, 07:50 AM
do you feel empowered when wearing glasses ?

CostaRicaRachel
09-12-2014, 08:05 AM
You are sexy with or without glasses. I like your hair!

Kate Simmons
09-12-2014, 08:14 AM
I was wearing mine en femme one night and someone told me that the "geek" look was "in" so I guess. :battingeyelashes::)

GingerSeti
09-12-2014, 08:37 AM
It would be nice to SEE who I'm with :-)

pattyjones954
09-12-2014, 08:53 AM
I agree you look sexy with or without glasses like your hair

Linda E. Woodworth
09-12-2014, 08:59 AM
Sexy depends on the attitude of the person.

Glasses can either add or detract from the look. You look great either with or without them.

Like Ginger commented, it's nice to be able to see who you're with and where you are going!

Georgia_Maine
09-12-2014, 09:00 AM
The only empowerment I feel when wearing glasses is my ability to see! Usually that's a good thing.:)

BillieAnneJean
09-12-2014, 09:16 AM
What is it like when sexy is gassed?

Seems like the event of gassing would NOT be sexy.

katie elouise
09-12-2014, 09:23 AM
You are sexy with or without glasses. I like your hair!

Thank you very much, it gets harder once your 50 yrs old but trying to age gracefully :)

What is it like when sexy is gassed?

Seems like the event of gassing would NOT be sexy.

I apologise it should have read glasses my mistake ! I should have put my gasses on before :o

Lexi Moralas
09-12-2014, 09:33 AM
Sexy either way girl!

Bria
09-12-2014, 09:35 AM
For me glasses aren't sexy, just necessary as I can walk into doors or off cliffs without them!

Hugs, Bria

heellover
09-12-2014, 09:39 AM
I actually like the glasses look...and I don't actually need glasses but I have three pairs of fake ones!:heehee:
So yes I guess I find them sexy!

Natasha

KittyD
09-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Totally sexy and even better when you look over the top of them :D

KD

Kris Avery
09-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Yes, I totally agree that a good pair of glasses can really add to the look.

I just took a bunch of photos and then realized I had forgotten them. *(they are props) - sort of - I don't have any with my prescription so I guess I didn't see that I needed them (or didn't have 'em) :eek:

bridget thronton
09-12-2014, 11:06 AM
I always wear glasses - just the way I am used to seeing my face

Julie Denier
09-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Glasses can be very sexy, as you have demonstrated in your photo ;)

Dianne S
09-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Yes, I feel sexier when wearing glasses. The reason is that if I didn't wear glasses, I'd be covered in bruises from bumping into things. :)

Judith96a
09-12-2014, 11:50 AM
It would be nice to SEE who I'm with :-)

Yes, absolutely! However, I prefer how I look without them so I carry them and only put them on when necessary. Vanity is an awful thing!

PaulaQ
09-12-2014, 11:58 AM
Glasses are back 'in' now. So it's sexy to wear them again. I alternate between glasses and contacts depending on a couple of factors:
1. The look I'm trying to achieve
2. The tasks I'll have to perform that day - there are trade offs between my glasses and my contacts.

Ashley Lyn
09-12-2014, 12:06 PM
I need them to see.. Besides, I have two prescription pair of 'girl' glasses..
I usually pick a 'girl' color just for giggles.. Both of mine are red/maroon..
Would really like to get a girly pair of sunglasses.. Hmm.m.m.m.m...

Eringirl
09-12-2014, 01:48 PM
Wait, let me get my glasses so I can see...:)

Oh, you look great!

I wear glasses all the time, and contacts sometime. I admit I usually wear my contacts when I am going out, only because I find it much easier to put on make up with my contacts in versus struggling with glasses. Having said that, I do have a pair of burgundy women's glasses I carry with me as "back up".

Personally, I like the glasses look....very chic, modern and downright cute!

Erin

ArleneRaquel
09-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Glasses are a fantastic fashion statement. Cats eye frames are so cool and I have been on the receiving end of many compliments on my style.

Katie,
You look fantastic, and the frames are lovely.

Rachael Leigh
09-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Katie those are cute and makes you look very sophisticated, and maybe a little sexy to Oh My

mechamoose
09-12-2014, 01:56 PM
It isn't about empowerment, it is about attractiveness.

A certain (brainy) segment of folks find glasses HOT.

(I'm sorry, Ms Librarian, what did you say??)

It suggests repression and intelligence. "What do you get when you unwrap that?" *MMRowRR*

- MM

Vickie_CDTV
09-12-2014, 02:10 PM
I think they are very sexy! I have a few pairs of glasses with non-prescription lens I wear sometimes when I dress. It really changes my look, and makes me look so much different than my male self, makes a great "disguise" of sorts.

I was always partial to catseye glasses, and those big glasses women wore in the 80s (like Sophia Loren used to wear.)

Katey888
09-12-2014, 02:18 PM
Sexy..? Strangely, yes... and my darling wife wears glasses too...

Empowered...? She certainly is when she peers over them at me because I am due a ticking off for something... :eek:

Me...? Don't wear them - amazing for my age but I cna still rade this and tyep prefctly... :D

Katey x

Jaymees22
09-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Hi, Sometimes I wear them and sometimes I don't, but I think glasses are a wonderful fashion accessory as you have illustrated.

Yoshisaur
09-12-2014, 02:22 PM
glasses look really good it makes you look more classy in my opinion

Adriana Moretti
09-12-2014, 03:04 PM
Nerd alert !!!!!

JessicaJHall
09-12-2014, 04:02 PM
Should be "sexy, or damm sexy?" I vote the latter, of course!! I broke my girl glasses though... a damm shame.:sad:
Thanks for reminding me to shop for some new ones!

Amy Fakley
09-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Don't know about empowered, but I'm definitely less blind when I wear them! :-)
I love your glasses, they look amazing on you!
I soooooo need to snag myself a pair of girl glasses!

krissy_toronto
09-12-2014, 05:03 PM
I would love to find a pair of sexy/classy ladies frames to try!!!!

Sarah21
09-12-2014, 05:18 PM
I guess it depends if one wants to make a spectacle of oneself or not... badum tish!

I think glasses can look very cute, they really are a fashion accessory and can set off a look.
Yours really suit you Katie.

stephNE
09-12-2014, 05:48 PM
I'm not sure the glasses are sexy, but they are very feminine, and look great on you. You look sexy without the glasses too.

BillieAnneJean
09-12-2014, 06:10 PM
Katie,
You don't have to apologize!
I was just funning ya!

MissJoanne
09-12-2014, 06:13 PM
As you can see, I'm a wearer (have been for 53 years!). Those ones are my mature office manager lady pair :-)

katie elouise
09-12-2014, 07:28 PM
Sexy..? Strangely, yes... and my darling wife wears glasses too...

Empowered...? She certainly is when she peers over them at me because I am due a ticking off for something... :eek:

Me...? Don't wear them - amazing for my age but I cna still rade this and tyep prefctly... :D

Katey x

You naughty girl

Nadya
09-12-2014, 09:54 PM
I've always thought that glasses were sexy. Even if I didn't need glasses, I think I would wear glasses anyway.

LelaK
09-13-2014, 12:41 AM
I think I look more feminine in glasses, though it depends on what kind. I also need some makeup.

Diane Smith
09-13-2014, 12:57 AM
I don't have any choice about wearing my glasses, but I think they can be a fine accessory in any case, and another option for expressing style and fashion sense. I do have to admit I'm a little jealous of those who have perfect vision, though. As the years go by, that's fewer and fewer of my peers!

- Diane

charlenesomeone
09-13-2014, 04:55 AM
I need the specs too. For those that have ordered them online, how did they turn out?
No problem going to Doc for new Fem frames but a lot more moola.
XX
Char

BOBBI G.
09-13-2014, 05:48 AM
I have worn glasses since I was 9 or 10. Do I feel empowered? No. I am just thankful they cam still make a prescription that will work for me.

71 and counting,

Bobbi

BLUE ORCHID
09-13-2014, 07:11 AM
Hi Katie, I really think that glasses really make a difference.
I have a couple dozen pairs in all sizes & styles in different colors and shades from clear to dark and reflective lens's :daydreaming:

Krisi
09-13-2014, 08:19 AM
I wear glasses to see. I can go without them but I shouldn't drive and can't read menus and such without them. I wear "female" reading glasses from the drugstore when going out as a female. Not to read but I picked a pair that helps my distance vision.

Wearing feminine styled glasses is one of several good ways to throw off the casual onlooker who might otherwise think you are a male.

LesliePinky
09-13-2014, 04:23 PM
Nice but it
Sometimes overpower ur beautiful eyes plus them makeup ie eyeshadow,liquid eye...

Julie 29
09-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Glasses can have a very appealing look to them. I say go for it! I myself prefer to wear contacts personal preference. They would take away my own look. I also love wearing my sunglasses as well.

Huggs, Julie

RenneB
09-13-2014, 06:53 PM
I wear my glasses to drive and to see price tags. Just walking in the mall, I tend to not wear them and just keep them in my purse. This way, I don't have to see the eyes from 20 feet away checking me out for anything... they can look but I won't see them.

Took me a while before I went to the eye MD for a pair of Black Nautica's in my rx....

Renne......

Marsha My Dear
09-15-2014, 09:22 AM
No choice here! The world looks like an impressionist painting without the specs. I'd rather have my eye liner and mascara more visible.

Sarah Doepner
09-15-2014, 05:57 PM
With my unaided vision I am powerful enough to walk into walls and trip down staircases, so I may be less powerful and possibly a little less likely to need medical assistance if I wear my glasses. I would like to be able to wear contacts but never have been able to do that and can't afford to pay for lasik type surgery. So given those conditions and the amazing selection of frames available, I'm happy to wear glasses. Just got new frames and may look for another pair in the near future. As for glasses being the thing that makes me look sexy, eehhhh that has never been a realistic goal for me anyway, so I'll leave that for others and be happy as I attempt to sneek up on looking kind of feminine.

MissAmy
09-15-2014, 07:35 PM
I never had girls glasses to give it a try. I loved CDing ever since getting contacts.

Beverley Sims
09-16-2014, 03:40 AM
Definitely empowered.
It means I can read.
I have both mens and womens frames they are a necessity.
Sexy goes with a lot of other things though. :)

Teresa
09-16-2014, 04:35 AM
Katie I hate wearing them so I don't feel empowered ! OK it's a vanity thing I have to wear them to read and drive especially when tired !
I prefer the least intrusive frame styles, I hate the feeling of wearing blinkers. Many of the Women's styles have heavy ornate arms which I find unfeminine and unattractive !

I've just noticed that if you're wearing the same wig as your avatar one of the pictures is back to front !!

carahawkwind
09-17-2014, 07:06 PM
I have great vision but I love wearing fake glasses sometimes if they are cute, especially if I think I did my eye makeup terrible that day.

I've attached a glasses wearing pic of me I kind of like.