PDA

View Full Version : Quite a Day Today!

Persephone
09-14-2014, 02:21 AM
I live pretty close to "Hollywood," so it isn't too surprising that I'm kinda involved in the entertainment industry.

As a matter of fact, I am a member of a group of women entertainers. There are about four or five of us older gals, the rest are young women under 30. It is a lot of fun!

This week we had a visitor in town, a woman of some prominence and respect, and we had a luncheon in her honor at a restaurant in Hollywood.

About a dozen women were able to get together and we talked and laughed for almost four hours. Every topic you can imagine was on the table, from industry gossip to our lives, our loves, men who have hit on us, crazy approaches men use, you name it. You certainly get a different perspective on life when you see it from the other side!

Then I had a mad dash home! My spouse and I had made arrangements to meet with a contractor to get a bid on some work we need done and, since the women's meeting had run long, I was up against the clock and, as usual in Los Angeles, crawling through freeway traffic.

My spouse called to ask how I was doing and I said, "I'm hoping to get home in time to change, but I can't be sure I'll make it. If I arrive before he does then I can change into boy mode, if he gets there first then he'll just have to deal with two women."

"Doesn't matter to me," she said.

I got there before him and in 9 minutes my pretend guy was ready to meet with him. A minute later the doorbell rang.

Lovin' life!

Hugs,
Persephone.

KittyD
09-14-2014, 03:22 AM
All sounds very "Houdini" :D
Would of loved to be a fly on the wall, for all that gossip :D

KD

Marcelle
09-14-2014, 07:30 AM
Hi Barbara,

You certainly have some interesting moments in your life and have embraced both halves quite nicely. I hope to achieve that some day.

Hugs

Isha

Jaylyn
09-14-2014, 07:49 AM
Mad dashes seem to be part of this interesting life we have. Sometimes just thru the house all the while removing clothes, wiping off makeup and hiding nails on the one hand that still shows a nail or two we didn't get peeled off. I guess that keeps us in shape running and hiding. Sometimes I think when will I ever just be me and say to heck with rest of the world.

Sarasometimes
09-14-2014, 08:05 AM
If you were still enfemme it would have been interesting if his approach would have been different talking to two "women". You know those stings they do on TV with the mechanic saying one thing to a guy and another to a gal. That luncheon must have amazing! Envy Envy Envy!!

Great story, I was hoping you made it or maybe not....

Eringirl
09-14-2014, 08:53 AM
Great story! It is great your wife is so accepting! If "quick change mad dash" was an Olympic sport, the gold would be a lock for you ;)

bridget thronton
09-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Sounds like a great day

docrobbysherry
09-14-2014, 01:30 PM
I must agree with Sara, Barbara. U r so lucky to be treated as one of the girls and others.

It is rare that I actually get treated as, or mistaken for, a female. My recent time on a Hollywood TV set provided a few rare instances where the cast and/or crew may have thot of Sherry as a woman. And, I cherish those micro vignettes more than anything else that happened to me that day!

CynthiaD
09-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Fun story Persephone!

How dull life would be without these little moments.

TinaZ
09-15-2014, 03:36 AM
What a funny story! Almost like a Three's Company episode. Thanks for the smile!

charlenesomeone
09-15-2014, 04:04 AM
Great story, and such a nice time you had. Wouldn't be great if we had a
"closet" to jump into and like a superhero a second later out and changed.
Wish it would work both ways, in in drab, out as Wonderwoman. LOL
Hugs