PDA

View Full Version : Disabled Dressers, are there any ?

Teresa
09-15-2014, 01:02 PM
Most of the members appear to be able bodied enough to tackle heels of various heights, but I wonder if we have members who are disabled or wheelchair bound ?
I'm not asking out of morbid curiosity, I'm genuinely interested, because of their impairment dressing may give them enjoyment and something to live for !

I've not heard of any disabled CDers but I'm sure there must be some ? Maybe members may know of some who are willing to share their experiences.

Annaliese
09-15-2014, 01:17 PM
I was to a meeting in Salt Lake, and there was a blind TS there, she had a friend with her, no make up, was vary open, and beautiful. Oh my face book, friend there is one of my friends that is wheel chair bound, so yes there are disabled CD's and TS's out there. What I have found no matter what, the social or economic statics we are a part of it. We are everywhere and nowhere, because most of us are in the closet.

PaulaQ
09-15-2014, 03:25 PM
I'm handicapped. I suffer from a fairly rare birth defect, and it has affected my legs. The doctors, when I was born, never thought I'd walk, but I do. I'm really not able to wear heels though. I probably never will be able to manage that.

SoCalBikiniLover
09-15-2014, 03:48 PM
am a above knee amputee, love to dress up when i can, and I will rock a heel from time to time on one leg

Cheryl Ann Owens
09-15-2014, 04:07 PM
When I attended a local support group, there was a gal there who was diabetic. She was wheelchair bound and still in great spirits and looked very much like she had just about transitioned. Sadly, she had limbs amputated and died not too long after. She was so sweet. I hope she's a complete woman in any afterlife.

Cheryl

Krisi
09-15-2014, 04:53 PM
Remember, "disabled" is the one minority you can join in a minute.

I would think that if a person was a crossdresser and then became disabled, he would probably continue to crossdress if possible. I think it should be remembered that crossdressing doesn't have to involve wearing high heels and that many GGs don't wear high heels.

RADER
09-15-2014, 05:28 PM
I have Nerophy in my legs. High heas are out, and flats only if I can get my inserts in them.
So it black walking shoes with quick grip straps.
Rader

Nikki A.
09-15-2014, 07:28 PM
Yes I have a friend who is wheelchair bound and she is a real sweetheart.

Tammy Lynn Tx
09-15-2014, 08:28 PM
I'm not disabled but many years ago had a calf stomp both feet and break bones in the arch, they were never set and never healed properly and now cant wear heels. and I have known a couple of girls that were legally blind from diabetes that still gave it one heck of a go.

Yoshisaur
09-15-2014, 10:40 PM
Well I have a visual disability so I don't know if that's the kind of disabled your looking for. It really makes putting on makeup difficult at times especially eye liner.

Cara Lacey
09-15-2014, 10:43 PM
I am legally blind. (20/450)
I cannot drive, so I am reliant on public transportation or my wife to get around while dressed.
My wife is constantly amazed how I can put on my make up by feel.
I met another blind crossdresser when I lived in Chicago, we are a pretty exclusive group.

LelaK
09-15-2014, 11:41 PM
I have a supposed mental disability from the military, which I believe to be untrue, but I accepted the diagnosis, because I didn't want to be there. But I fractured my left heel in 98, which sometimes makes me limp a bit as it gets sore.

My TG friend nearby has foot problems since a young age. She built an electric trike and rides it to nearby CD events. She can walk a few hours a day, but must rest a lot. She likes to dance at CD events.

Teresa
09-16-2014, 04:02 AM
Thanks for sharing your stories, I'm glad to see it doesn't get in the way of enjoyment for you !
Reading so many with problems with diabetes, I really hope they can find a cure soon ! People shouldn't be losing limbs to it now days !

Blynda52
09-20-2014, 01:58 PM
I use a wheelchair for my mobility, i have been dressing since a young age and continued after losing the use of my legs due to transverse myelitis which affected my lower spinal cord. I joke with other CDs that I can wear heels all day and have no foot pain :)

Sally24
09-21-2014, 07:22 PM
I have seen one TG at a conference in New England who was paralyzed. She had a power wheel chair and an assistant. She still attended events and got makeovers done.