PDA

View Full Version : Teen fantasy in the 1960's

Cheryl Ann Owens
09-15-2014, 03:58 PM
I've been thinking of posting this for awhile. When I was about 14 in 1967 my desire to crossdress was raging. I had older sisters and time after school to try on their things. I think they suspected it as careful as I was. We'd get the latest Sears or Montgomery Ward catalog and I would look at the wigs they sold so wishing I could get one mailed without detection. It never happened. I also had a fantasy of being locked in a local department store overnight (long before surveillance cameras) and being able to not only wear some of the wigs they sold but to also get fully dressed in the clothes they sold. Call me crazy but I suppose some or many of us felt limited as to what we could do to satisfy our needs. Just had to say it.

Cheryl

ColleenA
09-15-2014, 04:06 PM
Cheryl, I too had the fantasy about being locked in a store overnight - quite often. (I'm 6 years your junior.)

Katey888
09-15-2014, 04:23 PM
Well, me too Cheryl...! :)

Although it was either Debenhams or M&S over this side of the pond...

I imagine other teenagers were dreaming of getting locked into sports shops or music shops or motorcycle dealers... not me... And it remains a potent fantasy... along with quite a few more that remain entirely unprintable... :devil:

Katey x

cdterri
09-15-2014, 04:40 PM
Me too! I actually hid in the basement of a clothing store hoping they would leave and not notice but someone saw me and chased me out. This was in the late 50's when full skirts and crinolines were in fashion. Oh what a wonderful time that was.

Andy66
09-15-2014, 04:59 PM
I only wanted to get locked in a toy store. It never really happened, of course.

I actually DID get accidentally locked in the garden section of a Target when I was a teenager. You shoulda heard me scream and pound on the door and generally freak out until a sales assoociate came to rescue me. lol.

Rachael Leigh
09-15-2014, 05:04 PM
I too had the locked in a store fantasy, at the time mostly to wear little girls clothes and sleep in a crib but that's another story lol

RADER
09-15-2014, 05:20 PM
I have been locked in a ladies clothing store many times; But for work purposes.
They would lock us re-modelers in a store over night as to not to disturb the
customers during regular store time.
The one store I was locked in the most was a "Jean Nichol" store. A high end
fashion store. Regretfully their sizes stopped at 16, and I need a 28-30.
So I was in a candy store with out being able to taste the candy.....Bummer.
Rader

Kate Simmons
09-15-2014, 05:30 PM
I usually found a way to make the fantasy a reality as much as possible. Of course as a teen I dressed in my Mom's stuff when she wasn't around but further than that when I was going to Tech School after High School I was in another town boarding with a nice widow lady. She gave me her back bedroom and in that closet of the bedroom were a lot of her dresses and a couple of wigs. When she wasn't home, I got dressed in them and "borrowed" her makeup and lingerie. If she was ever the wiser she never let on. After the Army I stayed at my Grandmother's place. I had a good job and bought my own stuff and kept it in a locked suitcase under my bed. If she ever knew or suspected nothing was ever said. Of course all of this was under wraps and in the "closet" so to speak but things gradually progressed from that over the years.:battingeyelashes::)

Tammy Lynn Tx
09-15-2014, 09:34 PM
When I was in my early teens (69-70) I sometimes spent the night making sure none of the new trees at the nursery/ greenhouses we just got in but couldn't get inside the fences developed legs and walked away during the night. My sisters ( she had passed away years before) clothing and things were in the trailer I stayed in... I was in high cotton believe me. I was alone and loved putting on her clothes and going outside and walking around doing my "patrol"

Kris Avery
09-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Technically, I wouldn't have to be locked in the store to be happy.
The others would just have to get out....:devil:

Sometimes Steffi
09-15-2014, 10:08 PM
I also had that fantasy.

Sheila11
09-15-2014, 10:33 PM
I got to live the fantasy. In college I worked for a janitorial service. Every night I got locked in a dept store for 6 hours. 2 nights each week i was all by myself. Everything but wigs. It was a great summer.

Yoshisaur
09-15-2014, 10:47 PM
Locked in a clothing store.. what a great fantasy :daydreaming:

Christen
09-16-2014, 12:00 AM
This is funny, at one time in my life I was sure I was the only crossdresser in the global village, turns out that it wasn't so. But now you're telling me that even my fantasies aren't exclusive.
I don't know what I'm going to do ..

Christen x

Jeri Ann
09-16-2014, 05:06 AM
I have also had that fantasy. I am 3 years older than you Cheryl. The catalogs were also much food for thought.

Jeri

Teresa
09-16-2014, 05:15 AM
Cheryl why should being locked in a department store be an old fantasy, I still wish for it now !

It's been touched on in films a few times as has the thought of being a mannequin, dressed and left on full view in the window display !
I remember making mental lists from mail order catalogues ! Sometimes I window shop on the net and fill a basket wishing to be able to hit the checkout button !!

Cheryl Ann Owens
09-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Teresa, Yes, even today I'd love to get locked into a store! But ya know, with cameras and motion detectors I'd get busted. I'd probably fall asleep by 3AM and the cops would find me dressed and have a lot to talk about, let alone the media. LOL!

Another thing I wished for when I was in high school was to freely mingle and hang out with the girls. I would have loved to spend an afternoon with a couple of them allowing them to have me try their clothes and to make me up in a safe setting. Some of them had some really nice outfits and I envyed seeing them wear them.

It wouldn't surprise me in today's climate that there are some lucky CD high school boys who may experience what I dreamed of with girl friends.

Cheryl

Ashley Lyn
09-16-2014, 01:02 PM
for a minute I though "I" had posted that!! So much like me..
Had an older sister, and she slept in a different bedroom than us boys, but her closet was in our room..
Loved the Sears catalogue.. Lingere was my thing..
Favorite sister's clothes was a lace crinoline and a skating skirt with matching 'Pantaloons'..

Kate Jennings
09-16-2014, 09:39 PM
Oh those catalogues!

Beverley Sims
09-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Those are wonderful fantasies and they did come true for some.
I at least had a couple of girl neighbours that liked to dress me on the rare occasion in my teens.

vallerie lacy
09-17-2014, 05:10 PM
It always amazes me when I read what other girls fantasize about, especially when they are so much like my own deepest thoughts. I also loved to look at all the beautiful lingerie in the Sears and Penney catalogs, and still waste no time looking at the catalogs that come in the mail. One big difference now is that I also look at the skirts, dresses and heels.
I have gone one step further on my fantasy of being locked in a department store. Now I fantasize that I live in the largest shopping mall in the world. And you guessed it, it would only carry women's clothing.
Happy dreams.

Sometimes Steffi
09-17-2014, 09:12 PM
I forgot all about it, but one summer in the 60's I had the worst possible job for a closeted crossdresser, especially since I'd never even heard the word.

I was a shipper in the local warehouse for a women's store (like Talbot's). I was responsible for packing up returned items and shipping them back to the manufacturer. I even had to fold them nicely, and sometimes wrap them in tissue paper, before packing them up in a box. I got all kinds of clothes to pack and ship. The package I remember the most was when I got a large number of bras to pack and ship. Very embarrassing, and very tough work because I had to keep my hands off, except for folding. My work area was very open, so fondling them would have been VERY bad.