PDA

View Full Version : How lucky am I?

Gemma Rhodes
01-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Hi Girls,

As most of u know I "came out" to my best friend and his wife last week and they were both great and they invited me round last night "as Gemma" but I decided against it.

Instead I took them both out for a meal yesterday as I wanted to show them that my dressing was not the most important thing in our friendship. We had a really good afternoon/evening and they re-iterated the fact that they would like to meet Gemma.

So, this afternoon I went round to see them as Gemma and they were fantastic. We sat down and taked about everything and they did not treat me any different at all, and said that whenever I go round in the future (and I normally go to see them at least once a week) then I can go dressed as I like.

I cannot believe how lucky I am and im so glad I told them. I just wish I had told them a few years earlier as they are moving to York next month.

Gemma xx

uknowhoo
01-22-2006, 03:26 PM
I cannot believe how lucky I am and im so glad I told them. I just wish I had told them a few years earlier as they are moving to York next month. Gemma xx

Woohoo! I'm so glad to hear that your friends finally got a chance to see Gemma. It is a shame they're moving. Atleast now, you'll have more reason to look forward to visits to York. ;)

Thanks for the good news.

Hugs,

Tammi

Sweet Susan
01-22-2006, 04:08 PM
you are not only lucky, but you have nerve. I like that, and if I'm ever in a fox hole, I want you there.

SherriePall
01-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Gemma,
Good for you. You now have another reason to get dressed and someplace to go (even if it requires a little trip in the future). Glad you have such good people as friends.

Raychel
01-22-2006, 06:14 PM
You are extremely lucky to have friends like that. The world need alot more people like them. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap:

Gemma Rhodes
01-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Thank you all so much.

I spent 10 years in denial thinking these feeling would go away, but as you know they do not.

I can honestly say that I have never been happier than I am now.

paulaN
01-22-2006, 06:48 PM
woohoo so happy for you. What a day, you have some very good friends their.

Missy Anne's GG
01-22-2006, 07:51 PM
That's wonderful, Gemma! Your happiness is certainly shining through your post!

Hugs,

Missy Anne's GG

Shelly Preston
01-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Hi Gemma

Wonderful news, Im so glad the treated you the same as they normallly would

Only thing is I cant wait for the latest adventure film

Gemma Goes To New York

NylonMan
01-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Way to go Gemma, congratulations. I'm curious to know what you wore to your visit.

Gemma Rhodes
01-23-2006, 03:05 AM
It was a really strange but fantastic experience for me. I didn't want to go over the top on clothes or make up, (not that I do normally anyway) so I wore the outfit in the pic below.

Gemma xx

GypsyKaren
01-23-2006, 03:26 AM
Hi Gemma

Isn't it great to have such wonderful friends? It's a pretty cool place to be!

GypsyKaren

Jamie M
01-23-2006, 08:49 AM
Gemma , i'm so happy for you , we've seen you come so far whilst you've been here and this is one more massive step that you've taken . i'm so happy that it's all worked out great for you .

But make no mistake it's not luck that has got you where you are , you've been brave enough to take the bull by the horns so to speak and you're now reaping the reward . good on you :clap:

hope you still get to see them as much when the move

jenny c
01-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Hi Gemma
I am made up for you girl true friends are very hard to find and it looks like you have found some really amazing ones. Hope your friendship blossoms.

Nikki Dee
01-23-2006, 10:21 AM
Nice one Gemma...and well done you...but luck.?...funny isn't it.?...the harder you work at something the "luckier" you get.??????..see you soon.
Love Nikki. x

susandrea
01-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Yeah! :clap: :thumbsup: :)

Tiffy
01-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Gemma, You are one lucky lady. You also have some awesome friends. I am so happy for you girl. Enjoy it honey.:D

Kisses, April Marie

pattied
01-23-2006, 11:58 AM
enjoy it while you have them.... and you can always go and visit them in York!!!

Aren't true friends good to have!