PDA

View Full Version : New glasses/ funny slip up

Lexi Moralas
09-12-2014, 10:00 AM
Funny , I came on today to post about my new glasses , and there was another post on glasses. Lol

Anyway , I picked up my new glasses yesterday , my first pair of bifocals ,
While walking with a co- worker it looked like the floor was coming up at me , I stumbled and almost fell. After regaining my balance and taking the glasses off , with out thinking I said " woah thank god I'm not wearing high heels or I would have fell on my ass" heart started pounding before I even finished the sentence. My female co worker who happened to be wearing a pair of black evanka trump pumps to die for. Replied " yeah you men have no idea how hard it is being a woman"
I replied in typical guy fashion" I don't know how you girls walk in those things in the first place , just know you look great doing it "
Nice cover I thought.
Just a funny story I thought I would share
Lexi

SherriePall
09-12-2014, 10:02 AM
Hope you covered yourself on that one. It's a wonder we don't slip up more often.

Kris Avery
09-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Lexi,
That is SO funny. I love it.:heehee:

Isabella Ross
09-12-2014, 11:00 AM
Love it. I wonder how many times we've dropped clues, verbal or otherwise, and don't even realize it. My own recent faux pas came on the first tee of a golf tournament. Looking down, I realized that I hadn't done a very good job cleaning red polish off my nails. I got my golf glove on pretty fast, and then started working on removal on the other with a set of keys when I was alone on the course. Had my "I was canning beets last night" story ready, but I got the job done, and I don't think anyone noticed...

Leslie Langford
09-12-2014, 11:05 AM
Funny story, Lexi, and great recovery! But more importantly, tell us more about those Ivanka Trump pumps that your co-worker was wearing. ;)

Eringirl
09-12-2014, 01:50 PM
:lol2:

Very cute story....Nice save!

Ya, and be careful on stairs if this is your first pair of bifocals....that can be more dangerous than heels!

Erin

Yoshisaur
09-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Bifocals and be tough to get used to at first. at least it was for me but now I wear mine constantly

Jaymees22
09-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Nice save and bifocals are more dangerous than heels until you get used to them. The variable lenses are even worse, I don't know of any variable high heels though.

Krisi
09-13-2014, 08:40 AM
I've been wearing bifocals for a few years and still can't get used to them. Try walking down a set of stairs (forget the heels, I'm talking about in regular sneakers). You look down and can't see the stairs. Try driving and looking both ways at a stop sign. You have to turn your whole head ninety degrees.

Arghh!!

Genny B
09-13-2014, 11:40 AM
I initially had the same reaction but being able to see the road better and then being able to read things on the dash quickly won me over! I have since gone to progressives which allows me to see my computer screen better too! Highly recommend them if you need them!

Genny B

Marcelle
09-13-2014, 01:24 PM
Hi Lexi,

Great story and great recovery.

Hugs

Isha

Sarah Doepner
09-14-2014, 10:10 AM
New glasses can be great, but that first time with glasses or with bi-focals/progressive lenses can be a real challenge. You'll get used to them quickly and will be able to do almost anything you used to do in heels. I sometimes wonder if we really do need to come out of our shells so we can actually take advantage of situations like that and maybe create better relationships with those we know. But that's got to be crazy talk, right?

MelanieAnne
09-14-2014, 11:15 PM
I have bi focals somewhere in my dresser drawer. I hate them!!!!! I just wear reg glasses most of the time, and reading glasses for up close. I took my reg prescription, and my reading glasses prescription, and made up my own prescription right about in the middle and ordered glasses online. I call them my house glasses. They are great when I don't have to see far down the road, but my reading glasses are too close. They are perfect for around the house and working in the garage. I've also ordered fem glasses online, and never been asked or questioned about it. I don't think I can mention specific sites on here, but you can just Google eyeglasses, and a dozen sites come up.

Had my "I was canning beets last night" story ready,
Good luck with that story! :heehee:

Krisi
09-15-2014, 07:24 AM
Spray painting something would be better than canning beets, I think.

Kitty215
10-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Very funny story, I can't relate to the bifocals part but I can to the wearing heels. Great recovery as well.

robyn_cd
10-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Brilliant recovery and you made me giggle, now about those evanka trump pumps your colleague was wearing.

Beverley Sims
10-07-2014, 01:36 AM
Lexi,
I love messing with minds like that.
I get some interesting comments at times when I do.

Kate Simmons
10-07-2014, 04:50 AM
Actually your co-worker gave you the "out" and you took it. I wonder if she suspects? :)

Teresa
10-07-2014, 05:06 AM
Lexi, Easily done when you've dressed for a while !
When I first had to wear glasses the company had a two for one offer, so I had one pair for close work and one pair for driving. I got so fed up with swapping that I decided to try bifocals and had the same problem you had. The demarcation between the two areas on the glasses gave me a few problems so now I buy varifocals, they work better. I still hate wearing glasses, after I had perfect eyesight for years !