PDA

View Full Version : A day at the races royal Ascot

katie elouise
09-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Hello , next year I am going to ladies day @ royal Ascot any advice thanks

ReineD
09-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Don't wear pants and be sure to acquire a creative-looking hat.

Scroll down, there's even a video:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2345012/Royal-Ascot-2013-Ladies-Day-photos-Racegoers-rainbow-colourful-hues-day.html

katie elouise
09-14-2014, 12:12 PM
Don't wear pants and be sure to acquire a creative-looking hat.

Scroll down, there's even a video:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2345012/Royal-Ascot-2013-Ladies-Day-photos-Racegoers-rainbow-colourful-hues-day.htmlnow when

Thanks that a great link ,it just has to be done thanks Katie x .

Katey888
09-14-2014, 12:12 PM
Hi Katie,
It may help some of our widely-spread, global cousins not familiar with ladies day to give a bit of context - where else but the Daily Mail for coverage (And I see Reine has posted the exact same link I was about to... :D Is that: Great minds think alike...?)

In summary, think glamour, celebrity, big hats and even bigger purses/wallets... Oh, and I believe there is a bit of horse racing thrown in for ambience. ;)

I've never heard of crossdressers attending - which doesn't mean they haven't (apart from perhaps Grayson Perry - I bet he's been...) - this is a high-profile and slightly stuffy event... Very courageous Katie... Have you been before or do you know anyone who has?

I'd take my extra large Ascot hat off to anyone who has been en femme to Royal Ascot... :cheer:

Katey x

katie elouise
09-14-2014, 12:25 PM
Hi Katie,
It may help some of our widely-spread, global cousins not familiar with ladies day to give a bit of context - where else but the Daily Mail for coverage (And I see Reine has posted the exact same link I was about to... :D Is that: Great minds think alike...?)

In summary, think glamour, celebrity, big hats and even bigger purses/wallets... Oh, and I believe there is a bit of horse racing thrown in for ambience. ;)

I've never heard of crossdressers attending - which doesn't mean they haven't (apart from perhaps Grayson Perry - I bet he's been...) - this is a high-profile and slightly stuffy event... Very courageous Katie... Have you been before or do you know anyone who has?

I'd take my extra large Ascot hat off to anyone who has been en femme to Royal Ascot... :cheer:

Katey x

Hi katey to be perfectly honest I do not know any other " girls / women" who have been , but I have been to goodwood festival of speed en-femme and that went very well ,I couldn't recommend this event highly enough very classy , and a real eye opener Katie x .

Shelly Preston
09-14-2014, 12:47 PM
There have been a few girls who have attended race meeting in the uk in the past.

I can't remember which course but yes it did happen as I saw pictures :)

docrobbysherry
09-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Katie, my suggestion would be to wear a nice, traditional hat. If u wear a very attention getting hat, many folks may want photos of/with u. Unless u pass very well, that may be more attention then you'll want there?